• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

First you get the tax payer or local council to fund the £600 million .........Then you pay 2.5% of the price for it.......and just to take the p*ss further pay a rent of the value of the left leg of crap premiership player £2m...............Now to put this in context If Southend council used the taxpayer to fund Fossetts at say £30m........Then Uncle Ron payed £750,000 for it I'm sure everyone would be so happy.Then on the same basis Ron pays the rent of £100k pa.... Sorry but this whole West Ham deal stinks ,and to see the smug Karen Brady talk about giving away free tickets to the poor kids ,and cheap family tickets at the expense of every club nearby is just wrong .........THE TAXPAYER AND EVERY OTHER CLUBS SUPPORTERS HAVE BEEN MUGGED BIG TIME

What else do you suggest they do with the stadium? Take away your anti West Ham blinkered glasses and I think fair play to them, as a club they are seizing the opportunity.

To be fair, the stadium was built and used for the fantastic Olympics that we hosted, instead of it becoming 'White Elephant', the powers that be have looked into ways of keeping it in use and for an income.

But not at the tax payers cost . I for one hope Barry hern stops this stupidity happening .

I actually think you're right. It's a huge p take, and giving away free tickets in that area will affect Orient, and nick some of their future support.

On the plus side, West Ham have always been a Home based results club in the top division. It's mainly due to the small pitch and crowd being right on top.
Now they will be playing on a bigger pitch with the fans behind the running track. I wouldn't be happy if I was a seaso there and had to watch them from a distance.

I actually think you're right. It's a huge p take, and giving away free tickets in that area will affect Orient, and nick some of their future support.

On the plus side, West Ham have always been a Home based results club in the top division. It's mainly due to the small pitch and crowd being right on top.
Now they will be playing on a bigger pitch with the fans behind the running track. I wouldn't be happy if I was a seaso there and had to watch them from a distance.

There will be retractable seating that will cover the track.

The Irons will suffer in the end as they will never have the support to fill the stadium and any relegation could mean another Coventry in the making.

Still the owners can build lots and lots of properties on the Boleyn and earn zillions.

When West Ham sell the current ground and it is developed into houses or whatever , who gets the profit ????????

If they are getting Wembley for sod all, surely that cuts both ways?

As a taxpayer half of me say's the whole sorry saga stinks but the pragmatic realist half of me say's it's probably the ONLY outcome that will more than likely secure the future of the stadium and prevent it from becoming another Dome for the next decade and consequently possibly costing us the taxpayers a hell of a more than the £60m it's going to cost us already.

I would have let both Orient and West Ham share the ground.

This would have made most sense.
If I was a chairman of a club with this on my doorstep, i'd have tried to take the **** as well! so can't really blame wet spam for taking advantage of the situation and orient for that matter

So the fans on the track will be closer to the pitch, they will be seated fairly flat tho, if the fans behind in the stands already built, are to see. But it still leaves the main bulk of the fans too far away.

The capacity is being reduced from 80K to 54K so I'm guessing there will be alot of restructuring inside the stadium, will be interesting to see what they actually do.

I don't know - I think if I had to watch West Ham, maybe the further the better :smile:

But not at the tax payers cost . I for one hope Barry hern stops this stupidity happening .

A) they will be paying 2m rent back to the tax payer every year (198m over the 99yr lease)
B) it's still reserved for public/sporting use with retractable seating
C) when we get to the prem :) (or West Ham get relegated) I'd rather be going there than the **** hole where they play footie now

First you get the tax payer or local council to fund the £600 million .........Then you pay 2.5% of the price for it.......and just to take the p*ss further pay a rent of the value of the left leg of crap premiership player £2m...............Now to put this in context If Southend council used the taxpayer to fund Fossetts at say £30m........Then Uncle Ron payed £750,000 for it I'm sure everyone would be so happy.Then on the same basis Ron pays the rent of £100k pa.... Sorry but this whole West Ham deal stinks ,and to see the smug Karen Brady talk about giving away free tickets to the poor kids ,and cheap family tickets at the expense of every club nearby is just wrong .........THE TAXPAYER AND EVERY OTHER CLUBS SUPPORTERS HAVE BEEN MUGGED BIG TIME
Had'nt thought of it like this but as the stadium will hopefully be used for many other events it might never feel like home to the Spammers thus causing the team to underperform and drop below the premiership to where they belong.

Back