• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question The Flight debate..

Davros

The Whippet
Away from the issue of the credit crunch, there is another burning debate that i feel can be ignited on the SZ front...

With airline charging more and more for add on's, is it about time a persons weight should be considered when booking a flight?

I understand this is an area, which in todays over PC world will probably not get touched on by the airlines, but i get bloody annoyed when i get persecuted for my bag being 1kg over the poxy weight limit... only to turn round and see some morbidly obese people behind me in the queue who will take up a darn sight more fuel than me!

Im not saying to weight everybody, but perhaps have a 18stone weight limit, and if you are over this you have to pay more (unless you can prove it is down to a medical condition obviously)

What are peoples views on this?

Maybe the way of doing this is for the government to adjust the fuel duty levied on plane tickets, depending on the individual's weight. This would encourage healthy eating and potentially save the NHS millions of pounds a year (at least until people start taking up smoking to try and lose some weight).

at least until people start taking up smoking to try and lose some weight).

They could always try the Electronic cigarette - and smoke it on the plane.

Back