• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The current state of Roots Hall

How many bridging loans have the club had borrowed against the security of selling RH and building FF.
Once they’ve all been paid back will there even be enough cash to build a stadium

How many bridging loans have the club had borrowed against the security of selling RH and building FF.
Once they’ve all been paid back will there even be enough cash to build a stadium
Development funding is strictly controlled by lenders to ensure the money they are lending is being used for the purpose they have lent it. Monitoring surveyors will normally be used to make sure that the development is on budget for the stage it is at, and subsequent tranches of cash will only be released when the lender is satisfied that these conditions have been met.
In other words Ron can’t use development monies for anything other than the development.

I don't think the club has borrowed anything against the security of RH and FF. The club doesn't, and hasn't for a long while, owned RH and FF so wouldn't be able to offer security on those assets

Before I post anything on this thread I want to make sure that I understand the rules.

I must have a firm opinion to start with- having an open mind is a sign of weakness.
My opinion does not need to be based on any facts
If someone politely explains why my opinion is wrong (based on facts in the public domain ) then I must ignore them
If someone explains how these facts work in practice I must again ignore them if they don’t agree with my view.
If I am shown to be wrong I must go off at a tangent rather than explain my reasoning.
If I understand why Ron will not sell and believe that the stadium will be built ( opinion based partly on facts in the public domain, partially on gut feel, partially common sense) then I am automatically a Ron lover.
I must then repeat all of the above on several other threads.

Have I got the rules right or have I missed something?

Yesterday in the west stand bar.

Get to the front to be served. Nothing on tap at all. Presumably the bill hasn't been paid. Bottles had run out and the bar was closed.

I heard that the ceiling collapsed in the South West bar (unsubstantiated)

My season card seat now has the concrete crumbling round my feet. I highly doubt it will ever be fixed.

There is no chance at present of roots hall making it until fossetts is built. I can't see it getting condemned in the near future.IMG_20230128_165116.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Ticket scanner/turnstile ting wasn’t working in the East. A couple of stewards were doing a cursory check of the tickets.

Get to the front to be served. Nothing on tap at all. Presumably the bill hasn't been paid. Bottles had run out and the bar was closed.
Draught and bottled drinks were fine before kick off. They took orders and were serving at half time, too.

The guy checking our tickets in the West entrance said they haven’t paid the bill.

Draught and bottled drinks were fine before kick off. They took orders and were serving at half time, too.
They might have pre poured but it had run out by the time the doors where opened at half time. It takes an age to get a beer in there anyway. When it's bottles it takes an eternity

My season card seat now has the concrete crumbling round my feet. I highly doubt it will ever be fixed.

There is no chance at present of roots hall making it until fossetts is built. I can't see it getting condemned in the near future.View attachment 24505
Most grounds say no bottle lids on drinks, ours gives us throwable concrete slabs

There is no chance at present of roots hall making it until fossetts is built. I can't see it getting condemned in the near future.View attachment 24505
Yeah. It’s a never ending mess. Even if hmrc are paid there’s a myriad of other issues to overcome like if rh can last.

Makes you wonder what the 200k every year goes on to get the stadium operational.

A little off topic but can't be the pitch soaking up much money. I thought Wrexham had a £ 1\2m pitch upgrade but it also looked terrible on the tv yestetday.
With the regukar Fox holes in the pitch and the reported smell of Fox poo it sounds like the next residents of roots hall are taking occupancy early

So if the place is condemned, does that have any implications on the covenant?

Where does ground sharing fit into that?

If we get this bridging loan some of it has to be spent on the hall, a small team of general builders could fix quite a few of these problems.

Seems only a matter of time before someone gets hurt and the club has a lawsuit on its hands. Which makes you think, if you really hurt yourself there would you sue your own club, knowing its perilous financial positon?

Mate of mine is a Scunny fan (secretary of their London supporters club, no less) and is in pieces over this. Players not paid so could lose the little talent for nothing if they invoke termination of their contracts. Dark times...
Scunny now taken over by new owner, hopefully better times lay ahead for their long suffering fanbase.

So if the place is condemned, does that have any implications on the covenant?

Where does ground sharing fit into that?

If we get this bridging loan some of it has to be spent on the hall, a small team of general builders could fix quite a few of these problems.

Seems only a matter of time before someone gets hurt and the club has a lawsuit on its hands. Which makes you think, if you really hurt yourself there would you sue your own club, knowing its perilous financial positon?
I doubt it would be worth suing the club, anyway. It's skint !

Back