• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Barna, how is the change of public policy working out in France?

Hollande's budget was total madness. This is a repetition of 1930s economics; you simply cannot implement such fiscal contraction (especially tax rises as they are more "recessionary" than spending cuts) without any kind of monetary stimulus. It is a repeat of the 1930s with the desparation to cling to the gold standard simply replaced by the desire to preserve the Euro.

The tax rises Hollande has introduced are mad. They will increase the deficit by undermining confidence and reducing economic activity, thus raising less revenue. The money supply has fallen through the floor (a sure sign of recession) and the manufacturing index has totally collapsed.

How much longer can this go on for?

Trust me its same ole same old.

Tony's probably right.In any case Yogi's far better qualified to comment than me.We'll be back in France in a fortnight for a long weekend.Funnily enough I wasn't too impressed with what I read about Holland's first budget either.
(All my wife's relatives-many of whom work in business, for top French companies-at a family do which I didn't go to, back in late August, were predicting that Spain type worries were in the pipeline for France).:stunned:

Back