• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Fan and the Steward at Solihull

Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally disagree and not sure what kind of judo you do. I teach jujitsu and as a national referee in ground fighting and an established GB competitor, that is not controlled. If you look closely, his right knee is pinned onto his chest, which taking into account the heat, the fact he's probably had a couple of drinks and his intercostal muscles are being restricted, breathing would absolutely be a struggle. Not saying the lad was innocent, but this is not controlled restraint. The Steward does not know what know what he is doing and there is nothing technical in this.
I watched again this morning and you're right, I said that the leg wasn't on his chest but that's because I mistakenly thought the knee belonged to guy in black (who was in front of the body so couldn't have been kneeling on him) and that the guy pinning him had one leg either side of the body (which is fine even if he should be lower down) but you can see in the first second the knee is there before the guy in black shows up so I was wrong.

Last edited:
From the Solihull Moors fans forum:

Whatever that Southend fan had done, what those stewards are doing is completely wrong. Doesn’t surprise me at all, the stewards have been making the whole place more unfriendly for the past few years.

Have you seen the video doing the rounds on Twitter of the moron who got on the pitch and threatened Moulden being given double-George-Floyd treatment by our stewards? Doesn't look great. Though apparently the problem is that our stewards are from Eastern Europe 🙄 The two on top of him in the video are British.

Some people won't be happy until everyone they don't personally like takes a baton to the head - or, in this case, a knee to the chest (and possibly a hand round the neck) - and the irony is they complain about others being authoritatian snowflakes. Since when was the appropriate punishment for making a fool of yourself and running on a football pitch being choked? Anyone would think from reading this thread that he'd killed someone! In fact I'm glad that video was posted without context, because there is no context in which that treatment is justifiable, and were it not a football fan (who, of course, are subhuman and don't deserve rights...if you don't think that mantra would ever be applied to you because you're one of the good ones, just ask the good people of Liverpool how that's worked out before) I'm sure there'd be an outcry. He's clearly shouting for help towards the end. It's good to hear he's ok, because he genuinely could have suffered a much worse fate there.

You don't have to support violence by authority whenever you see it. You don't have to lick every boot that stamps on your face. It's ok to admit that the pitch invader was wrong but that the poorly-trained power-mad steward (there's plenty like it) acted out of line. There are better ways to restrain rowdy people and there are better ways to punish rulebreakers, so none of this is necessary, you just like the idea of gratuitous violence against people you don't like. Which is not how civilised society works. You'd doubtless be happier, ironically, living under Sharia law.
I agree with everything you say but if he hadn't run away (as has been reported) and simply put his hands up for being stupid and accept he had to be ejected, he wouldn't have been subject to any rough treatment.

Guessing that the "pitch invader " is easily identifiable and can expect a lengthy ban from the club ???
Well I hope something official happens if only to bring closure to this sorry affair. Thankfully we don't get too many of these events at away matches but when we do, boy, does it get milked on both sides.

I don't have a problem with anyone getting over excited and running on the pitch. When you start pushing players around you brand yourself a bit of an idiot. It looked bad, surprised the Police there didn't arrest him.
I believe most police inside football stadiums are there as spotters only. Any other responsibilities they may have are null and void as they are on private property. It dates back to the need to pay for a full police presence in a ground and clubs, at all levels, not being prepared to foot the cost. Cue the X-Ray response teams that patrol our grounds these days.

The fan was totally in the wrong but the roughing up he got was also wrong. 2 wrongs don't make a right
If I broke into someones place of work and started abusing / assaulting them for no reason , I would do so ready to rightly face whatever I got back.
Can't believe the level of I justice / support for the guy on here ( not just you ).
We are coming over not as a nasty lot , but whingers too.
In the main our away support is excellent, but I have no time for these idiot / wannabee gangsters.
They don't represent me or the club I love.
They can go and play tough guys together in the park.
Yes , and two wrongs don't make a right , I agree.

If I broke into someones place of work and started abusing / assaulting them for no reason , I would do so ready to rightly face whatever I got back.
Can't believe the level of I justice / support for the guy on here ( not just you ).
We are coming over not as a nasty lot , but whingers too.
In the main our away support is excellent, but I have no time for these idiot / wannabee gangsters.
I don't disagree with you and i am not supporting him in the slightest. What i disagree with is the way he was restrained. He was restrained outside of the methods secuirty guards are trained to use, restraint that could endanger his life. @Sensei Phil will give you more information on that

I also disagree with professional footballers goading fans, that is bound to lead to crowd trouble

I don't disagree with you and i am not supporting him in the slightest. What i disagree with is the way he was restrained. He was restrained outside of the methods secuirty guards are trained to use, restraint that could endanger his life. @Sensei Phil will give you more information on that

I also disagree with professional footballers goading fans, that is bound to lead to crowd trouble
The last bit has been done forever , by all teams.
Players goad , fans shout abuse , the match finishes , we all go home.

The fan was totally in the wrong but the roughing up he got was also wrong. 2 wrongs don't make a right
Whilst two wrongs don't make a right, two negatives do make a positive.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back