• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The European Debate Thread

I've got news for you.Just over 2 million British citizens live in other EU countries, (about 1 million of them in Spain).That's pretty similar to the amount of EU citizens from other countries currently living in the UK.

https://euobserver.com/social/123066

You're the sort of venomous xenophobe who really can't comprehend why any Brit.would want to live abroad.

I'm afraid you'll just have to get used to the idea.It's a phenomenon which is likely to increase in the future.

Christ on a bike you numpty. Where, when and how have I questioned either the amount or more to the point the reasons why any UK citizen would want to go live abroad?

Your reply has absolutely nothing to do with the post I typed :hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

And your ohhhhh so very wrong on one point. I can fully understand why a Brit would want to move. I came with 24 hours of emigrating to Canada in 2005, visa, job, home, the lot so don't preach about something you know sweet FA about............oh wait, to late :hilarious:

Please stop now. my sides hurt :hilarious:

. Where, when and how have I questioned either the amount or more to the point the reasons why any UK citizen would want to go live abroad?

. I can fully understand why a Brit would want to move. I came with 24 hours of emigrating to Canada in 2005, visa, job, home, the lot

Let me see if I've got this straight.You question my right to comment on GB politics because I don't live in the UK anymore, although I'm a British citizen?

I wonder though if you would have imposed self-censorship on yourself, if you'd taken that job in Canada in 2005? Even though-under the 15 year rule-you would have been perfectly entitled to vote in a UK GE until 2020,via proxy, (as indeed I did in the 1997 UK general election).

I don't question your right to speak and comment on GB politics, that is your right as a British Citizen. That is a right given by free speech and a right we all have.

What I do call into question however is your continued belief that you know what it's like to live here, and thus your comments. You don't. You can't. You haven't lived here for 35 years FFS. How else do you want it spelled out to you.

In answer to your second point. Yes, If I had emigrated and begun a new life in Canada back in 2005 I would still have comments and had opinions on UK politics and life in the UK in general but, and here's the rub, I wouldn't be so arrogant as to believe that I knew what it was like living and working there day in day out.

There, that clear enough for you? :D

I don't question your right to speak and comment on GB politics, that is your right as a British Citizen. That is a right given by free speech and a right we all have.

What I do call into question however is your continued belief that you know what it's like to live here, and thus your comments. You don't. You can't. You haven't lived here for 35 years FFS. How else do you want it spelled out to you.

In answer to your second point. Yes, If I had emigrated and begun a new life in Canada back in 2005 I would still have comments and had opinions on UK politics and life in the UK in general but, and here's the rub, I wouldn't be so arrogant as to believe that I knew what it was like living and working there day in day out.

There, that clear enough for you? :D

So it's OK if I comment on GB politics but not if I claim I know what's it's like to live in the UK?

Thanks for clearing that up.:whistling:

Yes, that's exactly it. Hoooorayy, call the Pope. By jove I think he's got it.

You cannot know what it's like to live here with the stresses and strains on our society that a virtually open door immigration policy brings. You can comment on what you 'think' it may be like but seeing as you don't live here and haven't for many a year your opinions/thoughts on exactly that point hold very little water.

Now you understand can we now call it a day and all move on knowing you accept my point :D

Incidentally today's BBC poll of legal age voters (and no I can't find the link, it's was on the 6 o'clock News) had Immigration as the third highest ranking concern of the British voter behind the UK economy and the NHS, in that order.

To say it is, or will be, a side issue come the election in May is nonsense.

Incidentally today's BBC poll of legal age voters (and no I can't find the link, it's was on the 6 o'clock News) had Immigration as the third highest ranking concern of the British voter behind the UK economy and the NHS, in that order.

To say it is, or will be, a side issue come the election in May is nonsense.

What I said was that Europe was not an important issue for the majority of voters.

I never said anything about immigration not being an issue.

UKIP may have succeeded in equating immigration with Europe, as far as their own supporters are concerned, but not with the majority of the electorate.

Yes, that's exactly it. Hoooorayy, call the Pope. By jove I think he's got it.

You cannot know what it's like to live here with the stresses and strains on our society that a virtually open door immigration policy brings. You can comment on what you 'think' it may be like but seeing as you don't live here and haven't for many a year your opinions/thoughts on exactly that point hold very little water.

Now you understand can we now call it a day and all move on knowing you accept my point :D

I don't accept your point of view,btw.

I just wanted to clarify what it was.:smiles:

Back