• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yorkshire Blue

Super Moderator⭐
Staff member
With our skipper sporting a goalscoring beard that is verging on the epic, it's about time we had a thread (if not an entire sub-forum) celebrating the luxuriousness of his facial hair.

Where does this beard fit in the pantheon of all-time SUFC beards?

Could Blair's preceived goal-scoring woes be transformed by growing a proper beard?

What is your all-time best beards XI?

Are bearded players better than non-bearded players?

Broughton's beard never helped him... Although I suppose you could argue that Drewe is beyond help.

What Blair should aspire to

alexi_lalas.jpg

http://www.easterroad.com/beards-in-football/

The finest SUFC beard is the one Leeboy sported circa 2005. Paul Clark comes a close second.

You have Easton, Blair, Barker and Louie Soares all sporting hairy chins atm, what I want to know is why??? It really isn't attractive (from a female perspective anyway).

Paul Clark was our original beard sporting Viking with the no nonsense approach to defending. If half our players adopted his blood and guts style of football there would certainly be no lack of commitment. Probably a lot of red cards and a physio table full of crocked blues players, but hey, you cant fault effort!

Craig Easton looks like the Yorkshire Ripper at the moment but if he scores goals i don't care!

Ever since the Easton beard was fully formed, he has been in great form and is now a real goal threat. That beard sort of propels him into the penalty area. Keep the magic beard I say.
I would also like to start a name that beard competition.
I would like to call it the 'Easty Beasty'.

It's good to see a couple of our players becoming fully committed to the beard, there's no mucking about either. It's either Beard or clean shaven.
Ron must be supplying a few of the players with hair growth pills.

Maybe a chant regarding the beards?

Ever since the Easton beard was fully formed, he has been in great form and is now a real goal threat. That beard sort of propels him into the penalty area. Keep the magic beard I say.
I would also like to start a name that beard competition.
I would like to call it the 'Easty Beasty'.

I wanted to call him Shaggy but I understand Foran took that name whilst here so how about Beaston? A name that conjures thoughts of power and is still tinged with the observation that he looks like the yorkshire ripper.

With our skipper sporting a goalscoring beard that is verging on the epic, it's about time we had a thread (if not an entire sub-forum) celebrating the luxuriousness of his facial hair.

Where does this beard fit in the pantheon of all-time SUFC beards?

Could Blair's preceived goal-scoring woes be transformed by growing a proper beard?

What is your all-time best beards XI?

Are bearded players better than non-bearded players?

You did a Beard XI thread didn't you?

You have Easton, Blair, Barker and Louie Soares all sporting hairy chins atm, what I want to know is why??? It really isn't attractive (from a female perspective anyway).

Thought all you girls liked a thigh tickler? Seriously though, I grew a beard at my wifes request 20 years ago and I've still got it (And the beard)

Neil Jenkins had a beard for a while back in the day.

Just found on wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Jenkins_(footballer)

''Jenkins joined the Essex based team Southend United in July 2002[1] on a one year contract. He scored in his debut game against Hull City and by the 2002–03 season was one of the top scoring midfielders with seven goals. On of his best goals was against Lincoln City when he took a 25 yard free kick, although the game was lost 2–1.[2] After renewing his contract, he continued to play throughout the 2003–04 season and was released in May 2004 after scoring 67 goals in 61 appearances.''

Love that!

You haven't seen mine yet Kay. It's a beaut :winking:
Haven't seen you for ages! Brettie I'll let off, his is a different style of beard to the players mentioned and so much a part of who he is that I'd completely forgotten he'd got one!

Back