• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The current state of Roots Hall

It's between us, Oldham and Scunny.

Scunny somehow are a bigger basket case, their owner is being chased by bookies for £1.8m and whilst he announced a takeover it hasn't actually happened yet and talks have broken down with 2 bids being rejected. They also look like odds on favourites to be relegated this season.

Somehow he makes Ron look like he actually cares
Mate of mine is a Scunny fan (secretary of their London supporters club, no less) and is in pieces over this. Players not paid so could lose the little talent for nothing if they invoke termination of their contracts. Dark times...

Does anyone know what the required standard is for grounds in this league as ours whilst old does provide more facilities than a lot of others.

I would expect a reduction in capacity once work starts at FF as it would make sense for anything to be invested in roots hall
Capacity is already reduced. I think the away fans are restricted to 800 (Not that anyone brings that many anyway!)
So our current capacity is probably about 9,000.

I kind of assumed that the inspections took place out of season and it would be the high priority rectifications that will need to be carried out but I genuinely couldn't give a reason not to do it during the season.

Hopefully the defects aren't too bad although I suspect the stadium is approaching the point where a full rewire may be in order
Isn't Phil Brown a qualified spark? Maybe get him to quote for the job, or failing that he could do it out the kindness of his heart 🤣

Isn't Phil Brown a qualified spark? Maybe get him to quote for the job, or failing that he could do it out the kindness of his heart 🤣
He already did some when he was here!
Block e entrance next to burger bar
Is that right up the far end of the East Stand where you go into the South? I think he's probably misunderstood you and thought you were talking about the toilets next to the burger bar at the tunnel entrance into the East Greens.

Years of neglect by a totally incompetent owner unfortunately and does make you wonder how long Roots Hall can be used without some work being done
Purposeful neglect. This is what I can’t figure out about some fans. The stadium is a mess this is what Martin thinks of you all. But still some don’t see it

I cannot see the new stadium being built for at least 3 seasons. So unless RM decides to spend a few pennies on our existing ground to at least bring it up to a semblance of hygiene and basic facilities we are all in for a real treat.
Good point.

Purposeful neglect. This is what I can’t figure out about some fans. The stadium is a mess this is what Martin thinks of you all. But still some don’t see it
Just about everyone sees it, and just about every one would like to do something about it. But having the ability to change something is not always easy. So what would you suggest the ones that 'don't see it' should do exactly?

I expect next season will be the last time we be at Root Hall. The club had an straight choice, pay thousands to tidy Root Hall up or to pay staffs wages, if they pay to clean up Root Hall, instead of paying staffs wages, they get sticks from all of us. If they pay staffs wages instead of Root Hall, they get stick from all of us, we cannot win at all.
To think that Martin has reduced reduced us to this. 🤬🤦🏻‍♂️

The state of the club. I am almost embarrased to be a Blues fan at the moment. Shameful. F*** you Ron. You c***
Well said…. If maybe a little more forceful than I would have phrased it !!😂😂
The same message applies to all the Ron apologists too. Some of the ridiculous “in Ron we trust” comments on the zone makes me think they are on the payroll. Stooges and plants.

Is it not the Landlords responsibility to maintain a rented or leased property in good habitable and legal condition, ensuring it meets all statutory requirements for Health and Safety?

I am sure Ron Martin being an experienced property developer would know this. :Hilarious:

Is it not the Landlords responsibility to maintain a rented or leased property in good habitable and legal condition, ensuring it meets all statutory requirements for Health and Safety?

I am sure Ron Martin being an experienced property developer would know this. :Hilarious:
Not normally for commercial leases. Normally tenants responsibility to maintain and return property in good condition at the end of the lease

so when the safety certificate is refused and Roots Hall is closed
will Ron Martin be

a/ sad - in tears at the demise of a classic football ground

b/ delighted - get the bulldozers - lets get started - and "no worries SUFC can go to Billericay/Daggers/Col U/ Gills - loads of other clubs have had to ground share"

BYW - I am

not saying he is deliberately running down the club ...

not saying he wanted relegation from Lge 1 (good player sales/wages down)

not saying he wanted relegation from Lge 2 (why not hire a very obedient joker from Nat lge south)

not saying everything is working out ion his favour and if he can take a few million for the shell of the club he has ripped apart so he can get on with his development he will (please!!)

FF should never ever been allowed ... its precious green

Back