• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

dannypav

President
Keeping this as simple as possible , just looked at it being a race between MILLWALL , BRISTOL ROVERS and SUFC for one play off place.

MILLWALL 67 POINTS ( GD : 9 )
SUFC 66 POINTS ( GD : 14 )
BRISTOL R 63 POINTS ( GD : 2 )

If we can draw both away games and win both at home ( so 8 points from 12 ) we finish on 74 POINTS and an improved GD.

I think MILLWALL will win both their home games ( Northampton and Oxford ) but lose both away ( Fleetwood and Bristol ROVERS ) , so giving them 73 POINTS.

BRISTOL ROVERS are very much in this.
I think they will do the same as us , draw both away games at Gillingham and Peterborough and win both at home against Oldham and Millwall , giving them 71 POINTS.

Obviously all those 12 games will not go as planned , but im just on my lunch break , eating a chicken sandwich , so thought I would pass the time ........

You're not meant to eat Rob Noxious's cat, it will impact on your predictions you mark my words.

You're not meant to eat Rob Noxious's cat, it will impact on your predictions you mark my words.

I just to show everyone that we do sneak into that 6th spot and all is well in the garden again !
But as you say on your thread , lose on Saturday and it's the end of the world......

Well I'm being optimistic and hoping for 10 points 2 home wins - 1 away win and an away draw...

without being accused of stating the obvious , Bristol Rovers playing Millwall could be a god send for us in that points will be dropped by one or both of them

We need to just focus on ourselves and get as many points as possible before worrying about others. We. Red to bounce back with not just a win but a strong performance on Friday to get some confidence back into the side and the fans. Other teams will drop points and we have to be there to take advantage when they do.

It was embarrassing on Saturday where people where cheering other teams results when we weren't even winning orselfs.

long way to go still and we can still make the top 6 but need to step it up a level

I reckon only us and Millwall are in it, we MUST win against Chesterfield to relieve the pressure and with Lenny + Ranger, Coker etc back for the final 3 we are in the race.

3 wins and a draw and we blag it as Millwall will drop at least 2 points but not much more, anything less and we can forget it...

All the teams above will drop points. For at least one of them, it has to happen as at least two of the teams are playing each other. And we only need to gain 1 point on Millwall. Injuries and suspensions do seem to have come at just the wrong time but we've also shown we can be more than a match for ANYONE in this division. There's still plenty to play for.

I agree with you dannypav; in fact, I wrote something very similar yesterday:

Both Chesterfield and Shrewsbury won yesterday. I think we'll do well to get two points from those two away fixtures. I do think that we'll beat both MK Dons and Bury at home though. So, will 7 or 8 points giving us a total of 73 or 74 be enough.....?

Now that Scunthorpe have started winning it's really only Millwall that we can overhaul to scrape into the play-offs. Millwall should beat both Oxford and Northampton at home, but they may well struggle to get anything from their away fixtures at Fleetwood and Bristol Rovers. So they'll gain 6 points giving them a total of 73 and it could be down to goal difference in the end......

I actually feel that we can win at Chesterfield and Shrewsbury. Both teams are desperate for points and are likely to attack leaving space at the back, which should suit us.

MK Dons at home could be an awkward one. Nothing to really play for, but have improved since we beat them comfortably at their place, expecting a tougher game this time.

Bury at home all depends on where they are. If they still need points, again that should help us, if we're still in the race that is! There are lots of ifs, buts and maybes.

Millwall are the team we have to catch and they have on paper a harder run in than us, but Northampton at home for them next looks like 3 points in the bag, but these are the type of games where you can come unstuck, lets hope so anyway.

I personally think that anyone of, current 3rd place Fleetwood, down to Brizzie are still in a dog fight for play off places, our Injuries / suspension hit us at the wrong time.
Non stop support until the last ball has been kicked !!

Can we not still include Scunthorpe in the mix? Why can't we not catch them? Other than a lucky win on Saturday against Bolton they have been rubbish for weeks. They may well only pick up another 5 or 6 points.

Scunthorpe have turned the corner I think. They beat Bradford too recently, don't forget.

Yes, but lost at Millwall in-between.

Their away form is atrocious. They haven't won away since 14th January (and only once since 22nd November!) and have lost their last four successive away games.

Back