• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The EU Referendum

How are you voting?

• Leave

Votes: 58 56.3%
  • Remain

Votes: 45 43.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think its fair to say there were and are voices on here that were against any kind of intervention in Syria, so it would be legitimate to point that out to them.

Milliband will be remembered for his stone and inability to eat a sandwich properly not his contribution toward the Syrian crisis.

On the contrary, I think he'll be remembered,at least by those of us on the left, as a Labour leader who had the courage and determination to whip the PLP into a vote against intervention in Syria.

We can only hope JC does something similar when the time comes for the PLP to vote on the renewal of Trident.

I have in my opinion!

Nearly one million men have deserted their country to get into Europe...Fact
Some of these same men carried out various crimes on NYE...Fact
The majority of these men will not find work according to a German official.
10% of these men will turn to crime,again according to the same official.
At least 2 of these men were involved in the Paris massacre..Fact
German taxpayers will pay 12 billion per year to keep these men according to reports.

What exactly is the point.

All I can suggest is that you read back through the thread, if the penny doesn't drop then you don't want it to.

On the contrary, I think he'll be remembered,at least by those of us on the left, as a Labour leader who had the courage and determination to whip the PLP into a vote against intervention in Syria.

We can only hope JC does something similar when the time comes for the PLP to vote on the renewal of Trident.

Miliband will be remembered as the Labour leader who changed the voting rules that has left Jeremy Corborn in charge which means the UK won't have effective opposition at least until after the next GE. He was a disaster and everyone knows it.

Yep, I think we are done

Please don't stop. This thread is great value....now that you have turned in to George Bush and want to declare war on ME country. Not even a soft target like Iraq....No you fancy taking on a regime that is backed by Russia.

Best we all dig out those 1974 leaflets on how to survive a nuclear war, you know the ones that advised us to build a sturdy family shelter under the stairs.. I 'm off to B&Q for some 6mm ply before there's a stampede.

Please don't stop. This thread is great value....now that you have turned in to George Bush and want to declare war on ME country. Not even a soft target like Iraq....No you fancy taking on a regime that is backed by Russia.

Best we all dig out those 1974 leaflets on how to survive a nuclear war, you know the ones that advised us to build a sturdy family shelter under the stairs.. I 'm off to B&Q for some 6mm ply before there's a stampede.
I'm more Basil Brush than George Bush...

Personally,I always preferred "Protest and Survive" to "Protect and Survive." :smile:

I'm more Basil Brush than George Bush...

Well Basil apart from being outraged when you hear a man describe a woman as 'foxy' which of the Seven different groups fighting for control of Syria do you plan to supply with Western arms.

I know it won't be Assad as he has no maternity leave for women. Not ISIS because they have no equal opportunities policy. So that leaves five to choose from. Will it be more than one or perhaps all five, difficult for the likes of me to understand as I have never set foot in Syria. Guess I'll have to leave those sort decisions to people like you and Tangled.

Well Basil apart from being outraged when you hear a man describe a woman as 'foxy' which of the Seven different groups fighting for control of Syria do you plan to supply with Western arms.

I know it won't be Assad as he has no maternity leave for women. Not ISIS because they have no equal opportunities policy. So that leaves five to choose from. Will it be more than one or perhaps all five, difficult for the likes of me to understand as I have never set foot in Syria. Guess I'll have to leave those sort decisions to people like you and Tangled.

Don't worry HMG will be bombing someone in Syria on your behalf (probably as we speak).

Not exactly.Unlike *** I wouldn't call myself an interventionist but I'm certainly not a pacifist either.

Meanwhile thought this article (on our intervention in Libya) was interesting.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2016/jan/24/britain-same-mistakes-libya-iraq

But you both want to arm people who oppose the Assad regime.

So I'll ask you the same question which of the different factions fighting for control would you arm. The peoples front of Judea or the Judean People's Front....

You should carry on mate, Mrs b has posted up some really interesting stuff for discussion.

Sadly *** has thrown in the towel as he is right and everyone else are wrong !

*** by name *** BY NATURE!

Sadly *** has thrown in the towel as he is right and everyone else are wrong !

*** by name *** BY NATURE!
You are oversimplifying the situation. I've spent plenty of time discussing these things with you but my patience ran out. Is anyone else on here willing to discuss it with you? No. Why is that do you think?

You are oversimplifying the situation. I've spent plenty of time discussing these things with you but my patience ran out. Is anyone else on here willing to discuss it with you? No. Why is that do you think?

Being fair,

The left soon peeled away from this thread,fair play to you and Tangled for persevering but to no avail !

I think a high number of people would disagree with your view probably 70% or thereabouts,but your take will never convince myself of taking in refugees into the country,I suspect the majority feel the same way.

But you both want to arm people who oppose the Assad regime.

So I'll ask you the same question which of the different factions fighting for control would you arm. The peoples front of Judea or the Judean People's Front....

As I've told you before, I don't do hypotheticals.

I would, however, be prepared to countenance some British military action (preferably under a UN banner) to take on IS.

Back