• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours The free agents Southend United could look to sign if transfer embargo is lifted

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Now the transfer window is closed until January, I thought we should start a thread for potential out of contract signings who might improve the squad.

We short of league experience up front and the only name I can come up with is Dominic Poleon - not a very exciting prospect as he seems to have bumped around various League 2 clubs and then on loan at Dover. However he's a good age (27) and a former youth team player of ours, so knows the club.

I appreciate it's scraping the barrel, but what other choices are there?

Im available. I'm 51 years old with sore knees but i'm 6 foot 4 , would run through brick walls for the club , i know how to win a tackle , i know how to hassle the opposition off the ball. i know how to pass the ball forward , how to take a throw on without going backwards , how to ping in a free kick from anywhere to make a dangerous attack. I know how to make good runs off the ball into space . I know how to win a header or at least put the opponent off winning it , I know how to anticipate where a ball might drop , or where an opponent is making a run. I can run quicker than half of our team , I can thread a ball down the line into space . i can create space for others by making diversion runs. I can show some passion for wearing the shirt and fist pump to at least make it look like i care a bit. I know how to play at a high tempo & get into the oppositions faces......I can actually pass the ball further than 5 yards!!!!

On second thoughts , Molesley & his miserable mob of faceless coaches wouldn't want any of those skills, so i ll leave it. Thanks.

I Guy i know has just come back from africa coaching, he is a uefa Pro holder and he said to me at this moment in time he would forget his way of playing until this lot can do the basics. He went on to say that it doesnt matter how we win at the minute but any ugly win is better than passing football and losing. He said we are to nice and have to get stuck in an unsettle the opposition

Kevin Stewart (Hull)
Ryan Shotton (Middlesborough)
Duncan Watmore (Sunderland)
Andre Green (Villa)
Jon Flanagan (Rangers)
Jordan Obita (Reading)
Ishmael Miller - theres your big lump

Pretty sure none of those players would even think about coming to play for us!

I doubt we would be able to afford their wages either.

More realistically looking at players under 21 who were released

Craig Davies might be in reach financially, though has had some injury issues.
Although we don't need a central midfielder just now I've always quite liked Hope Akpan.

Last edited:
Kevin Stewart (Hull)
Ryan Shotton (Middlesborough)
Duncan Watmore (Sunderland)
Andre Green (Villa)
Jon Flanagan (Rangers)
Jordan Obita (Reading)
Ishmael Miller - theres your big lump

All of the above are way out of our reach. None of them would be likely to even consider joining Southend.

In the case of Watmore, Obita and Miller this club is a graveyard for forwards right now anyway - in the last 5 league games we've amassed a total of SEVEN corners....that alone shows just how "creative" this dreadful side is. Lewandowski would struggle to score goals in this team.

A happy , healthy Marvin Sordell would have been perfect... still only 29.

Represented TEAM GB in the 2012 Olympics , but , when looking at that squad , its unbelievable how many have been plagued with mental health or other serious problems since. So sad .

Back