• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours The free agents Southend United could look to sign if transfer embargo is lifted

Same here, his record looks decent, Sam Hart is still without a club as well which would be an ideal replacement for Ralph if he's out for a bit.
Really surprised that Sam Hart is a free agent, would love to see him return. Could potentially play left back with Ralph higher up when he returns.

The thing is no one player will sign because of where we are and how poor our reputation is.

An interesting approach might be to invite a group of potential players to a meeting together to show them we mean business and what the group of them could do if they all signed.

Dream on...

The thing is no one player will sign because of where we are and how poor our reputation is.

An interesting approach might be to invite a group of potential players to a meeting together to show them we mean business and what the group of them could do if they all signed.

Dream on...

If you're out of a job though, and have no other options (and want to stay in football) I don't think you'll be that bothered by our reputation

If you're out of a job though, and have no other options (and want to stay in football) I don't think you'll be that bothered by our reputation
Further to this, if you could come to a club like ours as an out of contract player and make an impact, your stock will go up massively.

You won't need to take my approach with bargain basement players. You might if you want some quality. Most decent players that we need at the moment won't even consider us given how low our reputation is.

That said, I can't see that approach even being tried let alone succeeding.

My wish list would be:

Josh Vickers - local lad, good number of games under his belt and at the right end of his career.

Sam Hart - no explanation needed!

Rhys Bennett - big, strong, experienced centre half who would definitely give us more presence at the back.

Rohan Ince - another big, strong lad who would give us something in midfield and not get bullied.

And a decent experienced lump up front, maybe Calvin Andrew. But it’s a bit worrying that we’ve currently only got Acquah for that role.

I like Bennett but he probably would want more than we could offer. Can't see that we would prioritise any central midfielders at the moment tbh.

My wish list would be:

Josh Vickers - local lad, good number of games under his belt and at the right end of his career.
Remember watching Josh Vickers playing for on loan for Concord a few years back. A good confident keeper IMO

Vickers would be an excellent signing IMO. Joel Lynch would also be a decent signing if he has any interest.

Vickers would be an excellent signing IMO. Joel Lynch would also be a decent signing if he has any interest.

Sounds like he wants at least a 2 year deal for a decent wage (says £1,000 a week is low that he believes no League 1 or League 2 club can do with the salary cap).

He does want to stay in England though.

I think we are waiting for embargo’s to be lifted, before we can sign these players on a free.

George Thorne is also available and he suits us perfectly! In the past he has suffered two cruciate ligament ruptures, three thigh strains, two calf injuries, a fractured leg, a dislocated shoulder, and a hamstring injury. Would fit in well with our squad...

Back