• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Fishing Thread.

Still hooked? All quiet on the pike front?Have you sussed it yet?So much 2 learn so little time ....Up date please....

Joined a pike forum in November, had a "fish meet" in the Norfolk Broads at the weekend and finally, finally got into my first pike...a whopping 22lb!
Once i work out how to put pictures up here i'll show you them!
Over the moon, a specimen river pike on my first catch, what a way to start!

Has anybody every fished churchgate fisheries? am off to check it out tomorrow morning and see whats its all about but thought id ask

http://www.churchgatelakes.co.uk/

I do know that when my mate went last year he was asked by the bailiff to put any big catches into the member's lake:stunned:
So if it's big carp you're after don't be suprised if you don't catch on the day ticket waters. Let me know how it went mate.

I do know that when my mate went last year he was asked by the bailiff to put any big catches into the member's lake:stunned:
So if it's big carp you're after don't be suprised if you don't catch on the day ticket waters. Let me know how it went mate.

oh right well spoke to him today and nothing like that was said, the top lake has 20lbs plus in it and the main lake has some nice cat in it

was ment to be going next week but seing as i could have a job by then thats been blown out the water :)

but if i do go then ill let you know

Joined a pike forum in November, had a "fish meet" in the Norfolk Broads at the weekend and finally, finally got into my first pike...a whopping 22lb!

Long over On due. to start with a 20 you must be over the moon. onward and upwards 30 next target. Well done bet the old heart was pounding !!!!!!

Seen picture of said fish and your good self in the echo....nice one...

Seen picture of said fish and your good self in the echo....nice one...

You mean this one.............................................Today i have started up the Essex region of the PAC (pike angling club) and will be having guest speakers, fish-ins and meetings with members and non-members alike all welcome.
The PAC is the single most club concerned with the welfare of pike in the UK and have regional assemblies all over the UK.
If anyone wants to know how or where to fish pike then get along to one of our talks/meets. Pm me in the first instance for general enquiries.
Thanks, Sean. (well it beats stressing over Southend)

Last edited:
Well I got right back into my fishing again Joined a little club water in whie rodding just out side of Chelmsford, yet to blank but it just isnt fishing well I managed to bag myself a 19 lb 2 oz mirror which happends to be the biggest out for 2 months.

I have a week off from the 1st of October and dont really fancy fishing club water can anyone know of anywhere good with a good head of 20s plus, with no more then a 2 hour drive

Back