• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pubey

We've played 17 games. Atkinson has featured in 15. In the two he missed, he was injured. So Brown rates him.

Our total record for 17 games is:
W = 6 (35%)
D = 4 (24%)
L = 7 (41%)

Will Atkinson has started 8 games:
W = 0
D = 3
L = 5

Will Atkinson has been subbed off in 3 of those 8 games:
2 games we were losing when he was subbed, and ended up losing (Walsall and Luton)
1 game we were drawing when he was subbed, and ended up drawing (Bury)

Will Atkinson has come off the bench in 7 games:
W = 5
D = 1
L = 1

5 times we were winning when he came on, and ended up winning (Accrington, Portsmouth, Cheltenham, York, Shrewsbury)
1 time we were drawing when he came on, and ended up drawing (Carlisle)
1 time were losing when he came on, and ended up losing (Morecambe)

****Note that there could be an error lurking in the data****

LESSONS:
- Is Atkinson a defensive master who can help us see out winning positions?
- Is Atkinson cursed when he starts a game for us?
- The subbing (on or off) of Atkinson so far has never changed a result
- Does Pubey have too much time on his hands?

We've played 17 games. Atkinson has featured in 15. In the two he missed, he was injured. So Brown rates him.

W = 6 (35%)
D = 4 (24%)
L = 7 (41%)

W = 0
D = 3
L = 5

2 games we were losing when he was subbed, and ended up losing (Walsall and Luton)

W = 5
D = 1
L = 1

5 times we were winning when he came on, and ended up winning (Accrington, Portsmouth, Cheltenham, York, Shrewsbury)
1 time were losing when he came on, and ended up drawing (Morecambe)

LESSONS:
- Does Pubey have too much time on his hands?[/QUOTE]

Clearly !!!!
But what a font of knowledge.....Mick (ref reports) beware !!

Interesting stuff Pubes, but I hear the common cold might need curing....:whistling:

W = 6 (35%)
D = 4 (24%)
L = 7 (41%)

W = 0
D = 3
L = 5

W = 5
D = 1
L = 1

1 time were losing when he came on, and ended up drawing (Morecambe)

LESSONS:
- Does Pubey have too much time on his hands?[/QUOTE]

Clearly !!!!
But what a font of knowledge.....Mick (ref reports) beware !!

We lost against Morecambe.

The other viewpoint may be that..
Starting with Atkinson we have never won.
Bringing him on as a sub has never changed the game

Why are bothering with him ;)

Its easy to use statistics to make someone look bad ( Gary Hooper just 2 goals in 32 Southend games )
or good ( Rio Alderton had a 100% winning record when playing for Southend *)

Listen to any politician speaking , they're full of useless stats -- but at the end of the day its all codswallop.

I'd have Will Atkinson in my team every week - the energy, touch & drive that he has are top notch + if he is allowed to play his more natural position ( wide midfielder ) the team would be so much better .

(* the Rio stat was false,probably like the Will stats)

The other viewpoint may be that..
Starting with Atkinson we have never won.
Bringing him on as a sub has never changed the game

Why are bothering with him ;)

Bringing him on as a sub when winning is a good way (statistically) to ensure that win, something we have had problems with.

Atkinson is basically a squad player. Someone you use to fill in gaps, rather than build around.

Nothing wrong with that, we had a very similar player when we last got promoted from this division in Carl Pettefer who played every match.

This proves what myself, my Dad, and most people I know have been saying for over a year.

Will Atkinson offers nothing.

When he starts we don't win. When he comes off the bench, he changes nothing.

Very average player. No idea what it is the PB likes about him. Probably his awful scoring record for a midfielder.

Atkinson is basically a squad player. Someone you use to fill in gaps, rather than build around.

Nothing wrong with that, we had a very similar player when we last got promoted from this division in Carl Pettefer who played every match.

Behave yourself.

Likening Petts to Atkinson is an insult to CP!

Petts was hardly a squad player, as he started all 49 games we played in the League 2 promotion season

This proves what myself, my Dad, and most people I know have been saying for over a year.

Will Atkinson offers nothing.

When he starts we don't win. When he comes off the bench, he changes nothing.

Very average player. No idea what it is the PB likes about him. Probably his awful scoring record for a midfielder.

You forget last season away to Portsmouth, when at 1-0 down he scored to make it 1-1 then Corr scored to seal a 2-1 win. Atko started and finished the game

He scored in the FA cup win against Millwall and played 90 mins

He scored in our 3-0 home win against Oxford and played 90 mins

3 goals last season, the same as Timlin

if he is allowed to play his more natural position ( wide midfielder ) the team would be so much better .

This is an interesting point. He played almost every game for promoted Bradford in this position but Brown has hardly ever played him there.

Cripes! What! Surely there are other factors that influence a game rather than just whether Atko is on or off the pitch? I thought it (footie) was a team game ...... now if it was an analysis of a snooker player that would be different ....... :tease:

Ooops, forgot to add:

Our record for the 9 games WA hasn't started:
W - 6
D - 1
L - 2

Yep, but if you look back at the video of that season the busy/infectious Pettefer was instrumental in all things good, when giving ratings I call Atkinson 'DNH' (Didn't Notice Him).

Yep, but if you look back at the video of that season the busy/infectious Pettefer was instrumental in all things good, when giving ratings I call Atkinson 'DNH' (Didn't Notice Him).

I was like that a little last season - is Atko on the pitch, I asked myself ... but I specifically watched him for a couple of games and whilst he did not 'do much', he was instrumental in shutting down the opposition and supporting the full back - and covered a lot of ground.

I go back to my point that footie is a team game and it is about getting the mix right. :thumbsup:

Back