• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Now i know we have a thread in the ex-shrimpers for Freddy, but i thought it would be easier to start a new one to shed some light on Fred's situation up there.

Here is some info i have just got on a Wolves messageboard after posting a thread...

This is my post;

Hi.

Southend fan here. Haven't been on this board since the day(s) when Freddy signed for you.

Anyways, after a blistering start to his Wolves career, whats happened to him?? Can anyone shed any light on this for me? Just wanted to know why he is not playing, etc- i know you have a lot of strikers now, especially after signing Kyle and E-Blake in January! Do u agree with him being left out and only used sparingly?

Would be nice if someone could shed some light as to why he hasn't got much of a look in lately, and if he is going out on loan etc!?

Thanks.

P.S. Good luck for the remainder of the season, five points behind the play-offs, and with a game in hand, you have got a good chance!

And this is a Wolves' fans post;

'Strange situation to be honest, mate. The fans' opinion is fairly divided into three camps about Eastwood. There are those who were very impressed with his goalscoring exploits to begin with, who now think he has not been given a fair chance by McCarthy. Then there are those who feel he's shown some promise in his performances, but would like to see him up his workrate and get his head down and play for the team. Finally, there are those who think he's too lazy to make anything of himself and think he should be moved on in the summer'.

'The biggest problem for Eastwood was caused by a local newspaper, the Express & Star. When he was first dropped by McCarthy, who wanted Freddy to work harder for the team, the paper proceeded to whip up something of a frenzy amongst supporters to get Eastwood included in the squad. Admittedly, McCarthy did drop a couple of huge clangers with some of his comments to the press, but the paper continued to turn the situation into something of a saga by bringing it back everytime they had no stories to fill up the back page of their rag. Once this had happened, it had backed McCarthy into a difficult situation. If he brings Eastwood back in now and he performs well, he'll have to admit he was wrong to leave him out, and he's far to stubborn to do that, so we now see Eastwood getting 5-10 minute cameos at the end of games'.

'My personal opinion is that Eastwood is suffering from no longer being the 'big fish in a small pond' and is not enjoying having to work for his starting place. I don't think he is the natural goalpoacher that we expected to see when he joined either, as he seems unwilling to get into the penalty area when we are attacking and prefers to drop back for a ball outside the box for a long-range effort'.

Did they really think they were gtting a goal poacher ?

Nothing could be further from the truth.

Ask your m8 to post to Wolves site, McCarthy is too pig & big headed for his own good.

his laziness was always going to be his down-fall in my eyes, such a talent but his body language off the balls isn't the best and gives of the wrong impression much like gower. quality player is our freddy but i think he should move on in the summer.

They are right with what they say, but if that is what they were expecting, then had not done their homework at all

agreed - you only have to watch the Destination Championship DVD to know he is not a poacher.

I also think, IMO, that the fracas Freddy got involved in when he came back to Bas Vegas after being dropped did not help his cause.

Poor old Fred - another case of the grass not always being greener.....

"Poor old Fred" - should think hes a quite wealthy young man -

managing talent is part of a managers job - and McCarthey cannot handle talent - he can handle journey men and old pros but not players with a streak of genius -

i think Fred would have thrived under a decent boss - his ability was never being streched at SUFC but couldn't have thought of a worse match than him and McCARTHEY - Hopefully he will get a move in the summer or more likely McCarthey will -

I don't think a quiet season like this will do Fred any harm in the long run.....

Good to see Freddy at the match on Saturday with is son in East Stand Blues.. watching his Southend play

I think me an Lads scared Freddy a bit All very ****ed and every time we walked passed him we would sing

THERES ONLY FREDDY EASTWOOD THERES ONLY FREDDY EASTWOOD:clap:

I Think its aloud of B***X if you ask me,

Yes we gained how ever much Wolves payed us, but in Freddy we lost are main goal scoring threat and lets be honest we havent replaced him.

I agree with what you all say about his laziness ect ect, but we have lost a goal scorer for what?

Someone to sit on then bench week in week out.

What a waste

Come home Freddy :D

I Think its aloud of B***X if you ask me,

Yes we gained how ever much Wolves payed us, but in Freddy we lost are main goal scoring threat and lets be honest we havent replaced him.

I agree with what you all say about his laziness ect ect, but we have lost a goal scorer for what?

Someone to sit on then bench week in week out.

What a waste

Come home Freddy :D

Don't see it happening, somehow ;).

Good to see Freddy at the match on Saturday with is son in East Stand Blues.. watching his Southend play

I think me an Lads scared Freddy a bit All very ****ed and every time we walked passed him we would sing

THERES ONLY ONE FREDDY EASTWOOD THERES ONLY ONE FREDDY EASTWOOD:clap:

Should be surely?

Would love to be proved wrong but I truly would love to see Fred come back but cannot think it is going to happen. A move here - at least until the end of this season would be great for all involved but I am sure if Wolves sent him out on loan that there would be plenty of other clubs (Championship standard certainly) who would be willing to give him a go as well as Southend.

One thing I do hear is that he regularly phones Tilly every week (that coming from a very good source) but we will soon see if these rumours that we have heard here several times before, this time do come to anything.

bit bored of the freddy coming back rumour, obviously i wouldn't say no but i think we just need to get over the fact he's gone. when all fit i'm pretty happy with our strikers although i would like a big target man.

also really think freddy would really class it as admitting defeat by coming back to us. just can't see him wanting to do that.

Been alot of talk about him coming to Swansea on loan and maybe signing for us if we get promotion, the link being playing for Wales under the watchfull eye of John Toshack who is a regular at the Liberty. Dont know how much truth is in it

Been alot of talk about him coming to Swansea on loan and maybe signing for us if we get promotion, the link being playing for Wales under the watchfull eye of John Toshack who is a regular at the Liberty. Dont know how much truth is in it

I think that most clubs fans have heard they are after him through someone, because lets face everyone would love to have hi because they know he is quality, everyone except MM that is!!

He has a good record when Swansea are playing thats for sure, 5 goals in 2 games I can think of very quickly

ref: wolves fan small fish in a big pond indeed,when was the last time you won the prem or cup,your not famous any more you pratt

Eastwood to Coventry is the latest rumour to surface... Unfortunately I can see a bit of substance in this one with the Welsh/Chris Coleman link.

Back