• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Famous 92

sufctommy

Schoolboy
so far at 15, i have completed 46 football league grounds all with southend apart from arsenal at the emirates.

Just wondering how many of you are close to the 92 or know of people getting close?

When I can be bothered to go to Accrington and Morecambe, and in all probability Burton Albion, then I'll be back up to 92.

Really not that fussed, though, as it's been an accumalation over about 30 years or so. I'll only be tempted to go if Southend play them as I've never gone to a game just for the sake of visiting a ground.

yer i just couldnt see myself attendind a chester v mansfield game just for the ground if im honnest with you, if southend are playing and i have not been to that ground then yeh id be intrested

A lot have clubs have got new stadiums in recent years so I can't be sure what my total is.

For instance I've seen Hull at Boothferry Park, but not at the KC, Reading at Elm Park but not Madejski and so on.

I have been to 45 grounds, and apart from Scunthorpe2 years a go and the draw at Grimsby, I hadn't been to a match for around 7 years

in total i have visited 83 grounds, only Wembley and Anfield non-SUFC matches.

There are some clubs that i have visited two grounds and a few now non-league, so counting clubs must be 65-70

Last edited:
I've done exactly 50 according to the Facebook app. However some of these are non-league now so I'm in the 40s somewhere I think. Not bad considering I'm only 24!

I do plan to do them all but would not just go to a game for the sake of ticking off a ground. However if I was invited by a friend who supported said team, etc then I'd still count it.

There cant be many fans who do all 92 with one club. For example, we as Southend fans have been pretty lucky in having been in 3 different divisions over the past 5 seasons which gave us groundspotters quite an opportunity. Sadly for me I didnt drive during our league 2 days so still have quite a few to do.

I'm up to about 60 now. There's no specific rules on how to count a ground. My own person opinion is that if was a league ground at the time, and it's a proper game with refs and linos, it counts.

The only chance of getting Carlisle is if I happen to be nearby or I'm still exiled next season (I can get a train from my local station) and there's something on it.

Anyway, I'll pick up Oldham this season.

The one advantage of being in League Two was being able to keep up with the new grounds coming out of the Conference!

Currently on 90 with Morecambe and Accrington the elusive duo at the moment.

The one advantage of being in League Two was being able to keep up with the new grounds coming out of the Conference!

Currently on 90 with Morecambe and Accrington the elusive duo at the moment.

I'm missing those two, and oddly given how local it is Dagenham. Added to this I will never go to MK.

I have got 8 to go but as they include both Man City and Man United and as I dont watch anyone but Southend I dont think I will do them in a rush.

Just had a count up and have done 84 league clubs, more if you include second grounds, and all with the mighty SUFC

Im on 86 of current 92,my ground total if you include teams with new grounds and teams in conferance is around 112,Want to do Morecombe soon as they are moving soon.

so far at 15, i have completed 46 football league grounds all with southend apart from arsenal at the emirates.

Just wondering how many of you are close to the 92 or know of people getting close?

That's very good going for 15! I'm also around the 45 mark but I'm twice your age.

There's a handy little application on Facebook that makes it easy to keep track of all the grounds you have been to. Including non-league, overseas and old stadia (e.g. Elm Park or Highfield Road) I've been to about 80 all told.

Back