• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The colour green

effy67

I have a 5 year old boy who will be going to his 2nd Southend match on Saturday. His 1st match was at Yeovil last season, his old man decided that a big open terrace to let him run about in was infinitely preferable to begging him to sit in the same seat for 90 minutes! Anyway the game at Yeovil started well until we scored whereupon my little boy burst into tears and started sobbing hysterically, obviously the noise of the mighty blues had distressed his delicate eardrums. After giving him a big hug and telling him everybody was only happy that we had scored and in most season this would not have been too much of a concern but he whimpered that it was nothing to do with the yelps of glee but something much more sinister my dear little boy had wanted the team in green to score and any amount of cajoling and persuading was having little effect.

Since then Dad has worked hard buying him a Freddy T-shirt as well as this season's home shirt but after being told by her indoors that I would be giving up my season ticket this Saturday to go in one of our executive boxes with various of his class mates I thought I had better once again pop the question. I explained that Plymouth ahem also played in green but that now he has all the gear he would obviously be cheering on the super shrimpers but alas not blue is my 2nd favourite colour Daddy but green is still my favourite.

Any help would be much appreciated

Good point Steve and that will be fine for most games but what about for Saturday? I want at least one of the boys to care about the result

Plymouth play in green so the Gk would have to wear a changed strip, to which red is more prefable then the grey it would appear. Unless Plymouth wear their black away kit. BUT if they wear the black away kit, ref wears his GREEN shirt, and then the poor kid will be cheering the referee all afternoon.
smile.gif

i'm colour blind so i don't tend to pay attention.
tounge.gif
and yes i can tell the difference

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Lord Football @ Nov. 14 2006,22:57)]Ah not so...

If Plymouth wear black, the ref would wear yellow.

The order of preference is
black, yellow, green.
And we'd wear an away kit!

In fact, last time we played Plymouth at home - the referee deemed their green to clash with our home kit, so we wore white then!

Tell him that snot is green and that it is also a girls colour and surely he would not want to be seen supporting snotty girls,
it may result in social services knocking on your door on monday but could have the desired effect for the game.

Seriously, If all his mates in the box are shouting for Southend I doubt if he will want to be odd one out.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maldon Blues @ Nov. 15 2006,09:18)]
[b said:

black, yellow, green.

In fact, last time we played Plymouth at home - the referee deemed their green to clash with our home kit, so we wore white then!
Indeed we did - and one for the stattos, it was Steve Clark's debut and we played in white shirts, with navy shorts and socks.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maldon Blues @ Nov. 15 2006,09:18)]In fact, last time we played Plymouth at home - the referee deemed their green to clash with our home kit, so we wore white then!
Later on that season, at Home Park, both sides wore their home kit. Plymouth in all dark gfreen and us in all navy blue. It being a very bright sunny day it was almost impossible at times to tell between the two teams.

IIRC, the ref gave a penalty against us when it was a Plymoputh player who handled in the area. Thankfully, this was turned over by the lino and we secured a brilliant 0-0 win. (Well it felt like a win, they were top and we strufggling at the bottom).

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Uxbridge Shrimper @ Nov. 15 2006,09:45)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maldon Blues @ Nov. 15 2006,09:18)]In fact, last time we played Plymouth at home - the referee deemed their green to clash with our home kit, so we wore white then!
Later on that season, at Home Park, both sides wore their home kit. Plymouth in all dark gfreen and us in all navy blue. It being a very bright sunny day it was almost impossible at times to tell between the two teams.

IIRC, the ref gave a penalty against us when it was a Plymoputh player who handled in the area. Thankfully, this was turned over by the lino and we secured a brilliant 0-0 win. (Well it felt like a win, they were top and we strufggling at the bottom).
What the f...?

What colour will we wear, as their dark green and black are both going to cause our lovely blue problems!!

rock.gif

O the problems colour causes

Simple. Buy him a pair of sunglasses with a strong yellow tint. Blue and Yellow = Green.

Sorted!

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Maldon Blues @ Nov. 15 2006,09:18)]
[b said:

black, yellow, green.

Found it. If we knew about the colour clash why was it not pointed out earlier by either Plymouth or Southend.

[b said:
[b said:

yes, perversely, by the lino at the other end!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 15 2006,11:20)]
[b said:
[b said:

What the f...?
ffat ffingers

Back