• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK

Life President⭐⭐
No, not the new stadium, forget about all that nonsense.
SUFC under-15s not only won the tournament and trophy in Berlin in Germany, but won all seven matches, and without conceding a single goal. They beat Borussia Monchengladbach 1-0 in the final. Absolutely superb from the young lads. Striker Matt Rush scored an incredible 15 goals in the seven matches. Let's hope he turns out to be half as good as Ian Rush.
Then we have our very talented and best ever by a mile, under-18s group coming along very nicely, so well that eight of them have just been handed contracts to step up to the under-21s. They are, goalkeeper Bexon, defenders Salami and Coutts, midfielders Phillips, Bedford and Batlokwa, strikers Wabo and Walker.
There's never been so much talent coming through. Let's hope we can keep hold of most of them.

SUFC under-15s not only won the tournament and trophy in Berlin in Germany, but won all seven matches, and without conceding a single goal. They beat Borussia Monchengladbach 1-0 in the final. Absolutely superb from the young lads. Striker Matt Rush scored an incredible 15 goals in the seven matches. Let's hope he turns out to be half as good as Ian Rush.
Then we have our very talented and best ever by a mile, under-18s group coming along very nicely, so well that eight of them have just been handed contracts to step up to the under-21s. They are, goalkeeper Bexon, defenders Salami and Coutts, midfielders Phillips, Bedford and Batlokwa, strikers Wabo and Walker.
There's never been so much talent coming through. Let's hope we can keep hold of most of them.

One thing you have to give RM credit for.

Fantastic !

Absoulately love it when the yoofs come through the ranks,would be brilliant if some of those you mention play first team for us.

Future of football.....home grown talent.

Last edited:

Somewhat ironically Chorizo and Santander are developing nicely at Real Betis U-18s

How dull, I would much rather see some attacking football. Its obviously the 'clean sheets' mentality passed down by Brown. Who cares if we lose 4-3. I want to see these youngsters unshackled and allowed to entertain.

How dull, I would much rather see some attacking football. Its obviously the 'clean sheets' mentality passed down by Brown. Who cares if we loose 4-3. I want to see these youngsters unshackled and allowed to entertain.
What, this is a wind up yeh.

In every match report i read, (I may have missed a few..), it appears that Norman Wabo scores! Sounds to me like he is a promising talent. Producing your own players like Bentley and Payne really does bode well with the fans who will instantly take a liking to them

In every match report i read, (I may have missed a few..), it appears that Norman Wabo scores! Sounds to me like he is a promising talent. Producing your own players like Bentley and Payne really does bode well with the fans who will instantly take a liking to them

I don't think it will be long before Wabo overtakes Williams in the pecking order, although I'm not sure if that's really a compliment to NW:blush:

How dull, I would much rather see some attacking football. Its obviously the 'clean sheets' mentality passed down by Brown. Who cares if we loose 4-3. I want to see these youngsters unshackled and allowed to entertain.

STOP writing "loose" !,it's lose,driving me mad.

LOSE !:winking:

Decent ? Yes. Promising ? Yes. Best ever by a mile ?? Unsubstantiated hyperbole I'm afraid.

..... from what I've seen of the U21's that could be viewed as a step down.

In previous years most under-18s were let go as not seen as good enough. They were then replaced by the next crop of youngsters coming through, and the same thing happened. All the best youngsters in this area were snapped up by mostly London Clubs. Since Ricky Duncan came in, that has all changed. Ron Martin has invested more in the youths than any other chairman, along with sponsorship help from shrimperstrust and such like. We are now bringing on the talent with the help of the superb coaches and mentors.
So yes, this lot are better by a mile. I've seen it for myself having watched many youth games.

Great news, I've always got one eye on the youth set up as its a good source of income for us. But also it's helped to bring through a few decent players for us over the years. The likes of Moussa, Stuart O'Keefe, Dan Bentley, Jack Payne and Ted Smith. Moussa and O'Keefe have done well after leaving (Moussa unfortunate because of injuries). And no doubt Bentley, Payne and Smith will do well when they leave.

Norman Wabo has been scoring for fun with the u18's and I really hope he progresses through. There is nothing more satisfying than having a home grown striker banging them in for you. So here's to hoping he continues to do well and gets a first team call up sometime next season.

Hats off to Ricky Duncan and the team they have really been doing an excellent job.

But we are still reluctant to give them a go in the first team, 16-17 year olds can cut it in the big league if given the chance and IF the team is well balanced, something we have struggled with

Back