• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Evening Echo

The News
SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown will today hold talks with every single member of his squad as he starts to prepare for next season.

More...

Why is he telling us this? How will this make the squad feel? It's a disgrace.

I was hoping we would lose deegan but it looks like he will be here next season.

Have we got an option on people like Kamara and McQueen then?

Have we got an option on people like Kamara and McQueen then?

If we've got one on McQueen we need to take it. He's young and has been in and out of games but he has shown flashes of real class like his through balls for Mooney vs Burton and Payne vs Sheff Utd.

Why is he telling us this? How will this make the squad feel? It's a disgrace.

I agree and why is he speaking to them individually; what sort of team spirit does that produce

You haven't got a clue Brown and I should know as I watch a lot of football which makes me an expert in football management

If we've got one on McQueen we need to take it. He's young and has been in and out of games but he has shown flashes of real class like his through balls for Mooney vs Burton and Payne vs Sheff Utd.
McQueen tweeted a thanks to Southend, thanks to the manager etc...but ended it 'onto the next adventure now!'

I very much doubt he will be here next season.

I agree and why is he speaking to them individually; what sort of team spirit does that produce

You haven't got a clue Brown and I should know as I watch a lot of football which makes me an expert in football management

I think you are pitching at sarcasm.....otherwise....What?? You expect PB to talk about players individual personal situations in the context of a team meeting? He is treating them with respect and talking to each player individually...just like you or I would expect rather than being publicly paraded in front of work colleagues. We don't operate some sort of collective bargaining system. Each player will have his own agent looking after his interests. These conversations are happening all across the leagues at the moment. Do we expect Coventry to have announced in a team meeting which 9 were being released? I don't think so. If you're just being sarcastic...ok.

I think you are pitching at sarcasm.....otherwise....What?? You expect PB to talk about players individual personal situations in the context of a team meeting? He is treating them with respect and talking to each player individually...just like you or I would expect rather than being publicly paraded in front of work colleagues. We don't operate some sort of collective bargaining system. Each player will have his own agent looking after his interests. These conversations are happening all across the leagues at the moment. Do we expect Coventry to have announced in a team meeting which 9 were being released? I don't think so. If you're just being sarcastic...ok.

I was being sarcastic :smile:

May have potential but also a lot to learn. Didn't win one 50/50 ball the whole time with us and very poor work rate when we were defending. Although i completely agree on the ball he has ability though.

The only thing I don't like about the article and it's a minor issue, is how Luke Prosser is singled out.

Tongue-in-cheek? Humorous micky-take of all anti PB -ers?

Yes it is, gpd.

In other news, why would we interview McQueen about his future, then, if his parent club are re-calling him?

Here we go again.

Basically it it seems to me for many all sensible discussion is out the window because for some a personal dislike of the manager colours every comment.

He is telling you what is going on- if he wasn't you would be beating him up for not communicating with the fans. There is nothing whatsoever wrong with him telling us what is going on. At some point hopefully all this negativity will stop- it's a real turn off.

Back