• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It's easy to be critical and point the finger at certain organisations - after all, it's nearly impossible to get all decisions right and even with the best of intentions, not everything goes true to plan or comes to fruitition.

But then there is F.I.F.A. who are simply bonkers (and allegedly corrupt) and then the Football Association who come a close second. I suppose I should add "in my opinion".

And now suddenly the chairman says the F.A. does not represent those supporting the game.

Has he just realised that fans have no representation! I can hardly type such is my incredulity at the crass nature of this man's pronouncements.

I wonder what else might be brought to his attention. Does he think that club chairmen are fluffy, cuddly individuals and that they run clubs for our own benefit rather than self-aggrandisement?

Perhaps he thought the F.A.s assistance in setting up the Premierchumps League was for philanthropic reasons.

To top it all, we effectively pay for him by going through the turnstiles, we provide him with a plush car, large pension and expenses and trips abroad (not to mention free entry to games) and all he can do is state the obvious.

My 3 year old cross breed dog could do a better job.

The statements and policy coming from Dyke might be suggesting that worry is setting in at the FA and they are becoming aware of how fed up an awful lot of supporters are of the "BIG" time clubs and the English league's set up/weaken national side.
I understand Rattus being annoyed with the obvious being stated however I think it is a step forward in that problems are at least being recognised.

I have said for ages we will never win any international competition again as long as teams are able to field 11 foreign players.

The only good that has come out of that is that the quality in the lower leagues is much better than it was 20 years ago.

Most premiership fans must be bored shirtless at times. If your a hammer you simply make up numbers and compete in one sided games against man city etc.

That's why we all love lower league football . Real fans at real clubs and not much interference from the fa as they only want to talk premier league.

Tommy2holes;1648671 That's why we all love lower league football . Real fans at real clubs and not much interference from the fa as they only want to talk premier league.[/QUOTE said:
True at the moment. Let's hope it stays that way and 'B' team Prem sides don't appear over the horizon to bugger it all up!!

That's another thing - the F.A. promotes their cup competition (with a tasteless North American beer sponsor :dim:) with it's history and the glory facing small clubs playing against clubs many places above them ....... and then comes out with plans that could undermine that very same pyramid system.

Dyke is the same as many fa chairman before him,clueless ,gutless...we need Football people in charge,not a former itv bloke..time now(and has been for decades) for revulsion, not evolution......power to the people(or fans):smile:

Dyke is the same as many fa chairman before him,clueless ,gutless...we need Football people in charge,not a former itv bloke..time now(and has been for decades) for revulsion, not evolution......power to the people(or fans):smile:

....... certainly plenty of revulsion already; now about that revolution :winking:

There are people who put money into the game and there are people who take money out.

Supporters fall into one category and Greg Dyke and his cronies the other.

Now Gary L has told a paper article/piece on the FIFA, Blabber, World Cup bids and the corruption that surrounds it all!
No new news there then; stating the blooming obvious BUT well done Old Big Ears..............how about something else from him about the state of the domestic association and top flight "English" clubs?

Back