• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

rabbloke

Coach
Here we go. Tilly has now said he has to dip into the transfer market to bring in two or three fringe players. We should already have them. They should have jelled with the team and be ready and raring to go. Now we have to hope that we can find something half committed or able that may have to be in the first team squad from day one. Hindsight is a wonderful thing but even Stevie Wonder could have seen this coming. Our first four games have yielded a number of promising performances and results. I hope the stupidity of not bringing in enough players is not going to knacker the forseeable season. Eastwood out, Goater half fit, Lawson untried. Smith still not up to ninety minutes, Cole coming to terms with the rigours of professional football, Maher, Bentley, Prior and Edwards all fighting off injury niggles and Jupp out with hamstring problems. That is a comment about more than half of our squad. Come on Tilly, I accept you wanted to wait for the right players but 91 other clubs and managers have spotted them by now. Lampard and Essien are not coming to Roots Hall.
mad.gif

What I don't understand is the need for 'fringe players'. Bugger that we need competition for places, certainly up front. We're in dire need of a striker landing on our mat in the next week because a 60% Goater and what probably is now a completely knackered Gray with no back up for 3 games is slightly worrying.

Another worry for me. The stupid Atkins like decision not to have a keeper on the bench. Are we looking to shoot ourselves in the foot or something? Madness.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Aug. 20 2005,19:42)]I accept you wanted to wait for the right players but 91 other clubs and managers have spotted them by now.
It does amuse me that you seem to think Tilson isn't constantly looking at players.

I'm positive all other 91 teams in the league aren't looking for any more players at all as you suggest. Yeovil are delighted with their squad as they sit bottom of the division and Forest really don't need a forward at all as they fail to score again. Everyone apart from us is fine.

I doubt we can afford to sign too many more players that could push for a first team place. I agree that we need backup players, but I'd imagine it's not especially easy to find someone that is both good enough and not even likely to make the bench.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Aug. 20 2005,19:48)]Another worry for me. The stupid Atkins like decision not to have a keeper on the bench. Are we looking to shoot ourselves in the foot or something? Madness.
If push come to shove, Mark Bentley is able to play in goal though. He's a good keeper
smile.gif

Not as good as Bart though I imagine.
rock.gif
tounge.gif

Oh, and sorry to go straight to you for this. But another disappointment for me today was my inability to get a new Away Shirt. There were 4 large adult ones left, and every one of them had some nasty looking dirty mark on them in some place. Any idea as to when there will be some around that don't look like they've been worn?

they prob been where people have tried them on, or droped the on the floor. Being white, they get dirty quick
rock.gif
I think there were some behind the counter, did you ask at the till?

i'm not sure what was left as i had the be a securtiy guard at the back of the shop
sad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 20 2005,20:40)]they prob been where people have tried them on, or droped the on the floor. Being white, they get dirty quick
rock.gif

i'm not sure what was left as i had the be a securtiy guard at the back of the shop  
sad.gif
I didn't ask behind the till because there was a big queue and I didn't really want to have to wait around only to be told no.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Aug. 20 2005,20:47)]heard a rumour that bart is on his way out !
not true atall - i printed him a brand new shirt yesterday.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 20 2005,21:03)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (bas blue @ Aug. 20 2005,20:47)]heard a rumour that bart is on his way out !
not true atall - i printed him a brand new shirt yesterday.
Shame you did not re-print Pettefer's shirt! That 11 looks like a block!

The No 4 on the back of Hunt's shirt is cracking up already. Own up, who printed that one.
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 20 2005,20:40)]they prob been where people have tried them on, or droped the on the floor. Being white, they get dirty quick
rock.gif

sad.gif
You..........a security guard?

laugh.gif

Dear oh dear, things are tight!

I would of thought the old girl in laundry would be more of a deterrent!

tounge.gif

stuff like the numbers cracking aint nothing to do with me, u print them on for 20-30 seconds - i own up to petts shirt, but all the others are fine

[b said:
I could do a Napster on that subject ...

(oh ... i am !!)

Another worry for me. The stupid Atkins like decision not to have a keeper on the bench. Are we looking to shoot ourselves in the foot or something? Madness.
Went down to boots and laces on thursday morning and saw bart. he was limping with an ice pack on his thigh - he said that he had strained it.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (neil @ Aug. 20 2005,20:15)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (rabbloke @ Aug. 20 2005,19:42)]I accept you wanted to wait for the right players but 91 other clubs and managers have spotted them by now.
It does amuse me that you seem to think Tilson isn't constantly looking at players.

I'm positive all other 91 teams in the league aren't looking for any more players at all as you suggest. Yeovil are delighted with their squad as they sit bottom of the division and Forest really don't need a forward at all as they fail to score again. Everyone apart from us is fine.

I doubt we can afford to sign too many more players that could push for a first team place. I agree that we need backup players, but I'd imagine it's not especially easy to find someone that is both good enough and not even likely to make the bench.
I did not suggest 91 teams are still looking. They have already done it. As for Yeovil they signed another player in the last 48 hours, have a much bigger squad than us, unsuccessful as yet but bigger and did not dilly dally about. Or is that Tilly Tarry?. I also did not suggest that Tilly was not still looking only that he has dragged his feet over it and it could be to our cost. With the very small squad we had, the number of players released, the signing of just two players was unlikely to be beneficial. Tilly might get lucky but the teams fortunes should not rely on lady luck.
rock.gif

So do you want players to come in no matter what standard they are? Personally I'd rather have one more player that will contribute something than 5 who won't.

Tilson said earlier in the season that he could have gone out and signed 5 players the next day had he wanted to. He didn't because they wouldn't be good enough. Who then do you want him to sign?

Back