• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Dutch F.A.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
The Dutch F.A. has just announced they don't intend to finish the top division. This will be very controversial, as they are having their tightest title race for years. Ajax and AZ Alkmaar are level on points, with Ajax just ahead on goal difference, but AZ are the team in form. But it sounds like their F.A. will give the title to Ajax. AZ have only won the title twice, so this really means a lot to them.

This doesn't surprise me. I work in our Rotterdam office a few times a year and am good friends with some of the guys there who are all Feyenoord fans. They are constantly moaning about Ajax and the preferential treatment they get. Don't think it will just be AZ fans who are unhappy about that

Saw on the Spanish news yesterday that the German FA have decided to re-start their season (behind closed doors) in May.That sets a bad precedent I would have thought.

Haven't Germany done a much better job containing the virus than many other european countries? What is safe for one country isn't necessarily safe for others, it should be governments not Football associations having the final say. Italy. Spain and UK in a much worse position than Germany.

Haven't Germany done a much better job containing the virus than many other european countries? What is safe for one country isn't necessarily safe for others, it should be governments not Football associations having the final say. Italy. Spain and UK in a much worse position than Germany.

Your points are all valid ones but what worries me is that in Spain they're still talking about resuming La Liga behind closed doors this season and I believe there are similar noises coming out of the UK too.

Your points are all valid ones but what worries me is that in Spain they're still talking about resuming La Liga behind closed doors this season and I believe there are similar noises coming out of the UK too.

Yep, you are right. If it is a risk the governments need to tell them it is a non starter though, I do worry that the governments will be too spineless though given the games popularity.

Yes.It was interesting to hear Frau Merkel (Muti) go on about the value of football to society though.
I'm not totally against the idea, I'd just want to know that the risk would be minimal backed by expert research. I don't believe it could ever be zero risk until we have beaten this.

The Germans are hoping for the9th may,If not some time in May it should start.
But there is a big list of H&S things to be done first.But according to the Boss of Nürnberg (div 2,not much money!!) that should not be a problem.
Maybe the biggest problem could be the police,who have stated,that they are not sure about it because fans could turn up outside the ground even though they are not allowed.
That could spread the virus and stretch the police,trying to stop them coming.
But ive got a good feeling,it will start again in May.
The German goverment invests into the health service and Police force....unlike some

The Germans are hoping for the9th may,If not some time in May it should start.
But there is a big list of H&S things to be done first.But according to the Boss of Nürnberg (div 2,not much money!!) that should not be a problem.
Maybe the biggest problem could be the police,who have stated,that they are not sure about it because fans could turn up outside the ground even though they are not allowed.
That could spread the virus and stretch the police,trying to stop them coming.
But ive got a good feeling,it will start again in May.
The German goverment invests into the health service and Police force....unlike some

Thought Shalke's offer to their fans to write off the refund on the remaining fixtures this season on their season cards in return for a commemorative shirt was an imaginative one.We'll just have to see what the politiciancs decide I suppose.

Mods.maybe this thread title needs changing ? (Given that the Bundesliga is likely to be up and running before anywhere else).

Last edited:
Mods.maybe this thread title needs changing ? (Given that the Bundesliga is likely to be up and running before anywhere else).

That's a very strange request Tangled, as I started the thread and it's titled 'The Dutch F.A.'. If you read the opening post, it's about the Dutch F.A., and their possible decision regarding the top league in the Netherlands. I don't even mention the Bundesliga or even Germany, or who's up and running before anywhere else. So you've turned it into a German thing, and now want the title changed? Lol. We better change the title to every thread on Shrimperzone then, as they nearly all go off in a tangent.

That's a very strange request Tangled, as I started the thread and it's titled 'The Dutch F.A.'. If you read the opening post, it's about the Dutch F.A., and their possible decision regarding the top league in the Netherlands. I don't even mention the Bundesliga or even Germany, or who's up and running before anywhere else. So you've turned it into a German thing, and now want the title changed? Lol. We better change the title to every thread on Shrimperzone then, as they nearly all go off in a tangent.

You clearly need to get out more Seventies. :Winking: (I've just been for a walk to the PO in the centre of SC .It certainly clears the mind).

Read yesterday that the Swedes were planning to start up their professional season again in June as usual.Hope it's Ok to post that here since this thread's become so European? :Winking:

Read yesterday that the Swedes were planning to start up their professional season again in June as usual.Hope it's Ok to post that here since this thread's become so European? :Winking:
Mods can we change the thread title to the 'Swedish league makes a come back' now that it looks more of a goer then the German league.

Back