• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I will expand on my selection

Shane Westley

I (and a few around me) saw a clueless toblerone shape headed buffoon who couldn't pick his forward up if he had handles on him.
Wolves saw a potential First team player worth money.....

John Keeley I (and those same blokes around me) saw a flapping ex schoolboy forward who was better off pickingup fares than balls out of the back of our net.

Brighton saw a first team goalkeeper........

Bobby Moore
I saw an ex Shoplifting Hamster, who couldn't manage the proverbial in a Brewery, desperately trying to prove that because he could tackle Pele once he would easily be the next Alf Ramsey, and failing big time.
Everyone else saw a young bloke in a red shirt, sitting on some other Hamsters shoulders waving a funny little gold woman around.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Leeboy @ Sep. 16 2005,13:09)]Tes Bramble - others see bustling, powerful forward capable of scoring a great goal.
I see - lazy, lumbering, slow-witted average Conference striker living on his brothers name. Averaged 10 goals a season for 4 seasons - quite poor really.
I never understood why so many people liked him. Wasn't his best return something like 13 goals a season? That's poor for a striker.

Currently proving his lack of worth a Stockport, I see.... hardly setting the world on fire there!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 16 2005,13:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Sep. 16 2005,12:43)]Am still waiting for ORM's nomination of Eastwood
Wait no longer Sir ! Busy bee again today so work keeps interrupting. Still reeling from the wholly unwarranted attack on the legendary RM.

Others have already expressed their doubts about Maher already and I agree with their sentiment. BUT, as I have always said about any player that incurs the wrath of ORM, I want them to come and ram my observations right down my throat.

Quite simply Maher has the talent, but does he have the attitude needed at pro-level ? I have my doubts, though Guttridge may prove a blessing in more ways than one. Were Spurs foolish ? Only time will tell.
Interesting.

Mines a bit controversial but I personally dont think Leon Cort was that good.

He was great in the air and scored a few so dont get me wrong on that front but I saw him as a bloke who was easily knocked off the ball for his size. I saw a bloke who shinned the ball more than he kicked it and a bloke who seem to run around like a dog on prozac.

Was still sad when he left but prefer Sir Adam anyday.

DtS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Dave the Shrimper @ Sep. 16 2005,13:42)]Mines a bit controversial but I personally dont think Leon Cort was that good.

He was great in the air and scored a few so dont get me wrong on that front but I saw him as a bloke who was easily knocked off the ball for his size. I saw a bloke who shinned the ball more than he kicked it and a bloke who seem to run around like a dog on prozac.

Was still sad when he left but prefer Sir Adam anyday.

DtS
Agree, and what's more everyone blamed Phil Whelan for Leon's inadequacies. Continuously out of position, leaving Phil (who was not quite fast enough) to try and cover for him.

i cant beleive the abuse Shane is getting, f%&king legend.

And you should all show more respect
mad.gif

Maher is over rated, over paided and is not worthy of a place in the team, enter mr jay smith and lukey boy as my chosen centre mid pairing

[b said:
Quote[/b] (canveyshrimper @ Sep. 16 2005,14:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Sep. 16 2005,14:05)]i cant beleive the abuse Shane is getting, f%&king legend.

And you should all show more respect  
mad.gif
I think you mean leg end.
I can assure you i dont, a quality player that was Southend through and through.

OK he liked the sauce a bit to much
laugh.gif

Mark Rawle; Neil Jenkins; Steven Clark; Lee Hodges; Tony Scully; Nicky Nicolau

Nothing against wingers though- Mitchell Cole is brilliant!

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kent Shrimper @ Sep. 16 2005,14:10)]I can assure you i dont, a quality player that was Southend through and through.
Until he went to Wolves.....

And The second time around he was even worse.......

I am beginning to think that this thread is passing people by a bit. As the idea is to name those (and give reasons for) who you didn't like but everyone else did, I think it is generally taken as read thet there will be dissenters....

I always thought Leon Cort was a bit overrated at the back. He was ok, just looked to be a bit of a liability sometimes. I didn't see how people could think he was going on to 'great things'.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Sep. 16 2005,13:19)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (* ORM * @ Sep. 16 2005,13:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Sep. 16 2005,12:43)]Am still waiting for ORM's nomination of Eastwood
Wait no longer Sir ! Busy bee again today so work keeps interrupting. Still reeling from the wholly unwarranted attack on the legendary RM.

Others have already expressed their doubts about Maher already and I agree with their sentiment. BUT, as I have always said about any player that incurs the wrath of ORM, I want them to come and ram my observations right down my throat.

Quite simply Maher has the talent, but does he have the attitude needed at pro-level ? I have my doubts, though Guttridge may prove a blessing in more ways than one. Were Spurs foolish ? Only time will tell.
Interesting.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Leo Roget

Most saw a tough-tackling, athletic centre back who won everything in the air.

I saw a kick / push / pull anything that moves, over-the-top tackles always liable to giving away penalties and getting cards, always prone to getting a rush of blood to the head.

However, in his defence, his sending off against Oxford that time was a tad harsh.

Mike Lapper.

An international who was slower than my gran , could'nt tackle and allegedly a defender. Too most people a cultered defender and
all decent chap.

Back