• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The EU Referendum

How are you voting?

• Leave

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • Remain

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Perhaps the other EU countries will collectively show a more united front, when the UK finally shows its hand and invokes article 50?

Do you thinks so? Germany wants/must have the UK trade, other countries have testing election issues coming. The Syria war is spreading/worsening and the migration crisis will be back in the news WHEN the (prostitute) press want it to be & the cause of more Nationalism which Junker & Co are so scared of.
What is this hand you speak of? And do you really think the UK will make the whispers and private negotiations going on NOW open?

Do you thinks so? Germany wants/must have the UK trade, other countries have testing election issues coming. The Syria war is spreading/worsening and the migration crisis will be back in the news WHEN the (prostitute) press want it to be & the cause of more Nationalism which Junker & Co are so scared of.
What is this hand you speak of? And do you really think the UK will make the whispers and private negotiations going on NOW open?

The only hand the UK have is a busted flush.They want a trade deal with the EU but don't want to pay the price for it ie free movement.

Sooner or later, the UK will have to invoke article 50.Once it's triggered, the clock will be ticking in public for two years.

When I was at a fair at Saint Girons in August I met a client who said he was an economist. He still had a place in London where he claimed he went a lot less frequently and a place in the Cousseran (near the fair). However the major part of his time he lived in Malta. Inevitably, we got chatting about Brexit and he was clearly of the opinion that, in trade, Europe needed the UK more than the UK needed Europe.
This may well be true but is surely a rather one-dimensional view to the future negociations between the UK and the EU. The political dynamic may well prove to be more important than the simple economic argument; the need to keep Europe in some way unified will probably be the most important factor for the continent. Indeed, Europe may be willing to cut its nose to spite its face.............something, in the negociations, that the UK would be well to bear in mind. As the unlikeable Mr O'Leary says, the UK risks getting screwed. I'd go so far to say, that if May gets what she is asking for ( controlled borders and access to the single market).................even I will take my hat off to her. (though I'd disinfect it afterwards!) :smile:

The only hand the UK have is a busted flush.They want a trade deal with the EU but don't want to pay the price for it ie free movement.

Sooner or later, the UK will have to invoke article 50.Once it's triggered, the clock will be ticking in public for two years.

Free movement is on it's way to the discussion table, Herr Merkal is lamenting her "free movement" agenda as are many EU countries. The ticking clock is on the disintegration of unfettered migration and delaying Article 50 is a plausible strategy

Yes of course this is true and each side on the referendum debate will try and persuade their supporters that a right or wrong decision was made. However, but it doesn't rather defy logic to believe the UK can get as good a deal or better by leaving the EU? If so, what's the point of being a member??? Certainly much will depend on how united a front the EU present. From what I've read there does appear to be a strong desire to present a united block (even if there may be disagreements in the background) when the negociations with the UK eventually start. Will be fascinating to see how it pans out and it's surely only when we emerge from this 'phoney period' and 'realities ' begin to emerge that we shall heve a better idea of whose argument was strongest and truer.

Yes of course this is true and each side on the referendum debate will try and persuade their supporters that a right or wrong decision was made. However, but it doesn't rather defy logic to believe the UK can get as good a deal or better by leaving the EU? If so, what's the point of being a member??? Certainly much will depend on how united a front the EU present. From what I've read there does appear to be a strong desire to present a united block (even if there may be disagreements in the background) when the negociations with the UK eventually start. Will be fascinating to see how it pans out and it's surely only when we emerge from this 'phoney period' and 'realities ' begin to emerge that we shall heve a better idea of whose argument was strongest and truer.

I don't think either side (remain or Leave) will ever win, and my guess is we will have to wait at least ten years to see if the decision to leave was the correct one.
I have recently read articles from pro Brexit economists arguing not to even negotiate with the EU but go straight to WTO status....so its fair to say that both sides are posturing and we will see plenty more of this over the coming weeks and months.

I don't think either side (remain or Leave) will ever win, and my guess is we will have to wait at least ten years to see if the decision to leave was the correct one.
I have recently read articles from pro Brexit economists arguing not to even negotiate with the EU but go straight to WTO status....so its fair to say that both sides are posturing and we will see plenty more of this over the coming weeks and months.

I agree, and by then there will be so many other variables that both sides will claim "I told you so".

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-37443662

Boo says Article 50 will be triggered early in 2017 "probabaly."

enhanced-31550-1429646952-7.jpg

But he just so cuuttteee.....

I take it you meant Bojo?

I watched a bit of Question time last night, before the light weight panel bored me. Nice to see some of the usual suspects trotting out the standard line....I respect the result, BUT.

Now they want a referendum on the Brexit conditions.

I saw the first quarter of an hour or so and it bored me rigid too.Quite frankly, I don't understand the Greens (represented by Caroline Lucas.whom I adm¡re) and the LibDems (who I don't) both wanting another referendum on Brexit terms.

There'll be a another G/E for that.

Still, good job I didn't get to see Liz Kendall ,(Miss 4% in last year's leadership contest), open her stupid trap.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-37502578

This is what one of the three main players (on the other side) ie The Italian PM thinks:-

"Brexit was a bad decision."

"It will be impossible to give to British people more rights than other people outside the EU."

I was particularly interested by his comment:-. "We cannot use foreign affairs to solve internal problems".

He's right,unfortunately.

Back