• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Didn't know Keith Summers , but knew of him through others.
Really good read and obviously led a really interesting life.

A great bloke who I had the pleasure of knowing.

Amazing to think it's almost 9 years ago, and one of his dreams will be fulfilled in a couple of weeks time, the Blues as Wembley :thumbsup:

A great bloke who I had the pleasure of knowing.

Amazing to think it's almost 9 years ago, and one of his dreams will be fulfilled in a couple of weeks time, the Blues as Wembley :thumbsup:

Recall our first trip to the Millenium and Gus was too ill to travel. I believe he watched the game from his hospital bed, and sadly passed away soon after.

Strangely enough, via Shrimperzone, I was reminiscing about a memorable train journey home from an FA Cup tie at Exeter City in 1976. A "borrowed" keg of west country scrumpy helped create a memorable journey with Ozzie, Joe ..and Gus - who invited me and my friend Mark to join them. The passengers waiting to board Cardiff City "soccer special" at Paddington were less than friendly and as a completely ****ed 14 year old I am glad I can tell the tale.

Gus was fine company!

gus &micky.b always knew where the good boozers were.when traveling with them,away games,they would always "suss"out the good pubs selling real ale&cider.a great bloke,never heard a bad word about them. unless it was the pub manager where we "borrowed" that keg from.again,gus had "sussed" that out ,done it before,same pub,very loud tin roof.none of us would have got into the "sas" !!

Recall our first trip to the Millenium and Gus was too ill to travel. I believe he watched the game from his hospital bed, and sadly passed away soon after.

No he found out fair havens didnt have sky so he delayed his dieing for a fortnight and watched it from home phoned him from the millenium said me goodbyes,He went in fairhavens monday died on the wensday. .....he was in so much pain but he kept going to see his team at the end which he did.... the moaning people on here well should get a life sad aint they.........................same people moan moan moan.

No he found out fair havens didnt have sky so he delayed his dieing for a fortnight and watched it from home phoned him from the millenium said me goodbyes,He went in fairhavens monday died on the wensday. .....he was in so much pain but he kept going to see his team at the end which he did.... the moaning people on here well should get a life sad aint they.........................same people moan moan moan.

I seem to remember that the last match poor old Gus went to was a cup tie against Scarborough at Roots hall which was bloody awful and anyone who attended that would have had something to moan about.
To make matters worse, we lost the replay and I believe that Scarborough went on to play chelsea in the next round.

I seem to remember that the last match poor old Gus went to was a cup tie against Scarborough at Roots hall which was bloody awful and anyone who attended that would have had something to moan about.
To make matters worse, we lost the replay and I believe that Scarborough went on to play chelsea in the next round.

your right we had a box for that match his last,He was wheelchair bound by then as you know mr scorpion still his send off in the spread was fitting we all got ****ed just like we used to when we were all together,,,,,,,,,,,,,,cheers guseeeeeeeeeee

I remember Keith well, a real character and one of a regular group of ex Southend High fans. Can't believe it's almost 9 years since he passed on.

I remember Keith well, a real character and one of a regular group of ex Southend High fans. Can't believe it's almost 9 years since he passed on.

not all southend high boys you make it sound snobish, and elitist we were and are boys from all schools in the southend area the name that springs to my mind Southend united boys tells a story our story.

His wake in the Spread after the funeral was a fitting tribute to him, as was the "Keithie Summer Memorial Away Days" what do you think blue scorpian and shrimpfan?

Miss the bloke.

Pete

Army and Navy pub if my memory serves me correct was on the seafront not far from
the Hole in the Wall pub .But i was only a young lad then , took my Dad to the Hole in the Wall once for a drink with my brother Keith, only time i ever got to take dad for a drink as he became seriously ill with cancer not long after.

Back