• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ Aug. 21 2005,11:05)]So do you want players to come in no matter what standard they are? Personally I'd rather have one more player that will contribute something than 5 who won't.

Tilson said earlier in the season that he could have gone out and signed 5 players the next day had he wanted to. He didn't because they wouldn't be good enough. Who then do you want him to sign?
No i dont want just anybody and i applaud the decision to take time over signings, but in my opinion Tilly has taken too much time. I may be able to accept the delay if he were targeting one or two top performers to bolster the side but we also need a few steady squad players to fill in the gaps. All clubs have these kind of players, not every team member is an automatic first team choice and there are hoards of players with clubs that accept they are only bit part players. They know their limitations and the role they are to play at the club. The role is made even harder though when they have no previous experience of how the side plays and have not had the opportunity to get on the same wave length as the rest of the players. Yes we could get lucky and bring in some lads that do the business but when we are dipping into the market out of necessity we are also just as likely to get players that detract from the side. Tilly even said he was putting other signings on the back burner until he had acquired the so called six figure striker. Well that did not materialise unless we have paid through the nose for a guy who had already settled for his bus pass and pension, namely Goater. He may well do a job, who knows? But if you are telling me Tilly could not do anything else in the transfer market because of his pursuance of Goater then I would say he is not quite telling the truth. Whether Goater or some other Championship target signed or not we still needed a number of steady eddies. Its time the talking and the delaying ended and some action was taken. I somehow think there is more to this matter than at first seems obvious.
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 20 2005,21:56)]stuff like the numbers cracking aint nothing to do with me, u print them on for 20-30 seconds - i own up to petts shirt, but all the others are fine
petts shirt looked awful!

Personally, I agree with his approach to signing players. He doesn't want people in unless they are very committed and have some ability.

As for the loan signings, Tilly did the business last year when we needed loan signings (and indeed one of them is now a regular in the SPL) and I trust him to do it again. I think he will have developed decent contacts and I think he will use them when right.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (The General @ Aug. 21 2005,11:36)]I'd like Junior Agogo or Grant Holt, please Tilly!

cool.gif
After seeing his goals at Torquay, I'd definitely like Agogo!

Back