• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

AndyT

Lord of the Reedy River
Keen followers of the 'zone will know that me and my mate 'Ironside' had a little wager on Coxy reaching 30 goals/assists for the season. A bottle of 'Veuve Clicquot' was on the table and so confident was he, that he ordered a box of champagne flutes to celebrate his inevitable win.

However, I felt that Coxy was a class apart and had goals and assists in him, whilst 'Irongate' countered, poo-pooing my suggestion, using terms like "are you on drugs or something?!".

Undeterred, I have stuck by my man, despite comments as recent as mid-December "Let's hope his weight stays off.... look like he could be the pie man easily.... due a couple of goals? Don't wind us up".

Anyway, 'Ironman' PM'd me earlier this week, asking if I minded totting up the totals, so he could keep a close eye on events, so here goes :-

Goals (10)

Sheffield United (A)
Bristol Rovers (H)
MK Dons (A)
Bury (A)
Wimbledon (H) (2 goals)
Charlton (H)
Sheffield United (H)
Rochdale (H)
Scunthorpe (H)

Assists (9)

Gillingham (H)
Sheffield United (A)
Peterborough (H)
Orient (H)
MK Dons (A)
Shrewsbury (H)
Bury (A)
Bradford City (H)
Scunthorpe (H)

Total (19)

I could claim an assist against Rochdale at home, as he was the last Blues player to touch the ball before the back-pass to Fortune, but I'll keep that up my sleeve.There'll be updates as we go along, of course, until I claim my prize in April! :cool:

Last edited:
To tot up the score, I spent the odd half hour or so flicking back through all the games on the club's youtube channel.

Some great memories already there and watching the goal celebrations again was excellent entertainment! :smile:

Even when we struggled at the start of the season, we scored some pretty good goals. Just conceded too many sloppy ones, back then.

What is Veuve Clickot? Some poncy French rubbish I suspect. I'd pour that down the drain and have a pint of bitter instead if I were you or if you insist on wine then why not check out some classy Concorde ..... pity you can't seem to get Babycham anymore - always loved a few bottles of that before a game along with some cockles and a couple of pints of stout.

Football's gone all to pot. Now in the old days ......

pity you can't seem to get Babycham anymore
I had a big bottle last Christmas - got it from Iceland (of course).
I drank it out one of these which my missus got from a charity shop yonks ago...

ca73f89aecc52a7c688a2fe34f111501.jpg

I had a big bottle last Christmas - got it from Iceland (of course).
I drank it out one of these which my missus got from a charity shop yonks ago...

ca73f89aecc52a7c688a2fe34f111501.jpg

Fabulous - that brings back memories of the Crooked Billet and The Smack. Not to mention Saturday nights at The Forresters.

Keen followers of the 'zone will know that me and my mate 'Ironside' had a little wager on Coxy reaching 30 goals/assists for the season. A bottle of 'Veuve Clicquot' was on the table and so confident was he, that he ordered a box of champagne flutes to celebrate his inevitable win.

However, I felt that Coxy was a class apart and had goals and assists in him, whilst 'Irongate' countered, poo-pooing my suggestion, using terms like "are you on drugs or something?!".

Undeterred, I have stuck by my man, despite comments as recent as mid-December "Let's hope his weight stays off.... look like he could be the pie man easily.... due a couple of goals? Don't wind us up".

Anyway, 'Ironman' PM'd me earlier this week, asking if I minded totting up the totals, so he could keep a close eye on events, so here goes :-

Goals (10)

Sheffield United (A)
Bristol Rovers (H)
MK Dons (A)
Bury (A)
Wimbledon (H) (2 goals)
Charlton (H)
Sheffield United (H)
Rochdale (H)
Scunthorpe (H)

Assists (9)

Gillingham (H)
Sheffield United (A)
Peterborough (H)
Orient (H)
MK Dons (A)
Shrewsbury (H)
Bury (A)
Bradford City (H)
Scunthorpe (H)

Total (19)

I could claim an assist against Rochdale at home, as he was the last Blues player to touch the ball before the back-pass to Fortune, but I'll keep that up my sleeve.There'll be updates as we go along, of course, until I claim my prize in April! :cool:

I think I said 15 league goals.....check my post, you got excited about assists... where is the Verve mentioned in my post? If it is and I said it....ok...... I'm not like some on here, I'll deliver.

He's back! .. I knew it would work. :thumbsup:

15 league goals. That'll be even easier!

There's no prize involved. Never has been. Just a friendly handshake and a pint will suffice.

Right 'Ironshrimps' I've found our little natter. How poignant that it was after the Millwall away match in the FA Cup.

Our discussions start around post #78 and wind down around post #121. The key posts being #97 and #100.

Here's the link :-

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/showthread.php?91537-Millwall-FC-1-0-Southend-United/page9

Interestingly, Theo Robinson gets a mention in a post or two around that time.

We can have a minimum of 15 of each if you like. Which was my original prediction. 15 goals, plus 15 assists. Total 30! :thumbsup:

I think I said 15 league goals.....check my post, you got excited about assists... where is the Verve mentioned in my post? If it is and I said it....ok...... I'm not like some on here, I'll deliver.
the team do read the Zone and a guy I know who plays bar billiards with Tilson's step brother told me the team deliberately went out of all cups so Cox could focus on getting 15 league goals - all because of this

Back