• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I doubt there is room for the domes to sit alongside or even be attached to the new stadium.
Now the club have said they need planning permission from Southend council, they may try and site them on part of Jones Memorial ground. Not the part next to the road but the bit over the back behind the fire station. There used to be a couple of rugby pitches there, Southend do sometimes use this area for training youth development teams.

Not sure how this would sit with the ideal that R.A.Jones donated this land for the use of local children. Someone else mentioned the possibility of it being on Jones originally I thought this was not possible, but now I can't see where else in Southend they could be placed.

So thinking out loud here on Scott dome/West stand theory. One side of the dome would be open with a stand taking the place of the dome side???? Even coming into the dome thus roofing the stand too??
Interesting idea I wonder what Sherif thinks seeing as he works in stadium construction?

I mean it could be the cheap option as think of the price you would save with the steel being second hand? Maybe this dome was solving the west stand and new level for the academy in one hit??? Maybe

I can't be parsed to find it, but Ron's last comments stated we could self fund a 4 sided stadium. Everyone dismissed it as rubbish but this statement seems to back it up. Regardless of whether the west stand plans have changed I assumed that we would need to apply again as our permission is for three sided stadium followed by a fourth side which Is not the same thing IMO.

Had a leisurely look through the design and access statement yesterday, which for those not fluent in the jargon of planning is the brief put together by the architects or planners, in this case Populous.

The training facilities are indeed proposed north of Fossetts Way (mysteriously referred to as Clements Way throughout the document), which I understand is indeed in Rochford District. So therefore it would seem that if the Dome is being lumped in with a West Stand application, it will have moved location. As a result, this could be quite a complex change, although I can't imagine the Dome being tacked on to the West Stand - this will surely have an effect on access or capacity for hospitality?

Link working lovely dovely now ........ interesting stuff.

And is it me - am I reading too much into Phil Brown's words but there seems to be a suggestion that had Southend known that Tyrone Barnett would "only" cost £100,000 then we (S.U.F.C.) would have been interested.

That in itself is interesting, isn't it?

Reminds me a bit of a possible scenario from last weekend in Toulouse. A couple pass my stand and see a piece of furniture at 300 euros. They ask, "you couldn't possibly do it at 100 euros?" When I say yes, they say "Oh! we'll think about it".....................and that's the last you see of them.

Had a leisurely look through the design and access statement yesterday, which for those not fluent in the jargon of planning is the brief put together by the architects or planners, in this case Populous.

The training facilities are indeed proposed north of Fossetts Way (mysteriously referred to as Clements Way throughout the document), which I understand is indeed in Rochford District. So therefore it would seem that if the Dome is being lumped in with a West Stand application, it will have moved location. As a result, this could be quite a complex change, although I can't imagine the Dome being tacked on to the West Stand - this will surely have an effect on access or capacity for hospitality?

The West stand was meant to have all of the main facilities, plus the hotel. Whatever is done it still needs to be a substantial building to host all of the stuff our current stand does, and more no doubt. What it may be is just removing the need for a hotel in there.

I think I speak for everyone when I say that as long as the new stadium is still in the shape of a shrimp then I'll be happy.

This is all good news , or at least not bad news . However every statement so far has inaccurate time frames. However, I hope this doesn't go the same way as the stadium time wise , especially with Ron originally stating .It will go hand-in-hand with the stadium plans."
i.e We were originally told it would be with us in 48 hours - it wasn't (full details in dome watch thread)
We were originally told we would be applying for Cat two at the end of this season which I said at the time seemed ridiculously optimistic especially as we did not have planning permission (lots on here said we didn't need it- so at lease that now can be put to bed). The statement does says we will apply for Cat 2 at the earliest opportunity (which makes complete sense to me) . Now admittedly that could still theoretically be the end of the season, but who would put money on that . At least the latest statement makes more sense and is open ended

http://www.echo-news.co.uk/sport/bl...n_to_buy_London_Soccerdome_for_the_Shrimpers/

http://www.shrimperzone.com/vb/show...ts-and-Laces/page12&highlight=dome+permission

I think I speak for everyone when I say that as long as the new stadium is still in the shape of a shrimp then I'll be happy.

Absolutely. My understanding from an insider is that the Dome will now be remodelled to resemble a Creel to keep the theme consistent.

They advise whether any update is due regarding the stadium? Does sound like stuff is happening, would be nice to know what Plan B is....

They advise whether any update is due regarding the stadium? Does sound like stuff is happening, would be nice to know what Plan B is....

Maybe this is the plan B for if Sainsburys did pull out ...

Indeed, whatever is happening is the alternative because Im sure by now Sainsbury are out of the picture.

Back