• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I didn't even go to the game and I'm pretty much bored of this already.

-Daryl's a decent keeper

-His decisions aren't as good as we thought, apparently.

-when players are sent off, they should just walk, not have a go at officials. That's nothing short of disgraceful.

-I hope the fine suggestion is in relation to his misconduct with the lino and not the sending off. If you fine him for rushing out, why not fine him for a cross he doesn't claim. Perhaps a goal kick that barely crosses the halfway line.

-We should have had a keeper ont he bench but this is very easy to say with hindsight. Apart from Bart's injury, when was the last time we needed a sub keeper

Anyway, why can't we just take the positives of a let-off

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Its grim up north! @ Oct. 10 2004,12:08)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Technician @ Oct. 10 2004,01:49)]There has been lengthy debates about both GK's since we signed Bart in the summer and to be honest, there is little to choose between them.

Granted, our performances have improved since Darryl has been between the sticks, but that [IMHO] is not entirely down to him, but the team collectively. I wouldn't give him more credit for our improved performances than he deserves, nor imply that I have a preference for either.

I do suspect however, that he will be available before Bart is ready to return to action and just MAY be lucky enough to keep his place in the squad after his suspension...  
wow.gif

Really thought that there was around 7000 fans at the Hall last night... The East & South were full and the atmosphere was electric, everyone was singing and but for Boston only scraping together a measily handful of fans, I think we could easily have exceeded that figure!

It's a real shame we can't have some of the North Bank for games like this. If we find ourselves in the top 3 at any stage during the season, we will certainly fill the West, East & South stands comfortably, but still only have around 7000 fans in the ground and excluding sterile areas, there will be some 3500 seats going to waste for a handful of away fans...

I wonder if RM has considered this, as financially the club would benefit immensely... He could use the "sterile" block X [West], which holds probably 400 or so and the North West corner holds another 5-600 and he could spend a bit of money segregating the North Bank [Adding an access gate, which could be manned on matchdays and blanket covering the seats not being used, wouldn't cost a lot!]. It's potentially another 1000 seats that could be used, without infringing Health and Safety. Access to these areas would be from the northern side [rear] of the West Stand, whilst the away fans would still gain access the ground from Fairfax Drive and enter the ground from the North-East turnstyles...  
wow.gif

I know the idea of getting the North Stand back has been "done to death" but until we move to a new home, we really need to make the best of what's available to the club and IMHO I think this could be feasible.

UP THE SHRIMPERS  
blues.gif
Yeah spot on Techy!

I know I would be tempted to change my ST again!

Especially if it meant watching from the North Bank!

If we were to get into the top three at any stage (which I strongly believe we will), then imaging the atmosphere there!

Could at least try it for one game?

wow.gif
I wasn't quite referring to the North Stand as in "behind the goal" though Chris, but rather the North-West corner which is basically a sterile zone nowadays. If something could be worked out in the North, that would indeed be fantastic but realistically... it's unlikely we would get our wish!

What I am referring to, is a simplistic option to increasing our HOME capacity, should we achieve the heady heights of a top three placing, as this is likely to result in bigger gates... if we continue to average the sort of gates we had on Friday [for a mid-table club] we'll be laughing, but TBH I can see us filling the West, East and South... and TURNING FLOATING SUPPORTERS AWAY, BECAUSE WE CAN'T SEAT THEM!, and we don't want to be sending out that kind of message, if we are to move to FF in a couple of years time!

IMHO any work that would be needed for segregation need not cost a fortune for a club running a tight ship budgetwise and indeed some of the protective infrastructure is already in place! why should we give the Away teams like the O's, the sheepshaggers [who we play on Saturday] and the like, a choice of some 3500 seats...? most premiersh*te clubs don't give away supporters that many tickets!

You know... the more I talk about it, the easier it sounds! I wonder if RM will be in tomorrow?  
wink.gif

Trev.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Oct. 09 2004,00:39)]2) Flahavan is a knob.  He KNEW he was the only keeper, yet he handled the ball outside the area.  It would have been better to have conceded a goal and stayed with 11 men.  We would have won 4 or 5-1, such was our dominance.  Instead he has let us down, and then petulantly thrown his wristbands onto the pitch as he was walking off, having severely abused the linesman for giving a perfectly correct decision.
Very, very harsh.

I was sitting with Darryl in the second half and he said that there guy was clean through. If he didn't close the angle then he scores, he said he didn't even think about it and came charging out as the keeper should. You don't have time to think in these situations.

Their forward has tried to lob the keeper, Darryl has done what he should do and make himself big and it's hit hip top arm/shoulder and was definately ball to arm then arm to ball having also seen the reply.

I'd be pretty frustrated in that situation too if I was him.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]he said he didn't even think about it and came charging out as the keeper should.

I think that's the bit I have the real problem with Scriv... it was such a bad decision to charge out at all... having seen the replay he was at least 20 yards out when he handled the ball and probably 3 yards from the attacker... that means that to get the ball he had made a misjudgement of at least 5 yards which is appalling decision making.

Having got there I accept he did what keepers do, but my main gripe is that he felt the need to rush out at all.

From what I saw on SSN the ball hit his left hand.  I didn't see it hit the shoulder at all.

I must admit that I was very disappointed in his attitude when he walked.  he must have known deep down that the ball hit his hand.  There was no dispute that he was outside the area.  It was a fair cop and I think players should accept that when they have been caught out.  I would have more respect for him AS A PERSON if he had done that although again, frustration and the realisation of what he had just done and the consequences had maybe just dawned.

It smacked of trying to blame someone else for your own mistakes which is something I deplore.  Harsh?  Don't think so.

Personal view only, obviously.  From the responses some agree and some don't, so I'm not alone.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (fbm @ Oct. 10 2004,23:21)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] ]he said he didn't even think about it and came charging out as the keeper should.

I think that's the bit I have the real problem with Scriv... it was such a bad decision to charge out at all... having seen the replay he was at least 20 yards out when he handled the ball and probably 3 yards from the attacker... that means that to get the ball he had made a misjudgement of at least 5 yards which is appalling decision making.

Having got there I accept he did what keepers do, but my main gripe is that he felt the need to rush out at all.

From what I saw on SSN the ball hit his left hand.  I didn't see it hit the shoulder at all.

I must admit that I was very disappointed in his attitude when he walked.  he must have known deep down that the ball hit his hand.  There was no dispute that he was outside the area.  It was a fair cop and I think players should accept that when they have been caught out.  I would have more respect for him AS A PERSON if he had done that although again, frustration and the realisation of what he had just done and the consequences had maybe just dawned.

It smacked of trying to blame someone else for your own mistakes which is something I deplore.  Harsh?  Don't think so.

Personal view only, obviously.  From the responses some agree and some don't, so I'm not alone.
I think it would have dawned on Darryl on Saturday morning that he made a grave error in judgement and will have to miss at least one game [haven't seen the FA report yet, but know people have suggested one game as foul play was not involved]. He will also realise that it puts the club [and Tilson] in a very awkward position, having to get a keeper in on loan possibly for a month.

If I were Darryl, I would want a hole to open up beneath me and I am sure this is how he is feeling...

On a positive note, the number of minor setbacks we have had since the beginning of the season, are partly the cause of our inconsistency so far, but let's face it... the League 2 table doesn't lie! we are comfortably mid-table and whilst 3 of the next 4 games are against tough opposition:-

Swansea, Sc**thorpe, Shrewsbury & Northampton

I am sure we can stay in the mix. Swansea & Sc**thorpe [Top and Second] definitely won't roll over, but when our lads play like they did on Friday, we can be more than a match for anyone.

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (McScriven @ Oct. 10 2004,23:17)]Their forward has tried to lob the keeper, Darryl has done what he should do and make himself big and it's hit hip top arm/shoulder and was definately ball to arm then arm to ball having also seen the reply.
He deliberately raised his arms with the objective of making himself big and preventing a goal, whether it was ball to arm (shoulder) or not is irrelevant as the rules currently stand.

Having said all that I strongly disagree with the abuse he is getting for it.

Would anyone be sticking up for Darryl if we had gone onto lose that game 3-2?

My gripe is with Tes !!!

Too many times when he was in goal he just hoofed the ball or palmed the ball out for corners....and he was slow coming off his line !
biggrin.gif

You guys do make me smile......we did win didn't we ?

There are too many what if's !!!

What if kylie was in Southend this weekend and i knocked her bandy ?

thing is it didn't happen....and WE DIDN'T lose.

Start worrying when we start losing...2 points off forth place and there are still people worrying...lol

Back