• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The family bonanza thing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 30 2005,20:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Jan. 30 2005,20:07)]
BTW - It's RubIn ...

wink.gif
Damn!  
mad.gif

down.gif
Don't worry about. This week I've been snowed on, rained on, and now bombed. Good fun living in Spain!

WS

wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 30 2005,20:16)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 30 2005,20:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Jan. 30 2005,20:07)]
BTW - It's RubIn ...

wink.gif
Damn!  
mad.gif

down.gif
Don't worry about. This week I've been snowed on, rained on, and now bombed. Good fun living in Spain!

WS

wink.gif
Errrr... Bombed as in "Fat English Comedian off a High Diving Board", or Bombed as in "Explosive Device"?

rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 30 2005,19:09)]Or even the "Rubins". They were bought out by the infamous Anton Johnson in the summer of 1983, a transaction that near enough killed off the football club.

WS

WS
Ah right Mark Rubin

I'm at Sixth Form with his son now.

Bombed as in "Explosive Device".

An bomb allegedly planted by ETA went off in a hotel in Denia this afternoon; I live just a few miles away. We heard about it whilst at the Jávea v Benigamin match this afternoon (which we won). One slight injury. The Spanish government is about to debate a proposal for self-rule for the Basque region - virtual independance - but it's almost certainly going to be rejected. So ETA seem to be making a statement. Maybe we're next. What fun, eh?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 30 2005,20:31)]Bombed as in "Explosive Device".

An bomb allegedly planted by ETA went off in a hotel in Denia this afternoon; I live just a few miles away. We heard about it whilst at the Jávea v Benigamin match this afternoon (which we won). One slight injury. The Spanish government is about to debate a proposal for self-rule for the Basque region - virtual independance - but it's almost certainly going to be rejected. So ETA seem to be making a statement. Maybe we're next. What fun, eh?

WS
Even that's a bit close for comfort Mike - glad you are OK! You sure this isn't anything to do with you proseletysing for SUFC?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 30 2005,22:23)]Even that's a bit close for comfort Mike - glad you are OK! You sure this isn't anything to do with you proseletysing for SUFC?
Probably a Col Ewe fan ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 30 2005,22:32)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ Jan. 30 2005,22:23)]Even that's a bit close for comfort Mike - glad you are OK! You sure this isn't anything to do with you proseletysing for SUFC?
Probably a Col Ewe fan ...

WS
You have sheep in Spain then.....?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Jan. 30 2005,08:37)]Incidentally, how many kids tickets were sold? Can you ascertain exactly how many "extra bums on seats" were attracted by the family bonanza?

WS
Mike,

The short (and not terribly accurate!) answer to that is: loads.  There were more kids at the ground yesterday than I remember seeing in a very long time.

Bearing in mind that Darlo brought a woefully small number with them - no more than 200 I'd say - then you've got to reckon on there having been somewhere between 2,000 and 2,500 more fans there on Saturday than there are normally.  And that's down to the commercial department - so a huge gold star for them.

smile.gif

As for the game itself... well, as others have said, if they don't come back after that, they never will.  End to end, high quality - that & the Swansea game are the best we've played all season... and Bentley's goal was a peach.

And that Fredy... he's a bit special.  He turned the game on its head.  I reckon we were heading for 0-0 until he came off the bench...

A top, top afternoon.  Well, that's game one out of five in the month of truth safely behind us.  Here's hoping for more success in the subsequent games...

cool.gif

Matt

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Jan. 30 2005,22:55)]Bearing in mind that Darlo brought a woefully small number with them - no more than 200 I'd say -
Considering, for instance, that we only took about 400 odd to Mansfield and that's about halfway to Darlington, I wouldn't be too critical!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TerryintheWest @ Jan. 30 2005,23:27)]and what about the chips?  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
Yeah, that was pretty weird... Brian Dear was well out of order, and I was pretty cross about it by the time I got home - I am still intending to drop Mr. King an e-mail to ask him to speak to his staff and tell them:

(a) not to pick up fag-ends of conversations (given that I wasn't complaining about an absence of chips, but instead asking a genuine question to that steward about why chips aren't served at grounds); and

(b) even if I were complaining (which I wasn't), being told to "f**k off and get a life" is not something one ought to be told by a senior member of SUFC staff on a family bonanza day, of all days.

sad.gif
down.gif

Well, sounds like a bit of an own goal there. Personally, I will be contacting the SUFC commercial dept. to 'big them up' as previosly posted, took 4 kids (2 mine & 2 mates of) & they were completely won over-need I say anymore. -The 2 mates were both Arsenal supporters, but................. now..............well.......you never know, seemed pretty loud joining with the Sea......sea..seasiders...well..you never know-kids snatched from the clutches of Sky?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
??-you never know:blues:

Back