• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I see that there are 4 FA Cup replays this week, and the prime broadcaster ITV are electing to show the cash cow "league" instead. Their excuse is that clubs could not be persuaded to play either Tuesday or Thursday nights. After all the fuss about how utterly abysmal the FA Cup coverage was last season I thought they may want to show a replay live, even if it's tucked away on ITV 4.

I'd rather watch a cup replay than "Champions" League which by its very title is a misnomer. Unfortunately the FA are locked into this deal with ITV and won't pull the plug, although I've heard that ITV want out. As a further issue I can't see the sponsors being overly happy about not getting their message out to the viewing public.

Last edited:
That is pretty poor.

Read in the paper the other day they are thinking about revamping the FA Cup because of the poor crowds the last few years, ideas include playing ties mid-week and ditching replays.

ITV need to be stripped of their FA Cup coverage. The fact Andy Townsend still has a job offends me.

The sooner the fa cup is removed of itv the better.

Coverage is awful compared to the bbc when they had it and itvs choice in games is poor aswell, choosing man city v stoke as a featured game :unsure:

Ditto Robbie Earle.

Sadly Id go as far as to say Id prefer Townsend and Earle summarising, with bloody Marcel Desailly as the presentor than to have to watch any football match on the Beeb where Garth Crooks gets to open his mock intellectual mouth.

But yes, completely agree, very poor by ITV. Especially as the Champions League it is only first legs stage which usually just involve teams avoiding a defeat. They should be stripped of the right to show matches if they cant be bothered to do so.

Sadly Id go as far as to say Id prefer Townsend and Earle summarising, with bloody Marcel Desailly as the presentor than to have to watch any football match on the Beeb where Garth Crooks gets to open his mock intellectual mouth.

But yes, completely agree, very poor by ITV. Especially as the Champions League it is only first legs stage which usually just involve teams avoiding a defeat. They should be stripped of the right to show matches if they cant be bothered to do so.

I agree, Garth Crooks joins Ulrika Johnson, Chris Moyles and the entire cast of Loose Women (It must be scripted, because no show could be that soul destroying accidentally) in the list of TV Personalities I want to see destroyed, but thankfully the BBC acknowledge this and keep him on Final Score with the occasional appearance on MOTD2... Although I'm fairly certain that's just to ensure Adrian Chiles he's not the ugliest man on the show once a month.

I much preferred it the way the FA Cup used to be covered, with the highlights falling just after the Prem games were covered on MotD with detailed summary of the key clashes. If they could find a way to incorporate this with the extra shows they have now (i.e. Late Kick Off) They could be on to a winner.

Read in the paper the other day they are thinking about revamping the FA Cup because of the poor crowds the last few years, ideas include playing ties mid-week and ditching replays.

Ditch replays yes. Giving the 4th Champs League spot to the F A Cup winner would liven things up a bit. Imagine a Championship side winning it and playing in the Champs league.

Back