• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The EU Result

Do the Hokey-Cokey...

• Remain

Votes: 31 63.3%
  • Leave

Votes: 18 36.7%

• Total voters
My original question was.....

Ok, let's ignore your voting preference, what do you think the final verdict will be on the morning of June 24th?

How am I twisting it? Should we get ready for a major Rigsby strop on the 24th of June if the British public don't vote your way?

I have highlighted your word twisting on Post 17.

I won't be having a strop on the 24th either way. I personally will be a lot better off if we stay because I'm a landlord. My capital growth is far more than the average wage each year. Besides I can soon put the rent up on any traitors who vote to remain. If they want the EU so much they pay for it:winking:

P.s Don't forget a vote to remain is also a vote for Boris.

How do you work that one out? Hopefully IF we vote to remain, both him & Farage can be consigned to the political dustbin.

I know its not what you want to hear but for someone with your political views your best hope will be that are around and they split the Immigration vote. If we vote to remain then by the next GE another 2million immigrants will have arrived with around 800,000 leaving the country.

Boris could win a landslide simply by campaigning that he is the man to take on the EU and Immigration (even if he can't). Because as you know many remain voters are less likely to bother with the GE.

Corbyn would be a lot stronger if we vote out. Many people, especially young potential Labour voters are not engaged in politics because why we remain in the EU we all have less chance of actually changing anything.

For example if we kept our EU money then Labours Ideas to spend it would be much better than Gideon's.

Think it is a lot closer than the polls suggest at the moment, I do think there will be a hard push by the government in the run in and it'll be a win for remain. Still undecided myself and I've read so much from both sides

I have highlighted your word twisting on Post 17.

I won't be having a strop on the 24th either way. I personally will be a lot better off if we stay because I'm a landlord. My capital growth is far more than the average wage each year. Besides I can soon put the rent up on any traitors who vote to remain. If they want the EU so much they pay for it:winking:

P.s Don't forget a vote to remain is also a vote for Boris.
that is a joke though - yes? It seems like one of those jokes that used to have 'not' at the end as it makes no sense.

Do you not want to quote how many EU wide plots have been stopped in the last 18 months to cast this in a different light.......

For a start I wouldn't know the EU figures. Secondly haven't you seen enough 'successful' plots in France and Belgium in the last 18 months. Or do they come under your 'Its not as bad as you think' lets sweep the muslim extremist problem under the left wing ideology carpet.

Exactly. Hope with all my heart and head it's a leave but expect it to be a remain. Far to many scared and gullible people out there I fear.

Thanks for that. I'm old enough and have my own opinion but if I decided to vote remain (which I am leaning towards due mainly to the rubbish spouted by Boris and co) it's nice to know how you feel about me.

For a start I wouldn't know the EU figures. Secondly haven't you seen enough 'successful' plots in France and Belgium in the last 18 months. Or do they come under your 'Its not as bad as you think' lets sweep the muslim extremist problem under the left wing ideology carpet.
I think you are missing the point - I was referencing what you had posted a tiny bit further up this thread:

'Conveniently forgetting about the seven, that's right seven, terrorist plots that where stopped in the last 18 months'

Thanks for that. I'm old enough and have my own opinion but if I decided to vote remain (which I am leaning towards due mainly to the rubbish spouted by Boris and co) it's nice to know how you feel about me.

Your welcome :winking: Do what I've done. Not taken any notice of any politician. They are all going to spout over the top hyperbole in order to progress their particular argument regardless of whether that be for the Remain or Brexit camp.

Research independent articles and reports from the non mainstream media and NGO's and if your concerned about their political affiliation or possible funding research that to. It's the only way to get the closest you can to non biased facts about the whole EU Referendum debate.

And it is my opinion that the vast majority of those voting to remain are doing so partly because of the uncertainty and unknown consequences of a Brexit and are scared to take that leap of faith and be control of our own political and financial destiny.

i'm undecided myself but in the end i'll probably end up voting to stay and i think a few will do the same.
i'm posting here coz the other thread is so sodding long i can't be arsed.

i don't want to vote to endorse the EU but being as rational as i can i think that staying is a slightly less worse option.

i'm not convinced it would make so much difference but i'm unemployed and i was out of work in the post-2007 recession too so i'm worried about the economy.
i don't think there's any doubt we would be worse off overall, even some in leave have admitted that, but that might not be bad longer term - i think we could live without rich foreigners buying up property and getting paid a ton. we have enough of our own like that and don't need more.

and i can't be dealing with Johnson or IDS to run the country. not party political really, i wouldn't trust them as far as i could spit them.
not saying i love the stay lot but at least i'd trust Cameron to run a bath - more than i can say for others like Corbyn or Johnson, IDS

so with heavy heart i'll probably vote to stay and i think others will do the same

i'm undecided myself but in the end i'll probably end up voting to stay and i think a few will do the same.
i'm posting here coz the other thread is so sodding long i can't be arsed.

i don't want to vote to endorse the EU but being as rational as i can i think that staying is a slightly less worse option.

i'm not convinced it would make so much difference but i'm unemployed and i was out of work in the post-2007 recession too so i'm worried about the economy.
i don't think there's any doubt we would be worse off overall, even some in leave have admitted that, but that might not be bad longer term - i think we could live without rich foreigners buying up property and getting paid a ton. we have enough of our own like that and don't need more.

and i can't be dealing with Johnson or IDS to run the country. not party political really, i wouldn't trust them as far as i could spit them.
not saying i love the stay lot but at least i'd trust Cameron to run a bath - more than i can say for others like Corbyn or Johnson, IDS

so with heavy heart i'll probably vote to stay and i think others will do the same

Sadly I think a lot of people will take this attitude, although there are signs that Leave is doing a bit better in the recent opinion polls. It's much easier to vote for the status quo than vote for radical change. And then they'll complain when they can't get a doctor's appointment, can't get their kids into the schools they want, can't afford a house.

Be bold, people. We are a great country, and can be an even greater country outside the EU.

Sadly I think a lot of people will take this attitude, although there are signs that Leave is doing a bit better in the recent opinion polls. It's much easier to vote for the status quo than vote for radical change. And then they'll complain when they can't get a doctor's appointment, can't get their kids into the schools they want, can't afford a house.

Be bold, people. We are a great country, and can be an even greater country outside the EU.

only 50% of immigration, or less, is from the EU - i.e. what we can't control. i'll admit it would be good to reduce it by 50% but would that happen? can we afford it?

and radical change to what exactly? i might be more inclined to support leaving if anyone had any idea what leaving would actually mean

only 50% of immigration, or less, is from the EU - i.e. what we can't control. i'll admit it would be good to reduce it by 50% but would that happen? can we afford it?

and radical change to what exactly? i might be more inclined to support leaving if anyone had any idea what leaving would actually mean

Worth watching this if you need help understanding the evils of the faceless EU

[video=youtube;eYqzcqDtL3k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYqzcqDtL3k[/video]

Worth watching this if you need help understanding the evils of the faceless EU

[video=youtube;eYqzcqDtL3k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYqzcqDtL3k[/video]

Surely this is the new Muppets film with Kermit talking viewers through the synopsis?

Surely this is the new Muppets film with Kermit talking viewers through the synopsis?

Attack the people involved, but the content still makes for a compelling watch....

Are we really comfortable with this notion that the power lies with these unelected folk who sit and make decisions that shape our futures?

Attack the people involved, but the content still makes for a compelling watch....

Are we really comfortable with this notion that the power lies with these unelected folk who sit and make decisions that shape our futures?

How's that any different to the UK, which is in reality run by civil servants?

Your welcome :winking: Do what I've done. Not taken any notice of any politician. They are all going to spout over the top hyperbole in order to progress their particular argument regardless of whether that be for the Remain or Brexit camp.

Research independent articles and reports from the non mainstream media and NGO's and if your concerned about their political affiliation or possible funding research that to. It's the only way to get the closest you can to non biased facts about the whole EU Referendum debate.

And it is my opinion that the vast majority of those voting to remain are doing so partly because of the uncertainty and unknown consequences of a Brexit and are scared to take that leap of faith and be control of our own political and financial destiny.

What, like North Korea?

Back