• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The EU Referendum

How are you voting?

• Leave

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • Remain

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What is easy to grasp here, is that you have been found out contradicting yourself....and you don't like it.

Your blind loyalty to all things Labour and Corbyn hampers your ability to post objectively and when challenged you sulk....like now.

As to where we are at, may I respectfully suggest you consider more thought behind what you post....that way you can avoid looking silly in future.:winking:
shameless.....

because the government, the country pretty much no-one seems ready for the consequences - that is why some Labour MPs back a 2nd referendum (plus the fact the leave or stay options were presented with a stack of lies)

If accepting the above statement were true, what makes you think the voters didn't see through the "lies" (like you obviously did) and voted accordingly? Or is this going to be more of "the leave voters all read the sun and daily mail and need to move to my way of thinking because I know best"?
Remain LOST - ta da EU.

If accepting the above statement were true, what makes you think the voters didn't see through the "lies" (like you obviously did) and voted accordingly? Or is this going to be more of "the leave voters all read the sun and daily mail and need to move to my way of thinking because I know best"?
Remain LOST - ta da EU.
Cameron was lying about WW3 and Osborne was lying about his punishment budget as much as Jonson and Gove lied about the £35m a week for NHS. I have no way of knowing who saw through what but very few people will say they felt the information we were given in order to make a personal decision was anything other than misleading. Those that wanted a referendum - I doubt many wanted in conducted in that manner.

Cameron was lying about WW3 and Osborne was lying about his punishment budget as much as Jonson and Gove lied about the £35m a week for NHS. I have no way of knowing who saw through what but very few people will say they felt the information we were given in order to make a personal decision was anything other than misleading. Those that wanted a referendum - I doubt many wanted in conducted in that manner.

And we are in complete agreement with that but in all honestly, what did you expect. It was Gisela Stuart from Labour leave who became a leading Leave speaker towards the business end, this was probably partly because she was from Labour but also because she spoke decently without the nonsense.
Regardless of the result I vowed never to vote for Cameron and Osborne again - some of the scare mongering was off the scale and probably back fired. Biggest blunder was writing a speech for the US president to basically belittle our nation - good move.

Actions and consequences?

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices...xit-economic-plans-suggested-by-a7236816.html

.......It'll all be OK on the night?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/sep/10/why-would-eu-appease-deluded-brexiters

Have any Brexiters out there an idea of the costs involved in employing the ENORMOUS team of negotiators (probably for at least eight years), required to disentangle us from the EU and consequently create new trade deals. From what I've heard we don't have anywhere near enough qualified people in the UK. Would bringing in foreigners to sort our problems, not contravene the very spirit of Brexiters' lower immigration wishes?

Last edited:
http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-37359196

Juncker warns the UK on access to the single market.

No "a la carte access."

Ha ha! Looks as though he's learned little from recent events but I suppose he may have been on the sauce again so that's perhaps a mitigating factor. Voters didn't listen to this unelected irrelevance before and they certainly won't now. He may as well be talking to himself.

Looks like the beginnings of a European Army are being thrown on the table. Ablely led by the French and Germans no doubt.

I can't put links up via my phone but check out the BBC News site on how Merkel and co see the EU heading. I'm begining to regret voting for remain.

Back