• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The fans who meet with Ron and MM

I've only just seen this and surprised there hasn't been more comments here. A two hour meeting? How many fans were involved? Was it just those who were planning on protesting or a snapshot of a number of different groups? Hopefully the latter, but due to the lack of information being banded about I assume the former.

I did see that the minutes are posted on their FB page, but you have to be a member to gain access of the 'we want Ron Martin out' group......which i decided not to join !

I did see that the minutes are posted on their FB page, but you have to be a member to gain access of the 'we want Ron Martin out' group......which i decided not to join !
Quite- basically their goal in the current circumstances equates to "we want Southend out of business".

Fair play to MM for turning up. Can't imagine he'd of fancied that straight after the game

Quite- basically their goal in the current circumstances equates to "we want Southend out of business".

it really doesn’t.

I’m not a part of the group and don’t know anything about it but replacing Martin isn’t an unreasonable aim.

I also want Martin Dawn out. Ron Martin is entirely responsible for the mess we are in. For the second time of his tenure he over-committed financially and lost control.Through not paying players and poor, expensive appointments we are now seeing the consequences and, frankly, we are locked in a death spiral.

Martin has promised a stadium for 25 years and hasn’t come anywhere close the realising it. His communication style in patronising, arrogant and unprofessional and we may well go bust in just over a month. Maybe not, but we are dangerously close.

“Better the devil you know” is an understandable response but it isn’t fair to criticise anyone who would like to see an alternative.

it really doesn’t.

I’m not a part of the group and don’t know anything about it but replacing Martin isn’t an unreasonable aim.

I also want Martin Dawn out. Ron Martin is entirely responsible for the mess we are in. For the second time of his tenure he over-committed financially and lost control.Through not paying players and poor, expensive appointments we are now seeing the consequences and, frankly, we are locked in a death spiral.

Martin has promised a stadium for 25 years and hasn’t come anywhere close the realising it. His communication style in patronising, arrogant and unprofessional and we may well go bust in just over a month. Maybe not, but we are dangerously close.

“Better the devil you know” is an understandable response but it isn’t fair to criticise anyone who would like to see an alternative.

Exactly this.

I hate the phrases " Ron is all we have" or " there are no other options"

It's total bollocks. Ron has increased the debt of the club the whole time he has been here and put himself and the club in position of co-dependency.

Essentially Ron has made it impossible for any buyers to come in as he would need an extraordinary amount of money to leave the club.

So he has put himself and the club in an impossible situation. Fossetts is quite literally **** or bust.

Exactly this.

I hate the phrases " Ron is all we have" or " there are no other options"

It's total bollocks. Ron has increased the debt of the club the whole time he has been here and put himself and the club in position of co-dependency.

Essentially Ron has made it impossible for any buyers to come in as he would need an extraordinary amount of money to leave the club.

So he has put himself and the club in an impossible situation. Fossetts is quite literally **** or bust.

surely your post contradicts itself?- you get annoyed when people say there are no other options, and then go on to explain that its impossible for anyone to come in and buy the club

surely your post contradicts itself?- you get annoyed when people say there are no other options, and then go on to explain that its impossible for anyone to come in and buy the club

Exactly what I was about to post. Paragraphs 5 and 6 contradict the 2nd. I don't think yourself and the fans who utter the phrases you mention are that far apart in some cases. You can't make him sell. So we ride it out and roll with the punches for now.

Proper bottled it and gave Ron exactly what he wanted by deflecting the protest

We will either never find out what happened or we get Ron’s watered down approved minutes

They seem like a reasonable well balanced group. I would like to join but not sure how?

Back