• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours The free agents Southend United could look to sign if transfer embargo is lifted

Well that sentence says it all im afraid ,its like a death sentence to our beloved club ,without the embargo being lifted i think we are doomed.Will even the National league allow us to be relegated tothat league or does it look likeits the Essex senior league for us.

Big week coming up for sure. I see three options. 1) Ron pays up in full, embargo lifted, Hope at least we might somehow stay up with some astute signings. 2) The can is kicked further down the road, we partially pay up but get another stay of execution, still under an embargo, relegation to non-league virtually guaranteed but still have a club. 3) Game over, HMRC says enoughs enough. Club wound up, RH boarded up, FF confirmed as the dream that never was. Phoenix club started in Essex Senior League (at best) ground sharing with Great Wakering. What dark times to be a Shrimper..

What a good name for the new club should ( god wiling it dosent ) happen SOUTHEND PHOENIX. lol

Now the HRMC debt has been paid off i wonder if we could see any of these free agents joining the club ,we desperately need a strong CD and a decent striker and a midfield general if we are to have any hope of avoiding relegation and the sooner the better. Seems reading the threads we are a match for many of the sides we have played just lacking that cutting edge.

Surely Ron must now bring forward his plan to strengthen in January. We need reinforcements now before it's too late.

Saw on another thread Sam Hart is available. Could do a lot worse seeing as we now need a left back. Has played at League one level and by the end of his time started to look a decent ish player.

Little suspect when defending, but who in our back line isn't? They say the best form of defence is attack and he looked alright going forwards

Saw on another thread Sam Hart is available. Could do a lot worse seeing as we now need a left back. Has played at League one level and by the end of his time started to look a decent ish player.

Little suspect when defending, but who in our back line isn't? They say the best form of defence is attack and he looked alright going forwards

Do we though?

Clifford is actually better than some of the others.

I'd say right back is in need more. Elvis has been dire.

We also need a winger as Egbri isnt ready, coupled with one or preferably two strikers

Do we though?

Clifford is actually better than some of the others.

I'd say right back is in need more. Elvis has been dire.

We also need a winger as Egbri isnt ready, coupled with one or preferably two strikers
Due to iFollow issues I didn't see how well Clifford performed against Oldham, but assuming it was similar to his performances last season i'd probably agree with you. Forgot about him at left back if i'm honest.

Sam hart as left winger. Square peg in round hole but he always looked better going forwards and could put a couple of decent crosses in. Agree we need two strikers who have played at this level.

Agree about Elvis. Hoping his performances are due to the team not performing rather than him sulking as he didn't get a move like Kelman and Hutchinson.

No thanks we just about survived the season he played! We want fresh faces and proven players.His crossing was dodgy and he was light weight.

I would love to sign Hart just because he was so committed to us when he was here. Similar to Timlin in a way, sometimes he'd put in a tackle that he had no right winning or a block on the stretch and that would be the spark that could lift the team.

Granted some of those times was because he wasn't the best defensively but still...

I really like Sam Hart, but would question why we would sign someone who plays in the same position as arguably our best player at the moment (Clifford). Surely funds will still be tight so let’s go for someone who fills the biggest void and that’s an experienced League 2 centre forward. Of the options listed, I’d go for Calvin Andrew. 33 years old and been around the block. Would seem to be the perfect foil for a fit Akinola. Forget signing another left back for now!

I really like Sam Hart, but would question why we would sign someone who plays in the same position as arguably our best player at the moment (Clifford). Surely funds will still be tight so let’s go for someone who fills the biggest void and that’s an experienced League 2 centre forward. Of the options listed, I’d go for Calvin Andrew. 33 years old and been around the block. Would seem to be the perfect foil for a fit Akinola. Forget signing another left back for now!

Hart would play on the wing for me , got a brilliant cross on him and is better going forward than defending in my opinion.

Also while I'm on the subject ... Elvis has been bossing it recently ... just wanted to add that for no reason haha

Hart would play on the wing for me , got a brilliant cross on him and is better going forward than defending in my opinion.

Also while I'm on the subject ... Elvis has been bossing it recently ... just wanted to add that for no reason haha
But then where would you play ANG? He's looked pretty good too. Nothing against Sam Hart - he's an excellent player and I'd have him back in a heartbeat, but I'm assuming funds are tight and the first place we must strengthen is up front as we're absolutely toothless at the moment - Acquah, Goodship, Sterling, Rush are the only fit options and none of them are up to the job sadly.

Back