• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Dirty Dutch

SUBBlue

Manager
Seeing Bert van Marwijk criticism of Howard Webbs performance this morning makes me laugh.

In the circumstances Webb was quite restrained in only sending 1 player off.

The Dutch clearly set out with a kick anything that moves mentality.

De Jongs karate kick on Alonso was bordering on violent conduct - Webb gave him the benefit of the doubt on whether it was deliberate or not.

Van Bommel should also have been yellow carded at least twice before finally going into the book - lucky to stay on the pitch.

Van Markijk claims his side set out to play 'beautiful football' - there was no evidence of this with the cynical style they adopted.

Hope FIFA analyse this performance & decide to take further action against them- this was a poor end to a World Cup.

Nice to at least one Englishman performed with some pride! - Job well done Howard.
COngrats to Spain also, nice to see the right side winning!

Last edited:
They can't complain, they had their chances to score and didn't take them. Van Bommel's challenge on Iniesta could have been a red card, he went flying in and got nowhere near the ball.

Dutch fans on twitter seem to be blaming Howard Webb too. After scratching my head on this for a while it finally dawned on me why, if Webb hadn't been so lenient in the first half then the Netherlands would have had so many players sent off that the game would have been abandoned!

Also, Spain having a set of red 'home' shirts to change into at the end was a good idea, having the world cup winner star already on it was a tad cocky though!

Dutch fans on twitter seem to be blaming Howard Webb too. After scratching my head on this for a while it finally dawned on me why, if Webb hadn't been so lenient in the first half then the Netherlands would have had so many players sent off that the game would have been abandoned!

Also, Spain having a set of red 'home' shirts to change into at the end was a good idea, having the world cup winner star already on it was a tad cocky though!

I imagine there were Dutch ones ready as well....now to be found cleaning the clogs of that mouse, where? there on the stair, where on the stair? right there, a little mouse with clogs on, well I declare.....and all that.

Spot on, Webb did his damndest to keep it 11 vs 11 for the whole of the match despite some of the disgusting tackles etc taking place.

If he'd applied the letter of the law in all cases the game could well have been abandoned - instead he recognised the game for what it was & applied a large degree of common sense to proceedings - which to be fair isn't something I often say about referees!

Back