• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The drugs debate once more....

My cousin lives in San Francisco so I wasn't really aware of how bad his issues were until my aunt asked my dad and me to fly out to take part in an intervention. I wasn't able to go so I sent a letter. My dad went.

The good news is that nearly 20 years on he's still drug free.

Well done him, my ex brother in law has disappeared, he was living at his older daughter's "sponging" off her for a while, but now he's moved on. He'll re-surface every now and then, or they'll get a call as he's in hospital or been arrested.

No idea. But are you seriously saying that having all this licensed and controlled wouldn't lead to a higher price whilst reducing their strength?

As I think you may recall, my ex brother in law and his wife were both heroin addicts and I had to see the 2nd of our two nieces born an addict. I know from people that they both encountered in re-hab over the years, that the vast majority of those in there for drug addiction ALL started by taking cannabis. If you have an addictive personality then it's a slippery slope.

Agreed, but if you have that you're probably going to ruin your life in one way or another. Should we ban alcohol, gambling, sex, legal painkillers, Mars Bars?....I could go on.

No idea. But are you seriously saying that having all this licensed and controlled wouldn't lead to a higher price whilst reducing their strength?

I have no idea. I was merely posting from a QA (Quality Assurance) point of view.

Back