• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

the deeply misunderstood Nicky Bailey

Rayleigh boy

Director⭐
I have a different view of the events over all the upsets -

First of all Steve Tilson and SUFC made Baileys career - he owes everything to Southend and loves this club - "I have still got a lot of friends there."

He is clearly still completely gutted that we let him go - "I was transfer listed" said a broken hearted Bailey.... ......

"Tilson never wanted me" - wept Bailey an emotionl wreck after finding out he had to move on .....

and afterall the bad words from the fans you see how much Bailey hurt ... .....yeah really he was shying away from the West stand -

and then it all goes wrong - some-one shouts "GO DOWN NICKY" and he does ....cos he does what hes told -

not really joking 100% - I think the "situation" with Southend really does hurt him and he has certainly made a mug of himself -

and hes trying to insult Tilson with "contract offer on a bit of paper" when all he ever dreamt of was Steve inviting him around for a cup of tea (or even out to a sit down restaurant with waiters) and telling him he was God s gift and he could stay at the best club in the world and be king of Roots Hall .....

funny how things turn out .... still hes a good footballer and did a good job for us ..

and if he didn't care he wouldn't be winding it up - would he -

The whole "transfer listing" was nonsense that he employed to engineer a move away for himself. Similar to how Peter Clarke found himself on the transfer list, if it's remotely true it was more likely to be because he refused to sign a new contract...

Funny how he's turned on Tilly when I'm sure I remember him boasting how he'd named his new born daughter Tilly after him, a few months after he began here.

Back