• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The family bonanza thing.

sealion

Coach
As usual took my seat in the East Yellows but the only difference was instead of just taking myself along with my oldest boy, I took my 8 year old & they both took a friend.(yes, 4 bloody kids to look after!). Well, they may have only cost a quid each to take, but also spent another £30 in progs, food,drinks etc. No problem with that at all as SUFC laid on the pre-match entertainment with the goody bags for kids.
Top day (apologies for everyone around me with shrieking kids ringing in their ears) but, with 3 points in the bag, SUFC with a few more quid in the bank & you never know, potentially, a couple of more future Southend supporters in the making!
Or, as the old saying has it, SUPPORT YOUR LOCAL TEAM!!

And to answer the question, will they be back? Well yes, instead of drinking myself into a stuper, they all want to go again, v Scunny. Ah well, martyr for the cause
cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sealion @ Jan. 30 2005,00:00)]Well, they may have only cost a quid each to take, but also spent another £30 in progs, food,drinks etc.
I think that was part of the plan. Either way it worked - and the atmosphere was great today.

I had some newbies sitting behind me but unlike the pr*cks that turned up on Tuesday (one with a gooner scarf) these were genuinly interested in the entertainment, the game, the players and, most importantly, coming back again.

It's all good news. The club have been working hard to attract larger gates and future support, and it's great to see it pay-off.

Glad you and your kids enjoyed it. We spent ages putting the goody bags together 1,000 doesn't sound a lot but you should see the commercial department the last few days - looks like a bomb has hit it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Jan. 30 2005,07:46)]Out of interest, what was in the goodie bags?
Varied from bag to bag but generally:

Southend Poster
SUFC Hat or Scarf
Coca Cola Football
Chocolate Bar

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 30 2005,07:23)]Glad you and your kids enjoyed it. We spent ages putting the goody bags together 1,000 doesn't sound a lot but you should see the commercial department the last few days - looks like a bomb has hit it.
A martyr to the cause, Dave?

WS

tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jávea Shrimper @ Jan. 30 2005,08:27)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 30 2005,07:23)]Glad you and your kids enjoyed it. We spent ages putting the goody bags together 1,000 doesn't sound a lot but you should see the commercial department the last few days - looks like a bomb has hit it.
A martyr to the cause, Dave?

WS

tounge.gif
Not at all definately worth it - just hope we don't have to do it again in a hurry!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 30 2005,08:29)]Not at all definately worth it - just hope we don't have to do it again in a hurry!
Incidentally, how many kids tickets were sold? Can you ascertain exactly how many "extra bums on seats" were attracted by the family bonanza?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 30 2005,08:48)]Obviously can't tell you know but sure I can find out on Monday.
Not important. I'm just interested to know what sort of impact these family days / kids for a quid promotions have on attendances. Obviously we had a higher than average attendance but I was just wondering who specifically came because of the entertainment and who specifically came for the football. If you remember a couple of years ago when the first family day was put on, a few dozen people actually LEFT the stadium when the entertainment had finished, which I always found very bizarre ...

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Jan. 30 2005,08:57)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ] a few dozen people actually LEFT the stadium when the entertainment had finished, which I always found very bizarre
Still got their money though
I know that.

WS

So often when we have bonanza day the match doesn't live up to the expectations of the crowd. Yesterday was very different indeed. Good crowd and a good game hopefully that will encourage some of the day trippers to return and help keep the attendances rising.

if they dont come back after that game they never will. as for people coming in other teams shirts etc, who cares more money for us. i orriganally started to watch the blues as a supporter of a london team. but then thank gawd i see the light. best thing i ever done

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Javea Shrimper @ Jan. 30 2005,08:37)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Jan. 30 2005,08:29)]Not at all definately worth it - just hope we don't have to do it again in a hurry!
Incidentally, how many kids tickets were sold? Can you ascertain exactly how many "extra bums on seats" were attracted by the family bonanza?

WS
Based on us getting just over 5,000 for most home games these days, I'd say the Bonanza Day added around 2,000 to the gate. How many of those were kids is another matter.

A superb day and a superb game - well done the club and team. If the extra fans who came yesterday didn't enjoy that they don't like football! (By the way, I didn't notice anyone leaving before kick-off but I was staggered by how many left as soon as Eastwood scored rather than hanging around another couple of minutes for the joyouse celebrations at the end.)

Back