• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The EU Referendum

How are you voting?

• Leave

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • Remain

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Excellent, and then we could give the NHS £350m pw as well.
Oh wait, her ladyship said a few days ago it isn't happening.......

Besides, we haven't left the EU yet and so haven't saved any money yet. So obviously there aren't any Brexit savings to direct towards the NHS yet, and I assume there probably won't be for 3 years or so.

Yesterday there was web based news on inflation rises and today I've listen to financial experts on BBC breakfast this morning. They are all telling me goods services and food prices are going up now and in the near future due to Brexit. I'm watching the value of the pound sink and each day more crisis news from the NHS and other public services is staring me in the face. None of these things is my opinion, they are events that are happening now.

I can't change what some of the UK voting public have done, and as a believer in democracy I wouldn't want to, but neither can I see any benefits to me or mine from the Referendum outcome. No doubt you 'better out' supporters will shout me down for airing my view, but right now it really does look like jam tomorrow to me (maybe).

They are indeed things that are happening. People assess them differently though. Trust the BBC to only talk to "experts" who assess it all negatively. I'd say several things:

• The £ has been 20-25% overvalued for over a decade. It had to come down at some point and might have caused more damage in the long run if it remained overvalued. You might say it's dropped down to its true level.
  • Value of the £ isn't necessarily a barometer of the strength of the economy, to all those who are saying our economy is suffering. In the medium term our exports will be much more competitive and could be a stimulus for several of the UK's industries. That's a good thing.
  • Food prices will go up a bit I am sure. They will then fall again once we finally escape from the clutches of the EU because we won't have to apply Brussells' ludicrous import tariffs anymore. EU = free trade my arse - only within its own little elite club! To the rest of the world it's a protectionist barrier to free trade.

Things aren't brilliant right now but they're not awful either. I remain confident that once we are fully out (no remaining part of the free trade zone please), and the economy and the £ has adjusted to the new position we'll be taking, things will work out just fine. Be patient.

See I'm no great fan of Nigel, but I don't recall him wording it like this. The Leave campaign were inaccurate with the £350m figure, but the NHS was just one thing on the list of items that they felt we'd be able to direct some of the money saved from Brexit towards. I do feel as though Remainers have twisted the Leave camps words a bit to fit their agenda here.

stream_img.jpg

You can try to twist it as much as you like, but that slogan does not state that a leave vote means £350mill a week is going to be given to the NHS. Any sane person should realise that they were simply pointing out how much we send to the EU, and that some of it can be better spent in the UK.

That has been coming for years. What were you expecting if we remained, an EU bale out for the NHS. Are you remoaners now going to blame the trains being late or the weather on Brexit.

So, I offered a post in which I quoted actual events and factual news and posted what I am observed and its impact on me and mine. Nowhere did I suggest I was expecting an EU bale out, I didn't mention trains and certainly not the weather, and I don't know what a remoaner is. You certainly have developed a consistent line in put-downs Rigsby, I am totally crushed and now know my place.

You can try to twist it as much as you like, but that slogan does not state that a leave vote means £350mill a week is going to be given to the NHS. Any sane person should realise that they were simply pointing out how much we send to the EU, and that some of it can be better spent in the UK.
If they just wanted to point out that £350 million goes to the EU (it doesn't as that ignores the rebate) why mention the NHS? why not mention the NHS and Trident and schools and the police? Or just not mention anything that it could be spent on. By singling out the NHS they have singled out the NHS and they can't after the event pretend they didn't.

If they just wanted to point out that £350 million goes to the EU (it doesn't as that ignores the rebate) why mention the NHS? why not mention the NHS and Trident and schools and the police? Or just not mention anything that it could be spent on. By singling out the NHS they have singled out the NHS and they can't after the event pretend they didn't.
Because they wanted to win the referendum, and they know that far more people care far more about the NHS than Trident or the police. Good move on their part, as it won the vote for them. If the remain campaign had offered a shred of positivity about the pros of staying in the EU then maybe they'd have won.

I think that the NHS £350M thing is certainly implied don't you? The fact is that we don't send £350M to the EU, that's a lie along with many, many others that Farage & Bojo peddled (though Cameron & co also told a few whoppers to be fair).

So, I offered a post in which I quoted actual events and factual news and posted what I am observed and its impact on me and mine. Nowhere did I suggest I was expecting an EU bale out, I didn't mention trains and certainly not the weather, and I don't know what a remoaner is. You certainly have developed a consistent line in put-downs Rigsby, I am totally crushed and now know my place.

No you didn't . You quoted a prediction from more of those so called 'experts'. You quoted it because it suits your agenda and then you added the NHS and the public sector to beef up your moan.......Because that's what remoaners always do. As someone has just posted food from Europe will be more expensive but much cheaper from the rest of the world.

You lost, except it and move on with your life. You might find you feel a little less crushed when you realise there's big new world out there, with loads of opportunities.

No you didn't . You quoted a prediction from more of those so called 'experts'. You quoted it because it suits your agenda and then you added the NHS and the public sector to beef up your moan.......Because that's what remoaners always do. As someone has just posted food from Europe will be more expensive but much cheaper from the rest of the world.

You lost, except it and move on with your life. You might find you feel a little less crushed when you realise there's big new world out there, with loads of opportunities.

You just get better and better, don't you.

I think that the NHS £350M thing is certainly implied don't you? The fact is that we don't send £350M to the EU, that's a lie along with many, many others that Farage & Bojo peddled (though Cameron & co also told a few whoppers to be fair).

World war 3 was going to be very expensive, so we could put all the money saved into the NHS.

Just think in a few years time we won't have any p*** taking health tourists abusing the NHS because they won't have the right to do so.

Because they wanted to win the referendum, and they know that far more people care far more about the NHS than Trident or the police. Good move on their part, as it won the vote for them. If the remain campaign had offered a shred of positivity about the pros of staying in the EU then maybe they'd have won.
but their big slogan was two lies!

In which case the remain camp will no doubt be planning some kind of legal challenge to thwart Brexit, I expect...
Only the SNP have a party view on EU and the main instigator of a referendum and pro Europe has quit as an MP, so there would be no real power behind it.

It was just a stupid thing to do - two lies blazoned on something as inescapable as a bus - it just sets the country up for the feeling of being ****ed over. They should be able to hold their heads high and lead us into a beautiful new future. Instead you have shrugged shoulders and 'it wasn't a promise, it was something we 'could' do if we win, and the day after we won we decided not to do that bit - what's your problem?''.
Its the ultimate in 'read the small print' and you know how angry people get when they can't use their 20p off voucher at Tesco cos of the small print.

I'd forgotten just how educational it is to post on the Politics forum. Now I've been reminded I'll probably not bother again.

Only the SNP have a party view on EU and the main instigator of a referendum and pro Europe has quit as an MP, so there would be no real power behind it.

It was just a stupid thing to do - two lies blazoned on something as inescapable as a bus - it just sets the country up for the feeling of being ****ed over. They should be able to hold their heads high and lead us into a beautiful new future. Instead you have shrugged shoulders and 'it wasn't a promise, it was something we 'could' do if we win, and the day after we won we decided not to do that bit - what's your problem?''.
Its the ultimate in 'read the small print' and you know how angry people get when they can't use their 20p off voucher at Tesco cos of the small print.

I'll give you a clue, nobody voted out because of a red bus with a slogan on it.

Back