• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

overseas shrimper

Life President⭐
Don't get me wrong... I'm over the moon that we have another Mill Stad final coming up, and hope we lift the trophy this time.

However, now that we've stormed the top spot in the league at such a vital point in the season... and have 2 points of daylight between us and the nearest competition, in a way I'm kind regretting the fact that the afore mentioned cup final will interrupt our momentum and give other teams the opportunity to gain 3 points on us. This could add pressure to our lads and it also means we have a heavy fixture list at a crucial time of the season... when we'll be tired -- both physically and mentally.

I'm hoping we win the trophy... thus giving our players a lift that'll help them overcome the above.

Being a Shrimper... this is NOT a dilemma I ever imagined facing!

rock.gif

Am I alone in worrying about all this?

Nope. I think we'll win the trophy and continue this fantastic momentum ... it's "just another game" ...

WS

smile.gif

if we win the ldv final it would keep our unbeaten run going, if we were to loose it could dent our confidence and start a loosing run.

This is what annoys me about our so called 'fans'!
Not happy when we are at the foot of the table and complain when we are doing really well.
mad.gif

Sitting in the sun on your 'rock' of an island:angry: checking the teletext for results while the rest of us are getting soaked to the bone at Gay Meadow!

mad.gif

You lot make me sick.
Dont bother coming over for the game if your going to have that kind of attitude!

to**er!

mad.gif

tounge.gif

Our recent run of results in the LDV, last season included, has always helped our league form by breeding confidence in the team. I really truly believe we are heading to Cardiff to win the thing this year, which might sound like stating the bleeding obvious but last season I think fans and players alike went along for the occasion.

Confidence is already sky high and a major factor in our fantastic form, imagine how much more confident the lads would be having won a trophy?

with regards to being physically and mentally tired, if that is the case they are not doing a bad job at the moment!!
tounge.gif

losing one game can ofcourse affect the whole team's attitude but i think we have enough senior pro's to bounce straight back.

after all we are the best team in the league! we will win at some point...
biggrin.gif

made me laugh on the radio how some guy from rushden and diamonds was going on about them beating the top of the league side yesterday. i didn't think we played
unclesam.gif

just keep saying ...unbeaten in seventeen matches....
sounds good, doesn't it?!

I doubt there can be many bigger pessimists than me out there but I have not seen a Southend side look as confident or commanding as this since the great side of 80/81. And that is with a couple of current players (to my mind) not playing to the top of their form.

Relax! We will win the next six games and thus the LDV Trophy AND the title.

You heard it here first.

(Cue plummet down table?)
upside.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ April 03 2005,11:43)]Dont bother coming over for the game if your going to have that kind of attitude!
You're not getting rid of me that easily.

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 03 2005,10:06)]Am I alone in worrying about all this?
Nope, it would have been nice to keep the league momentum going and to also play Macc on a Saturday with 1,000 odd Shmrimpers there rather than mid-week with less than half that number.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ April 03 2005,11:53)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ April 03 2005,11:43)]Dont bother coming over for the game if your going to have that kind of attitude!
You're not getting rid of me that easily.

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
down.gif

Worth a try!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ April 03 2005,10:43)] The rest of us are getting soaked to the bone at Gay Meadow!
Ahh, memories!

BTW I've got a pic of you at that game
tounge.gif

Could you post the picture on here? I remember trying to carry my big flag when the game was over and it weighted a ton! Oh and I was very wet.  
laugh.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (southend_utd_fan @ April 03 2005,15:06)]Could you post the picture on here? I remember trying to carry my big flag when the game was over and it weighted a ton! Oh and I was very wet.
laugh.gif
I had to get a train and coach back to Cheltenham from Birmingham. Got on the train at Shrewbury and some dozy cow said to me "Is it raining outside then?" I was drenched as anything!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ April 03 2005,14:41)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ April 03 2005,10:43)] The rest of us are getting soaked to the bone at Gay Meadow!
Ahh, memories!

tounge.gif
I would rather not see it though, as I was up the previous night working!!!!!

upside.gif

Shrewsbury away

wow.gif

Bloody train got cancelled so I got there 15 mins in, got absolutley soaked and was still soaked leaving the Carling Academy in Birmingham after watching Soulwax in the evening at about 12 o'clock. And it was only a draw!

As for the cup, I don't reckon it will be an unwelcome distraction. I don't think there's a weight of expectatin for us to win at the MilStad so I reckon the players will probably enjoy the occasion. In the same position, I reckon I'd enjoy a cup final to break up teh remaining fixtures.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ April 03 2005,16:52)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (West Country Shrimper @ April 03 2005,14:41)]
[b said:
Ahh, memories!

tounge.gif
I would rather not see it though, as I was up the previous night working!!!!!

upside.gif
As you can imagine, it wasnt a very good one. You look very moody
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Might have something to do withe crap game I was watching!!!!!!

How things have changed since then ay?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ April 03 2005,10:43)]This is what annoys me about our so called 'fans'!
Not happy when we are at the foot of the table and complain when we are doing really well.  
mad.gif

Sitting in the sun on your 'rock' of an island:angry:  checking the teletext for results while the rest of us are getting soaked to the bone at Gay Meadow!

mad.gif

You lot make me sick.
Dont bother coming over for the game if your going to have that kind of attitude!

to**er!

mad.gif

tounge.gif
Why the
tounge.gif
? ? ?

That other part timer from Spain came over last year and look at the "luck" he brought with him.
laugh.gif

Back