• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

WESTY_SUFC

Just an idea to run over people and get opinions.

I myself would love Freddy to sign for us again. I also understand that the club has to run by a budget. The last thing we all want is another scenario of a few years ago.

As an idea how would people feel about donating to a signing on fee for Freddy to maybe bridge the possible gap in what Freddy wants and what the club can afford a tiny bit? I know it wouldn't go a long way but would show Freddy and the club how much the fans want him here even more than they already know.

Other clubs have raised funds for player transfer in the past which has been successful.

I don't want to start with amounts yet but who would consider donating and what ideas have others got to raising a fund for this to happen?

As much as most people would like Freddy to sign I think this is not a good idea.

If we manage to sign Freddy it will be on a free transfer, topping up payments or sigining on fee could cause resentment amongst other players.

It's up to Freddy if he signs, he and the club have to come to an arrangement that is commensurate to both parties.

It is surprising how little you can raise through supporters. Even when we thought we were going into administration the amounts raised werent very much, youd have no chance in raising anything significant for Freddy.

Additionally if it happened and then Freddy didnt score 10 goals in his first 10 games there would be a massive backlash. "We paid him and he isnt trying blah blah blah". There was some ridiculous negativity from a minority when he came back who seemed to want him to fail. I had one infamous banned user sending me messages that he told me so that Freddy had been a failure. Totally beyond me why. (Especially as he scored more goals in the 8 games he applied in (some as sub) than Dickinsons last 8 games).

Leave the club to sort it out, if we can afford him we can, if we cant then unfortunately he will go elsewhere.

If we need to pay a fee for a bloke who plays football for a living to come to Roots Hall then seriously if that made a difference well he can quite simply go and find another club to play for. Either he wants to come here or he doesn't. Our funds won't make a difference.

sorry, but i don't think someone who has been on 6 or 7k a week (circa £350k a year) for the last few season and will still be on around £100k a year really needs any of my money!

While we're at it, shall we have a collection for Bob Diamonds leaving card?

sorry, but i don't think someone who has been on 6 or 7k a week (circa £350k a year) for the last few season and will still be on around £100k a year really needs any of my money!

While we're at it, shall we have a collection for Bob Diamonds leaving card?

I agree he doesn't need the money. When did i say he did?

If thats the case do you think all footballers should play for free once they've earned a certain amount?

You said we should bridge the gap between the club and player for the signing on fee, if what i believe is correct, the signing on fee would be split between Freddy and his agent, hence giving me the impression that the fund would be effectivly used to line Freddy (and his agents) pocket, both of which i feel unnessecary considering the player in question has been earning circa £350k a year for the last few seasons, far more than many of the those who would be donating could ever expect to earn.

I don't agree that anyone should work for free, that is effectivly slave labour, i believe the player should be paid by his employers, not direct by the employers customers. If Tesco are short on staff, i wouldn't go around taking money out of my own pocket to try and get people to work for them, i would expect the money i already pay for my groceries would go towards that.

I agree he doesn't need the money. When did i say he did?

If thats the case do you think all footballers should play for free once they've earned a certain amount?

There should be a wage cap at the top level.
Why the **** should pro footballers have my hard earned cash to sign when they already get my money through admission fees. Lucky as **** to have that lifestyle and earn great wedge.

You said we should bridge the gap between the club and player for the signing on fee, if what i believe is correct, the signing on fee would be split between Freddy and his agent, hence giving me the impression that the fund would be effectivly used to line Freddy (and his agents) pocket, both of which i feel unnessecary considering the player in question has been earning circa £350k a year for the last few seasons, far more than many of the those who would be donating could ever expect to earn.

I don't agree that anyone should work for free, that is effectivly slave labour, i believe the player should be paid by his employers, not direct by the employers customers. If Tesco are short on staff, i wouldn't go around taking money out of my own pocket to try and get people to work for them, i would expect the money i already pay for my groceries would go towards that.

Too ****ing right. Freddy is a legend. Get the **** back to Roots Hall Freddy you ****ing legend.

No, i didnt say we 'should'. The word is not used in my first post. This is where your post fails as a response. I certainly dont expect people to part with their cash if they dont want to. It was an idea to see if people were interested.

No, i didnt say we 'should'. The word is not used in my first post. This is where your post fails as a response. I certainly dont expect people to part with their cash if they dont want to. It was an idea to see if people were interested.

My post fails as a response because it doesn't agree with your opinion, or because you choose to pick holes in the words i use? I appreciate you didn't use the word 'should', however, nor did i use the word as a direct quote, i infered it from the fact you were asking of the possibility of a 'Freddy Fund' in the firts place.

Secondly, my post doesn't fail as you ask people how they would feel about donating to a Freddy Fund, and i have explained that i wouldn't and why not.

odd

It is surprising how little you can raise through supporters. Even when we thought we were going into administration the amounts raised werent very much, youd have no chance in raising anything significant for Freddy.

Additionally if it happened and then Freddy didnt score 10 goals in his first 10 games there would be a massive backlash. "We paid him and he isnt trying blah blah blah". There was some ridiculous negativity from a minority when he came back who seemed to want him to fail. I had one infamous banned user sending me messages that he told me so that Freddy had been a failure. Totally beyond me why. (Especially as he scored more goals in the 8 games he applied in (some as sub) than Dickinsons last 8 games).

Leave the club to sort it out, if we can afford him we can, if we cant then unfortunately he will go elsewhere.

(Ahem)....Blue79......(cough) :smile:

My post fails as a response because it doesn't agree with your opinion, or because you choose to pick holes in the words i use? I appreciate you didn't use the word 'should', however, nor did i use the word as a direct quote, i infered it from the fact you were asking of the possibility of a 'Freddy Fund' in the firts place.

Secondly, my post doesn't fail as you ask people how they would feel about donating to a Freddy Fund, and i have explained that i wouldn't and why not.

odd

Your basing that all on assumptions. Others have posted why they don't think its a good idea and i have not responded.

I actually agreed with your points in your first post regarding that Freddy & agent does not need extra money.

Sorry for posting an idea as silly as it may seem towards being generous towards Southend United/Freddy Eastwood.

Interesting all of it- but it looks like the club and Freddy are pretty close to sorting it without our help.

Looks like my donation of a sack of carrots may have worked.

Freddy's horse has apparently heard the news, and is now flying down the A127 bringing his master back home.

freddyeastwood2.jpg

Freddy Eastwood and his horse on his way back home?

It is also rummoured Freddy will be a surprise Olympic Torch bearer on his way to sign on the dotted line. :winking:

Back