• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Have just finished watching the Football League Show and cant believe its content or length!

Given the fact that there was no motd and no Championship matches you would have thought that this was an opportunity to show case leagues 1&2. And in to the bargain cheap tv for the bbc (cut backs and all that).

But no we had the presenter sitting in the stands at The Valley. No analysis. No nothing.

And to make it worse creepy were the feature match. they werent top at the beginning of the day and they werent at 5 o'clock. Why not the league leaders?

And to really rub it in tubbs (score for creepy today) got the final caption on the closing titles. Unbelivable!!!

So sorry wight shrimper but the bbc again only gave us the obligatory 30 seconds.

JC_****ed.gif

UTB

I know what you mean CC but not bothered really,they can keep ignoring us and we'll keep winning suits us just dandy,after all it's only the useless BBC.we are top of league we are top of the league.

To be fair to the BBC their football league programmes are a massive improvement on the ITV effort the "Championship" which was a plie of patronising poo, and also if there were no Championship games played on a weekend there was no programme.

The bit that annoyed me was they spent more time interviewing Steve "brown envelope" Evans than showing our match.

The sight of the fat-faced Jock gave me nightmares. (Apologies to any other fat-faced Scottish people).

I agree; exactly what I thought. poor as a programme overall and was looking forward to it.Even the Charlton game was average TV at best(not the match itself, tho' good to se Powell doing well)...I wrongly assumed they would make a big feature of Divs 1 & 2 and they blew it!
Have just finished watching the Football League Show and cant believe its content or length!

Given the fact that there was no motd and no Championship matches you would have thought that this was an opportunity to show case leagues 1&2. And in to the bargain cheap tv for the bbc (cut backs and all that).

But no we had the presenter sitting in the stands at The Valley. No analysis. No nothing.

And to make it worse creepy were the feature match. they werent top at the beginning of the day and they werent at 5 o'clock. Why not the league leaders?

And to really rub it in tubbs (score for creepy today) got the final caption on the closing titles. Unbelivable!!!

So sorry wight shrimper but the bbc again only gave us the obligatory 30 seconds.

JC_****ed.gif

UTB

The programme is always half hour shorter when there's no championship games on, and they showed the Northants v creepy game as they would've just got the tape from Sky and edited it without having to send a whole production team to another match, cutbacks within the BBC will be the cause here

Bring back Saint and Greavsie and Friday night games. We got more coverage than Man Utd in them days :)

Just highlights the fact that 'lower level' sports are not considered as worthy of airplay as the glossy moneyspinners. I can watch slightly extended matchplay on Blues Player, but even that seems shorter than it used to be.
But the consolation I get is being able to see the faces of our players when they are playing rather than barely being able to see the ball if I were somewhere like Old Trafford (and can actually afford to get in!). If I were a prem side supporter, I might get to see more on telly but would lose out at the pitch.

Yeh, disappointing after the opening shots of the Southend team getting off the coach, then sitting through the other rubbish that is L1 (seems a bad div these days?) then having to watch all that cack about Creepy Crawly, only to be shown as much on Southend as bloomin Accrington.
Hey, ho, say we are top of the league, say we are top of the league. Don't think Crawly are much kop anyhow, think the Dons will overtake them, though we are a good side and even though i'm not a betting man, i did tell my old man to put something on us at the start of the season when we were 25-1, which he duly reminded me about in an excited phone call from Lincolnshire last night, bless him.

I stopped watching the Football League Show a long time ago as the football kept on getting in the way of the shots of the players' coach arriving at the ground.

To be fair to the BBC their football league programmes are a massive improvement on the ITV effort the "Championship" which was a plie of patronising poo, and also if there were no Championship games played on a weekend there was no programme.
The title would have been a bit misleading though.

Just watched it and can't see what the fuss is all about. It made sense to show Crawley's game first as it was before ours and they had the opportunity to overtake us before we played. And as BLUEBLOOD wrote, it was live on Sky so there was more material for them to use and also more scope for interviews.

And canveyshrimper is spot on about the godawful The Championship on ITV. Admittedly all ITV's football coverage is tripe but that programme was shocking, especially their willingness to edit out various goals in Leagues 1 and 2.

And canveyshrimper is spot on about the godawful The Championship on ITV. Admittedly all ITV's football coverage is tripe but that programme was shocking, especially their willingness to edit out various goals in Leagues 1 and 2.

Edited for verbosity.

Have to agree with Crowstone Crevette about Football League Show. I was really looking forward to an entended programme in the absence of the overpaid prima donnas of the Premier League (yawn). I usually skip Bore of the Day to watch the League Show but found that I had to wait until nearly Sunday to watch an excuse of a programme. We got less rather than more this week. Still it's better than nothing at all I suppose.

Rant over - I feel much better now. Onwards & upwards you Blues!
:smile:

Back