• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
I didn't mention in my review, but I for one have never witnessed all 3 sides standing up cheering, clapping and singing "Stand up - if you love Southend".  Well, if I have it was so long ago I've forgotten.

We can get this team up.  I saw a few players look at the crowd as we were in full voice and they seemed to be in awe.

I was criticised by some for saying last year that the crowd would get the club relegated.  But those same people will no doubt be quick to claim the credit if we do get promoted.  But this is exactly what I meant; as good as this type of support can be, and believe me the players will be even more proud than we are at the moment, the effect of a negative crowd is even more dramatic.

Tilly will get far more tolerance than anyone else but lets keep this up and we can not only consolidate in league one but we can finish well up it.

COME ON!

Agreed FBM - I only hope that when the going gets tough (and it will happen, maybe not this season but certainly next) the crowds we have been getting of late remember nights like tonight and still get behind the team.

I think the atmosphere will be three times as good in the MilStad next Sunday. Does anyone know tickets sold yet? must be 15k+ by now...

anyone!

When the second goal went in, it felt fantastic, the crowd went wild and grown men hugged each other!
laugh.gif

More of the same with our remaining 6 games please Mr.Tilson sir!

blues.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ April 02 2005,06:21)]we NEED yovil to slip up today then its just a case of us winning!
We don't need them to slip up, although it would be nice! Don't forget we still have to play them at The Hall.

If we win all our games we win the League.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ April 02 2005,07:36)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ April 02 2005,06:21)]we NEED yovil to slip up today then its just a case of us winning!
We don't need them to slip up, although it would be nice! Don't forget we still have to play them at The Hall.

If we win all our games we win the League.
Wouldn't it be fantastic if both of us entered that game already promoted ?

Yeovil really ARE one ex non-league team that deserve success.

[b said:
They really should beat Rushden, but the Diamonds seem to be a lot more solid of late. I can see that game ending in a draw.

Oh and yes, the crowd WAS fantastic. A real pleasure and privilege to be a Southend United fan last night.
smile.gif

"Say we are top of the league say we are top of the league!"

Really good atmosphere in my lounge last night as well.

The thing that got us both going was when the journo on Blues World stopped talking at the end of the match and you could hear the whole ground singing "we are top of the league" very, very loudly; we turned it up and had it reverberating around the villa, singing along with it ourselves! It sounded awesome ...

WS

biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ April 02 2005,00:16)]I didn't mention in my review, but I for one have never witnessed all 3 sides standing up cheering, clapping and singing "Stand up - if you love Southend".  Well, if I have it was so long ago I've forgotten.
We were all standing anyway apart form the East stand then.

biggrin.gif

Shame the North Bank didn't feel like joining in !

And to the miserable git in row I of the east blacks who all he could do was moan about the 'stand up celebrations' then sod off somewhere else.

tounge.gif

i thought the "stand-up if you love southend" was great, not very often you get all 3 sides standing up for it especially as we had no goals to go up for in the 2nd half.

Hey Arty - it looks even better if you expand the top half of the screen!
I have done so but don't know how to post it on here
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ April 02 2005,09:04)]Really good atmosphere in my lounge last night as well.

The thing that got us both going was when the journo on Blues World stopped talking at the end of the match and you could hear the whole ground singing "we are top of the league" very, very loudly; we turned it up and had it reverberating around the villa, singing along with it ourselves! It sounded awesome ...

WS

biggrin.gif
I love things like that Mike, did it sound good, its sends a tingle down your back doesnt it?

I was off my face last night couldnt really consentrate on the game or the atmosphere, but I can remeber standing up the south bank end of the West Bank in the second half, and no sh*t the whole stand was singing, and the constant chanting from the South was quite noisy, then all my pals in the East Stand blues got going and the whole of the East Stand started giving it some, and then at the end when they announced Tilly as manager of the Month the roar was the bolloxs, the players must feckin love playing for Southend , they are probably all getting there favourite fotballing memories, from there times at Southend what with the cup finals and the amazing run we are on at the mo, with probable promotion in some form or other at the end of the season

On that showing last night the only form of promotion we are looking at is CHAMPIONS!!!

We are THE TEAM to be feared and we fear no-one.

Cardiff next week and the clock has started to tick slower already. I have no doubt at all in my mind, we are going to do the double this year. Watch out for the hi-jacked ONTIME Temby romping down the M4, the Dark Side are going to party in Wales next Sunday.

Im still struggling to take all this in, remember the freezing cold nights, losing 3-0 to Kidderminster (or someone) about 2500 at the Hall. Now ...

Superb atmosphere last night, best this season at Roots Hall. I've never seen the 3 home stands standing up and singing, makes you proud to be a Shrimpers. The fans obviously knew how much the game meant and really got behind the team well.

Took ages to get out though
sad.gif

tounge.gif

Back