• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Dears

KrustyTheKray

President
Excellent band!

Bought this album ages ago after hearing one track on a NME cover disc! Its so good!!!

Their a cross between Morrissey and Blur (Damon Albarn Especially). Stand out track on the album is Lost In The Plot!

I can highly recommend it to all SZoners!

GO GET IT!

I used to religiously buy anything the NME told me to until i turned 20 then realised there was better stuff out there. Did hear one of there songs at The Brush recently though and i thought it was alright so i might try them out.
If you do wanna get your hands on a good record, get the new Ben Folds album, Songs For Silverman, the best album in years buy probably the best artist ever...! (IMO)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimper James @ May 12 2005,09:04)]get the new Ben Folds album, Songs For Silverman, the best album in years buy probably the best artist ever...! (IMO)
Hence the avatar eh SJ.

I bought Weezers new cd yesterday and it rocks, but listening mainly to old school stuff like Nick Drake, Jeff Buckley and My Bloody Valentine (oh yes, its riot at my house at the moment).

The Engineers new cd is top dollar though.

Waiting for Subway and Hard-Fi albums really. Oh, and Ordinary Boys seeing as they've got their new single on MTV2 at the moment, i suspect the album is around the corner ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (A loyal supporter @ May 12 2005,11:41)]Hence the avatar eh SJ.
Yep! Hence the Avatar!
Talking of MBV, i had Loveless on last night, quality.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 12 2005,11:52)]Oh, and Ordinary Boys seeing as they've got their new single on MTV2 at the moment, i suspect the album is around the corner ...
second album already?

rock.gif

the first is a corker though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 12 2005,11:58)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 12 2005,11:52)]Oh, and Ordinary Boys seeing as they've got their new single on MTV2 at the moment, i suspect the album is around the corner ...
second album already?

rock.gif

I've not got into The Ordinary Boys.

They seem desperate to re-enact the 1996 era of 'Lock Stock' and Billy Ocean Colour Scene. All sheep skinned up driving old cortinas.

Its all a bit of a cliche for my liking!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (A loyal supporter @ May 13 2005,08:52)]I've not got into The Ordinary Boys.

They seem desperate to re-enact the 1996 era of 'Lock Stock' and Billy Ocean Colour Scene. All sheep skinned up driving old cortinas.

I tend to agree with you here. I saw them at Reading a couple of years back when they were just taking off and didn't think they were anything special. Still don't to be honest. But, each to their own.

Have to say I agree with you, Tony, the No Cities Left is a superb album.

Bit hacked off though that they've bought out a special edition version of it now though, would have thought that the label run by one of the Cocteau Twins, a band who really knew how to create a mystique, would be quite so commercial.

Loveless is an absolute classic, just copied it to my Xbox, there's nothing quite like flying over the river Seine in Midtown Madness 3 with To Here Knows When playing...

[b said:
[b said:
second album already?

rock.gif

Did you see them at Chinnery's the other week ?

Sold out by the time I got wind of it

[b said:
[b said:
second album already?

rock.gif

From the ordinary boys website

The new album "Brassbound" is confirmed for release on June 20th. The tracklisting and correct running order is as follows, Brassbound, Boys Will Be Boys, Life Will Be The Death Of Me, Thanks To The Girl, On An Island, One Step Forward, Skull & Bones, Don't Live Too Fast, A Call To Arms, A Few Home Truths, Rudi's In Love, Red Letter Day. The Japanese version of the album will feature the bonus tracks Look What You Did plus one more song to be confirmed. Initial copies of the album will come with a free dvd which will feature footage from the forthcoming Bank Holiday Binge shows in Blackpool, Southend and Bournemouth.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (A loyal supporter @ May 13 2005,08:52)]
[b said:
[b said:
second album already?

rock.gif

its still a better cliche than Keane/Coldplay turgid rubbish!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 13 2005,14:01)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
second album already?

rock.gif

Well I must admit that Over the counter culture was the first CD I have bought by a "new" band since I picked up a couple of Living End releases about 2 years ago and before that.....
Gawd knows....

On the back of it I have been trying out some of the others , Killers , Libertines, etc, but at the moment my son listens to more of my CD's than I do of his...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 13 2005,14:01)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
second album already?

rock.gif

Very true, both of those bands are crimes against humanity!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 13 2005,13:45)]
[b said:
[b said:
second album already?

rock.gif

Did you see them at Chinnery's the other week ?

same here alas!!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 13 2005,14:27)]Did you see them at Chinnery's the other week ?

same here alas!!![/QUOTE]
There will a limited run of DVD's showing clips will the CD according to the web site

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 13 2005,14:33)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ May 13 2005,14:27)]Did you see them at Chinnery's the other week ?

same here alas!!!
There will a limited run of DVD's showing clips will the CD according to the web site[/QUOTE]
That didn't make sense.
tounge.gif

So thats out on the 20th June (will have to get the copy with DVD bit) along with the Subways and Hard-Fi which ( i think ) are also out next month.

Happy days.

smile.gif

... and i also missed it!!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ May 13 2005,15:28)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Firestorm @ May 13 2005,14:33)]
[b said:

same here alas!!!
There will a limited run of DVD's showing clips will the CD according to the web site
That didn't make sense.  
tounge.gif

So thats out on the 20th June (will have to get the copy with DVD bit) along with the Subways and Hard-Fi which ( i think ) are also out next month.

Happy days.

smile.gif

... and i also missed it!![/QUOTE]
I think I will see if I can pre order on Amazon (using the link through the Trust site) and ensure I get the DVD with it

Got a DVD with an Alarm CD of a london Gig, They did two nights, I was at the one the day after the DVD.

I was at the recording of Dr Feelgoods live LP in 1979 (Crocs in Rayleigh) and one of the tracks on a Status quo live EP in 75/6 was recorded at the Kursaal and I was in attendance.

sad.gif

Back