• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The current state of Roots Hall

Before long attending games at Roots Hall will be worse than watching a game here:

I bet the toilets at abandoned Millmoor are still better than the West stand loos.
The pitch looked immaculate when I parked there in 2017.

I love RH and am absolutely heartbroken the way it has been left to rot over the years and there is only one person to blame here.
As Kay (OBL) has said the ladies toilets yesterday were shocking and the floor so at and slippery in fact they were so damp even the toilet paper was damp and that is already on top of the toilets not flushing.

The steps leading down to my seat in the West are crumbling and you have to be careful when walking along the front as it is so slippery.
There are now holes appearing in the roof which is a worry given the age of the roof

I sat in the East stand earlier in the week and that is not much better either.
It’s just a sign of total disrespect from the owner to leave it go like this. At least fix the bits that need doing like the loos

Anyone got Nick Knowles telephone number?

We could request he brings the DIY SOS team down to Roots Hall for a Big Build. :Winking:
I was thinking that last night 😂😂😂 well, starting a fundraiser to see what can be fixed.

Only a matter of time before further areas of the ground are closed for good unfortunately. It’s literally like a stadium in a 3rd world country and that’s being generous. Disgraceful it’s been left to rot like this.
💯

I have a confession. I have the plans for FF in a separate folder on my PC with the projected timescales. I think we can treat the timescales with a large pinch of salt. However I do revisit the plans from time to time. They are really fantastic. Perhaps that might cheer people up. Ok it might never happen but the wailing and gnashing of teeth doesn't help. I like to imagine the youngsters behind the goal in their safe standing area giving it full throttle creating an atmosphere to rival the old North bank. They will be making their own memories. We just need the bloody thing built.
And also us 40 / 50 /60 & 70 year olds.
We are of all ages in block W, giving it full throttle, well as much as we can, we are not as energetic as we once were.

Unfortunately, I have to agree - Roots Hall is nothing short of a dump, and I am becoming embarrassed that fans have to put up with such poor facilities and standards.

As an exile who has a season ticket, the idea of doing a 400 mile round trip to visit a ground which leaves you with soaked feet trying to get to the toilets and aching legs because your seat is broken and doesn’t pull down (have reported this several times) is becoming less and less desirable.

Before you even get into the ground something is broken or not working- turnstiles not working. Little things like this are important to get right -for example, a young kid who might be going to his or her first game wants to experience what Roots Hall can be like - they’ve bought a season card, shown all their mates - get to the game and don’t even get to scan it.

All this adds up, and fast. People soon start turning away from coming to Roots Hall, and will advise others not to bother from the get go.

We all know who is to blame for this.

Ron Martin, you are a disgrace and should be ashamed.
I think some have.... iv only attended couple away games this season and the last 1 was Barnet. Admittedly I prefer away days now due to the atmosphere in the stands being better experience compared to home games and I won't attend Roots Hall until Martin ****s off! The guy got no shame and will continue to take the **** until he reaches his so called pot of gold.

We had a burger on Boxing Day in the West. No issues with it at all, I do think it's down to where you get them from in the ground.

Incidentally, I have put all the issues raised so far which could be deemed to be perfectly reasonable to expect to be resolved over to Tom and Rhys, and copied Paul Fitz in. He'll press for answers as well.
Already acknowledged and being investigated.

The West Stand ladies loos roof went with the recent heavy rain, they are already trying to get this addressed before Solihull Moors game.

Boxing day was my first game in a while as Im an expat home for xmas and its just depressing seeing a place I basically grew up in become what it is. There was less bird **** than last time but the holes in the roof and wall next to the East blacks makes for a somber feeling. Also didnt know Ron was at the game until afterwards and that ****ed me right off

Incidentally, I have put all the issues raised so far which could be deemed to be perfectly reasonable to expect to be resolved over to Tom and Rhys, and copied Paul Fitz in. He'll press for answers as well.
Well done you Tom is aware of the ladies toilets in the east stand no hand dryer so they have to use toilet rolls and then that runs so good luck and happy new year 🥳

Sad to say, but I don’t think the old girl is too long for this world. The East Stand must be under pressure to get a safety certificate. I can see that stand being closed first which will be a shame for the 1000(?) or so STH who will be faced with the prospect of relocating to the South or West.
And as ramshackle as the place is, I still plan on taking my ST seat as a souvenir, once the ground eventually shuts for the final time.

Sad to say, but I don’t think the old girl is too long for this world. The East Stand must be under pressure to get a safety certificate. I can see that stand being closed first which will be a shame for the 1000(?) or so STH who will be faced with the prospect of relocating to the South or West.
And as ramshackle as the place is, I still plan on taking my ST seat as a souvenir, once the ground eventually shuts for the final time.
Agreed.

Ron's masterplan is to have us in at FF for the season after next (24/25 season) which I think the way things are going is stretching it massively. 25/26 season perhaps more realistic?

You have to wonder how the old girl is going to pass safety inspections for at least the next two seasons, without sections or even whole stands being condemned. It will be very sad to see out our final days at the Hall with only a couple of stands operational, but you can see it happening unfortunately.

To be honest, I am surprised it's even fit for purpose this season. How some of the areas have passed inspection I don't know.

Agreed.

Ron's masterplan is to have us in at FF for the season after next (24/25 season) which I think the way things are going is stretching it massively. 25/26 season perhaps more realistic?

You have to wonder how the old girl is going to pass safety inspections for at least the next two seasons, without sections or even whole stands being condemned. It will be very sad to see out our final days at the Hall with only a couple of stands operational, but you can see it happening unfortunately.

To be honest, I am surprised it's even fit for purpose this season. How some of the areas have passed inspection I don't know.
Does anyone know what the required standard is for grounds in this league as ours whilst old does provide more facilities than a lot of others.

I would expect a reduction in capacity once work starts at FF as it would make sense for anything to be invested in roots hall

Back