• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Cricko

Zone Owner⭐⭐
Staff member
The Dream is over I am afraid. We are now heading back to the bottom basement of the FL and there is blame to dish out.Having supported this club for over 40 years we are back where maybe some will say we belong but I feel we do not. This time around it was different we were led to believe. Nobody had more faith in RM than me but unless he is Peter Pan we are doomed.

I cannot for the life of me see how we can progress in league 2 after the playing side has been ripped to bits these past few years on the basis all will be OK when we get a new ground.Everything has been targeted on that with little thought to the day to day running of SUFC and paying players and supporting the manager and staff for one.I am sure they do there best under the circumstances as does Tilly, but let us be honest here we have been shafted with a pipe dream that in all reality may never happen now.

For sure we have never made a profit for years and we have paid out big money for players that Tilly maybe asked for but could never get them to fit in.It alarms me when I see Paynter and Hooper doing so well elsewhere. I guess I always thought Tilly had no idea about strikers and just got lucky with Eastwood and Barnard.

RM for all his positive ideas and dreams has never had the monies to fulfil this dream...I know the recession has not helped but the recent news that all is not well with properties he has to purchase to satisfy Sainsbury's does not help.I know for a fact he is not anywhere near to resolving the purchase of the shops/flats and has had derisory offers turned down.

I cannot blame him for spinning everybody a few lines to keep the peace..that is business..Has he lied to me personally ..yes on several occasions and he can quite freely take me to court on that as I have the emails.We now have the small problem with HMRC in a week or so when we need to find 400k to satisfy them.Our players are still not being paid, he does owe several others monies whatever he says. I like the man for his dream , nobody can doubt his effort for his long term plan, sometimes there are hurdles in life you just cannot jump and maybe if his ego was not so big he would ask for assistance from outside where there is obviously other SUFC supporters that are wiling to help..The Trust have done there best with the loan...you maybe can dispute their morals over it but their heart is in our CLUB.

Nothing is ever crystal clear and maybe one of Ron's faults was trying to be to supporters when he did not know the future but tried to pacify most of us..I for one as I have said brought into this dream ..nothing would make me happier than to see us in a new ground with some basic future secured...The fans all through this have been fantastic..we have a great supporters base and all deserve SUFC to succeed.

The momentum we had a few years back on an upward spiral has been shot to flames over a dream of a future unknown..This makes me sad and I can only hope that their is some rabbit hidden in some hat somewhere that will prove me wrong.We need a miracle.

SUFC always in my heart.

John.

In fairness to Tilson, it was the majority of our fans who drove Paynter out of the club. Tilson always believed in his quality, but there's only so much you can do when your new signing is being called The Bad Word every time he runs on the pitch. As for Hooper, that's just one of those things. He was given enough chances, but he always looked ordinary for us.

But yes, it sounds like you're pretty accurate with evrything else.

Welcome back, by the way!

said exactly what i think. we have a oridinary team after ron has taken every bit of quality out of it to pay his debt. people still believe his word. but to be frank more fall you.

the stadium that was meant to be our future has ruined us. the word to describe the whole thing is 'greed' rm is a greedy man who has shafted us,

the thing that baffles me is there are still a lot of people who don't agree. its quite laughable actually that people can be fooled so easy by a few words.

but heh football fans are fickle.

The Dream is over I am afraid. We are now heading back to the bottom basement of the FL and there is blame to dish out.Having supported this club for over 40 years we are back where maybe some will say we belong but I feel we do not. This time around it was different we were led to believe. Nobody had more faith in RM than me but unless he is Peter Pan we are doomed.

I cannot for the life of me see how we can progress in league 2 after the playing side has been ripped to bits these past few years on the basis all will be OK when we get a new ground.Everything has been targeted on that with little thought to the day to day running of SUFC and paying players and supporting the manager and staff for one.I am sure they do there best under the circumstances as does Tilly, but let us be honest here we have been shafted with a pipe dream that in all reality may never happen now.

For sure we have never made a profit for years and we have paid out big money for players that Tilly maybe asked for but could never get them to fit in.It alarms me when I see Paynter and Hooper doing so well elsewhere. I guess I always thought Tilly had no idea about strikers and just got lucky with Eastwood and Barnard.

RM for all his positive ideas and dreams has never had the monies to fulfil this dream...I know the recession has not helped but the recent news that all is not well with properties he has to purchase to satisfy Sainsbury's does not help.I know for a fact he is not anywhere near to resolving the purchase of the shops/flats and has had derisory offers turned down.

I cannot blame him for spinning everybody a few lines to keep the peace..that is business..Has he lied to me personally ..yes on several occasions and he can quite freely take me to court on that as I have the emails.We now have the small problem with HMRC in a week or so when we need to find 400k to satisfy them.Our players are still not being paid, he does owe several others monies whatever he says. I like the man for his dream , nobody can doubt his effort for his long term plan, sometimes there are hurdles in life you just cannot jump and maybe if his ego was not so big he would ask for assistance from outside where there is obviously other SUFC supporters that are wiling to help..The Trust have done there best with the loan...you maybe can dispute their morals over it but their heart is in our CLUB.

Nothing is ever crystal clear and maybe one of Ron's faults was trying to be to supporters when he did not know the future but tried to pacify most of us..I for one as I have said brought into this dream ..nothing would make me happier than to see us in a new ground with some basic future secured...The fans all through this have been fantastic..we have a great supporters base and all deserve SUFC to succeed.

The momentum we had a few years back on an upward spiral has been shot to flames over a dream of a future unknown..This makes me sad and I can only hope that their is some rabbit hidden in some hat somewhere that will prove me wrong.We need a miracle.

SUFC always in my heart.

John.

Fantastic post, straight from the head and heart.
The Chairman has to take the blame in this case over the decimation of the squad and the mess we are in. He played the joker last time with the tax man, lets see how he gets out of this one, or is it more empty words and promises.

He's also living in cuckoo land with his Championship dream as this team is going the other way and will not be good enough to come straight back up, some of our best players may jump ship as well.

I agree with the comments. As I have always said, SUFC have got it very wrong this season. After 52 years of loyal support of my beloved club it grieves me to see them in such a desperate plight. I may be in a minority but I cannot see for the life of me why we continue with this dream of a new ground and a fresh start when we don't have the finances or the team in place to achieve this. Wouldn't we all have preferred to have had a team capable of holding its own in Div 1 at the expense of a new ground? How can tiny teams like Hereford or Rochdale survive and we continue to struggle?

Performance was a joke today. We'd struggle in league 2 with that team. Cant fault the effort of the likes of Mildey, Barrett, Grant, Franno but the rest are just ****.

No money, no stadium, no league one.

Performance was a joke today. We'd struggle in league 2 with that team. Cant fault the effort of the likes of Mildey, Barrett, Grant, Franno but the rest are just ****.

No money, no stadium, no league one.
The heart has been ripped out of this team, Martin has systematically ripped Tilly's team apart, then he sacked Brush, how Tilly has kept going i do not know. Today, sadly, we had just a few players who played with real passion, the ones you have mentioned and i think Herd also, but we need 11 players on that pitch playing with heart, love and passion, if we don't have that then we have little chance, maybe, just maybe paying wages will help some of them, we shall see. Gillingham on Monday and i can see total humiliation there unless Barrett and co can spur the rest of the team on. I felt embarressed today watching some of that dross. UTB

I really can't see us staying up now and I always try to be optimistic but it's hard to be after that.

Did we have a shot all game ?

There's only about 4/5 players who look up for it and it's not enough and it's not good enough.

Sorry but it is not over... there are still several games left where we can get wins and survive by the skin of our teeth. :support:

As for R.M.... I give him till July, if the stadium is not started by then, then he must leave.

Performance today was one I would have expected from a side that had nothing to play for not one that is in a dog fight.

Even if we stay up what is the best we can hope for come next season. We have so few contracted players, no funds to pay wages, no funds to buy players, players wont want to sign even if we can afford the wages.

Ron Martin I am sorry mate but I can only lay the blame at your door. I have tried to keep the faith and buy into all the hype but the squad is dead on its feet. We are crying out for a loan player to come in and help us yet the ****ing embargo makes it impossible.

The stadium still seems no closer, we are in the drop zone and those around us are winning. Tilly picks the team and is not imune from critism but with no funds and the players not being paid what chance does he has.

I am going to have a few tonight and try and forget today. Gillingham is a crunch game but if that performance is anything to go by then I tnhink were down.

Watched a game on Tv the other day, saw a young kid cry because his team were a goal down. Today i saw a young kid cry at Southend, because he could see us going down. Apart from a very few players today, we ad no passion, no love for the game and more importantly, most of the team didn't care about the supporters/kids who follow them. To those players who did not play with passion, get out of the game, stop hurtin the people who love you. UTB

I'm extremely disilluisoned and fearful at what the future holds for the club both on and off the field. If we go down (for some reason while there are points available I still believe it's possible?!?!) I can see us only struggling further in league two. The squad will be ripped apart and I can hardly see Martin suddenly releasing funds for the team in the basement division when he's failed to do so to preserve our league one status.

Watched a game on Tv the other day, saw a young kid cry because his team were a goal down. Today i saw a young kid cry at Southend, because he could see us going down. Apart from a very few players today, we ad no passion, no love for the game and more importantly, most of the team didn't care about the supporters/kids who follow them. To those players who did not play with passion, get out of the game, stop hurtin the people who love you. UTB

There is only so far that this argument can go. Unfortunately, as much as we'd like it to be different, most of the players in the squad do not have the sort of emotional attachment to our club that we as supporters do. This is a job for them. They have mortgages to pay and families to feed, just like every normal person does, and it's completely understandable that their passion to play for the club has been undermined if their wages are not being paid.

I know that, as an employee, I'd feel hugely let down and undervalued/at the bottom of the priority list if I were in their positions. The first rule of any football club, rugby club, Formula 1 team, paperclip-making factory, or whatever else, should always be to look after the employees/players first. Everything else should come second. If it's anything different, then you're risking the morale of the whole team/entity and, as a result, its performance. That's a little thing called business mismanagement.

remember martin made a very bold statement in the q & a. ' building will start in june 2010 '

we shall see. even then i don't care. we'll have squad or that many fans to fill it.

I agree with most fans who have posted on here today. Some of the players out there quite frankly did not show enough commitment. But if you havn't been paid then it isn't surprising. What a sad day, no money to play players, tiny squad, no first team coach, debts to the taxman, administration hanging over us, relegation a near certainty, how much worse can it get. I can see the fans turning really nasty towards Ron before this season is finished, he has had an easy ride so far. He appears to be a small time property developer whose pockets are not deep enough to fund such a massive project, he has been unlucky but has taken a gamble that appears to have failed and the club and its fans have suffered big time.
By the way,well done to the lads on the North Bank today, if some of the players had shown the same passion we would have taken three points.

Was a few players out there that seemed to be lacking effort, I am angry but not at them, I cant blame those that have had promises broken to them. Its amazing we are still getting crowds close to 7,000 but thats not going to last

If you cant pay you staff then I am sorry Ron Martin as the tax man says we are not a going concern

I think the players have been working hard for months whilst not being paid. I can't think of too many (paid by us) who didn't give their best today, but unfortuately the squad is so light - we can't even cope with having just scannell and Moussa out. That's down to finances, short term cash flow - whatever you call it.

If we make it through and the stadium starts in the summer then its probably worth it to us fans (not the players who aren't getting paid), but lets see where we are in July - my guess is with a promise of building beginning in October, but prove me wrong Ron

In fairness to Tilson, it was the majority of our fans who drove Paynter out of the club. Tilson always believed in his quality, but there's only so much you can do when your new signing is being called The Bad Word every time he runs on the pitch. As for Hooper, that's just one of those things. He was given enough chances, but he always looked ordinary for us.

But yes, it sounds like you're pretty accurate with evrything else.

Welcome back, by the way!

Spot on.

I have said for some time that we, as fans, can do more to harm this club than anything else. The persecution of players such as Paynter and Harrold was appalling. Hooper had chance after chance and to be fair he just didn't click down here. There was even a huge rally against Mildenhall at the beginning of last season that was embarrassing.

But in saying all that the support at the games recently has been excellent and can't be faulted. However, it does seem as though the players have now had enough of not being paid and who can blame them?

It's a sad state of affairs now, isn't it? The news about Prospects has really left us with not many options but I can see why the club isn't paying the team. The PFA will pick up that tab, and we already have an embargo so can't have another one, plus the transfer and loan window is closed so we couldn't bring anyone in anyway.

Every penny that comes into the club is being retained and will be put towards the tax bill.

I'm not defending the action by the way; just saying I can see why we're not paying the players.

Back