• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The FA's priorities

kaymac

Coach
The Football Association has written to a number of non-league clubs warning they will be relegated if they do not make their dressing rooms larger.

They currently need to be a minimum of 12 square metres in the seventh and eighth tiers, but that will increase to 18 square metres by 31 March 2019.

Clubs that fail to complete the work by the end of July will be relegated.

Full article....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46047599

Doesn't really go with their ethos of supporting "grass roots football".

On one hand, you could say it's generous of the FA to pay 70% of the costs and give them 4 years to do it.

On the other hand, most clubs at that level, can't afford to pay players wages let and have non payed staff on their books just to keep running, let alone find the other 30% of the costs of building an extension to their changing rooms.
The FA may as well call it 99%, if the club is flat broke, its flat broke. and can't afford it.

Who knows how the mental mind of the FA works?

Currently there's 228 teams between the 2 tiers, (88 in the 7th tier & 140 in the 8th tier), so say.. half of them comply with the rule, that means the FA will still have to relegate 114 clubs to the 9th tier.

Assuming the 9th tier clubs can't afford the changing room expense either, so therefore can't be promoted either, and no one can be promoted from the 10th tier to the 9th at the end of this season.

So on that 50% basis, next season, the 9th tier, will go from 277 teams to 391 teams, adding an on an average of 8 teams to each division, and raising it from a 38 match season to a 54 match season.

Madness, I can't see this working out.

When you consider the Sky deal was £8b? over 3 years.....A 10% football tax would give the top 800 non league clubs £1m each....That would mean 3G training pitches, club house, floodlights, decent changing rooms. Plus the opportunity to be self sufficient and part of the local community for years.

Didn't know where to put this, Anyway. it seems that the FA have other priorities, such as asking every premier league club for £250,000 so they can give Richard Scudamore a £5 million farewell gift.

Never mind spending it on "grass roots football", lets just give £5 million to a bloke that is already a millionaire.

More on it here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46197761

...and the Prem's new top-dog is someone named Susanna Dinnage, no football background but recruited from the world of media ! Says it all...

Didn't know where to put this, Anyway. it seems that the FA have other priorities, such as asking every premier league club for £250,000 so they can give Richard Scudamore a £5 million farewell gift.

Never mind spending it on "grass roots football", lets just give £5 million to a bloke that is already a millionaire.

More on it here:

Absolutely sickening. He was being paid £2.5m per year. Better if they clubs thought more of their many fans than one individual.

...and the Prem's new top-dog is someone named Susanna Dinnage, no football background but recruited from the world of media ! Says it all...

Yeah read somewhere that she was in charge of "Animal planet" on the Discovery Channel, hardly football related is it.

The new appointment sounds like a box ticking exercise for the PC brigade.

As for the money for Scuadmore, if I was any one of those club’s chairman I would tell them where to stick it!

Yeah read somewhere that she was in charge of "Animal planet" on the Discovery Channel, hardly football related is it.
It's not particularly surprising that a league that bends to Sky's every demand has appointed someone from TV rather than football. If they had someone from a football background then they might decide letting the fans go to matches at reasonable times is more important than another few million from Sky if they rearrange it to a stupid day, and the shareholders won't like that. By getting someone from TV they'll be on Sky's side from the start and she can probably even make suggestions on how they can exploit fans even more.

More on it here:

Thought this was a wind up, but it is apparently true?

Outrageous and sickening, considering his annual salary total disrespect for grass roots football

Give the money to children in need instead

The clubs have accepted the payment and so has Richard Scudamore who will get £5m over 3 years. Absolutely unbelieveable!

The clubs have accepted the payment and so has Richard Scudamore who will get £5m over 3 years. Absolutely unbelieveable!

I couldn't believe it either, when i saw it on the evening news.

Every single one of them payed up!!.. A couple of "un-named" clubs complained about it, but i'm sure it was just for a press soundbite to appease the fans anger over it...however as i said, they all coughed up anyway.

So back to Scudamore,.... and the initial post about the FA punishing non league sides......

He's received £40 Million in wages since 1999, apparently has a £2 Million+ pension pot and now gets £5 Million as a golden goodbye present for ruining the beautiful game.

Whilst non league local teams within small communities are struggling to stay alive, let alone finding the money to expand a changing room by 10 metres, is quite mind boggling.

I would have liked to think, considering the amount of bad press its got, he will turn it down and hand it over to local community football projects.

However, this is Scudamore and the FA, so i won't hold my breath...... after all,... the rich will only keep getting richer, and the smaller clubs will only struggle to exist further.

Last edited:
In contrast, Selkirk FC got fined £250 for not fulfilling two fixtures. They couldn't pay it so got another £500 fine (Where's the logic in that?!).

Fort William FC has appealed to fans for help in travel costs (£10,000 p.a.).

FA Chief Executive Martin Glenn is to leave at the end of the season, no doubt he will want £5 million also.

Back