• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Eurovision Song Contest, Lol.

What we need is to stop entering !! BBC licence fee money shouldn't be wasted on such junk / rubbish / puerile tripe.....

Meh, I'm sure it enterained millions of folks. I'm no fan but equally I'm no fan of Eastenders, Mrs Brown's Boys and a wealth of other BBC shows and I'm more than happy to pay <50p a day to the BBC.

See qq
It wouldn't be so bad if we had a fair playing field where we had a chance to win it. But each year it's just showing how the rest of Europe is not keen on us. So it's embarrassing and money down the drain.
That poor lad will be known for coming last the rest of his life, but it's not his fault.

What did he expect?

Very few Eurovision acts become household names and this bloke was a club singer at best. He took a punt at the big time and it didn't work out. He'll be back to knocking out his unique take on Angels in a week or two.

So this morning the backlash has begun. No, not about why do we bother to let Europe punish us each year, suggesting that the people of Europe get as much pleasure from us finishing last more than anything else. No, the backlash is the Madonna performance. How she went out of tune a lot. Wrong tired old song. She moved like an O.A.P. Silly animal head masks, and the Palestinian flag on the back of one of her dancers, which has caused quite a stir, especially as the contest was in Israel, and she was paid by a Jewish Billionaire(I bet he got a shock), and broke the rules of the contest, as apart from the judging obviously...It's meant to be non-political.

Madonna was seriously crap - she's embarrassing and irrelevant, two of the worst things a musician can be IMO. While I don't let the political voting bother me, and I couldn't care less how badly the UK always does these days, I do think it's wrong that some of the songs are released as singles ahead of the contest and become huge hits across Europe in the run up. It gives them an unfair advantage, as we saw on Saturday. That's the one rule change I'd like to see - other than that, I'm happy for the Eurovision circus to keep rolling on as it is...

Who was the prick that performed with Madonna?

What did he actually do?

That was Quavo. But he was singing with the aid of one of those voice box things. One version was the vocoder made famous by Herbie Hancock in the 70s. H.H. said it made his not good voice sound good. You could have sang with her with one of those things......I can see it now for next year....''AT LAST PEOPLE, THE MOMENT YOU'VE ALL BEEN WAITING FOR................MADONNA AND MAD CYRIL...........SINGING, LIKE A VIRGIN.''

Last edited:
Personally,I blame Brexit for the UK's poor result. :Winking:
I know you're being facetious, but I feel I should point out that the UK were doing badly at Eurovision loooooooooooooooooooooong before the EU referendum.

Of course the last time we won the thing it was the day after Tony Bliar took the oath of office :Stunned::Stunned::Stunned:

I know you're being facetious, but I feel I should point out that the UK were doing badly at Eurovision loooooooooooooooooooooong before the EU referendum.

Of course the last time we won the thing it was the day after Tony Bliar took the oath of office :Stunned::Stunned::Stunned:

I saw a post on Twitter from a chap who had analysed many years data. I'll see if I can find it.

We started not being voted for because of the Iraq war. Europe saw the USA as big bully brother and us as their lap dog. We became known as the worlds police, when it suited us. Now Europe doesn't like us as well because of all that's going on now. Our song wasn't one of the best, but it certainly wasn't the worst. It has nothing to do with musical trends.

We started not being voted for because of the Iraq war. Europe saw the USA as big bully brother and us as their lap dog. We became known as the worlds police, when it suited us. Now Europe doesn't like us as well because of all that's going on now. Our song wasn't one of the best, but it certainly wasn't the worst. It has nothing to do with musical trends.
I thought it was one of the 3 worst songs, and the weakest staging/performance on the night. I think on balance it thoroughly deserved to come last. I agree 100% with the guy behind the twitter thread that MK posted - we need to completely overhaul our attitude to the competition as well as what we put forward, and how we select it.

Back