• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The future of the club

Tommy2holes

Life President⭐
After today's events at the court. I'd be interested to hear what people's honest thoughts are on our future.

I'm not sure where we go after today. We are so wide of the mark of what is required financially to get back on track.

We now have no means of income (ie) no gate receipts and no assets. Doesn't look like changing anytime soon.

We are playing kids who are out of their depth and will more than likely to get beat heavily most weeks.

We do not have planning that will undoubtedly release funds and have not submitted the planning and will probably not get any green lights this year.

I can't see Ron getting us out of this. What does that mean?

Well he either sells the club. Unlikely

He invites a business partner to stabilise the clubs finances. He is to pig headed potentially.

We get placed into administration and receive a 12 point penalty. We may get a new owner, although not a given and will undoubtedly be non league.

We get wound up and southend United cease to exist. The fans would have to start the club again.

This is the most worried I've ever been before, purely because the fans can't get to games to boost finances and also because all dialogue between the fans and Ron is non existent

I think absolutely everything hinges on what happens the next time the stadium is up with the council. Anything less than full steam ahead doesn’t bear thinking about.
The way we are going, as crazy as it sounds relegation to the national league might actually be a successful season for Southend United.

As an aside does anyone actually think we could form a Phoenix club? I don’t mean a shrimperzone fc. I mean a proper club within the pyramid. That certainly wouldn’t be easy.

I think we need to raise awareness of our concerns before it's too late regardless of Ron's statement. I'd rather look stupid overreacting than let the club slip away.

I think we need to raise awareness of our concerns before it's too late regardless of Ron's statement. I'd rather look stupid overreacting than let the club slip away.
Perhaps wait for the club statement before we start burning Ron effigies on Victoria Avenue? It should be out there soon.

Perhaps wait for the club statement before we start burning Ron effigies on Victoria Avenue? It should be out there soon.
I'm not saying we need to go to extremes, just need to make some noise because us fans are often too lenient with these issues.

I'm not saying we need to go to extremes, just need to make some noise because us fans are often too lenient with these issues.
Hopefully they’ll get the statement out pronto and allay some fears before it gets daft. Wouldn’t want to word this one!

Out of interest, what exactly do you think it’s going to achieve? It’s not like Ron is unaware about or unwilling to pay the 500k. He just doesn’t have the money.

Out of interest, what exactly do you think it’s going to achieve? It’s not like Ron is unaware about or unwilling to pay the 500k. He just doesn’t have the money.
So we'll just sit here silently while the club has 42 days to cough up an obscene amount of money. Ron probably won't be able to find that himself. Raising awareness might give us a fighting chance?

I think Ron will make another partial payment in six weeks time that will enable us to limp on till the new year. On the field it doesn't bear thinking about, the squad even with two more additions looks very weak and we could be in the bottom four all season. Hopefully the Council can get a move on and agree to planning permission but beware of the nimbys and others who may put a spanner in the works. It looks like nail biting times for many months yet.

So we'll just sit here silently while the club has 42 days to cough up an obscene amount of money. Ron probably won't be able to find that himself. Raising awareness might give us a fighting chance?
How will protesting about Ron have any impact on us having a fighting chance? He’s the one that has to pay the 500k. Fundraising efforts might help our chances, but protesting against Ron is a waste of time and will achieve nothing. He isn’t going anywhere and is our only real hope of the debt being paid off in 42 days, whether we like it or not.

If every active member on here truly loves their club as much as they say... Then a 50-100 pound donation to the club would go a long way to at least being competitive again.
I can understand the controversy around this but it would work. Also we have the Shrimpers trust who appear totally set up for this type of appeal. I also note the the trust are not shy in there donations ,recently donating £200000 to the centre of excellence.

How will protesting about Ron have any impact on us having a fighting chance? He’s the one that has to pay the 500k. Fundraising efforts might help our chances, but protesting against Ron is a waste of time and will achieve nothing. He isn’t going anywhere and is our only real hope of the debt being paid off in 42 days, whether we like it or not.
Where did I suggest a direct protest about Ron?

Where did I suggest a direct protest about Ron?
You were replying to a post talking about a direct protest about Ron (burning effigies), saying we don’t need to go to extremes but need to be vocal. That suggests some sort of protest to me, seeing as there’s already a separate thread discussing crowdfunding.

You were replying to a post talking about a direct protest about Ron (burning effigies), saying we don’t need to go to extremes but need to be vocal. That suggests some sort of protest to me, seeing as there’s already a separate thread discussing crowdfunding.
You're clutching at very small straws to dig me out here. That reply is completely open to interpretation and you have chosen to see it as asking for a direct protest.

I said we need to be vocal about the HMRC issue as it's not the first time this has happened, but like you say it's a waste of time to witch hunt Ron.

I'm just asking for fans to demand honesty from those at the top and get behind the club if we need to via fundraisers.

If you checked the other thread, you'd find that I have been trying to get a few people together to get the attention of the Trust/Blue Voice.

Also on a side note, infighting is something we seriously need to avoid as supporters right now. It will only complicate any efforts to help resolve the current situation

I think we need to wait for a statement from the Trust in all fairness, and any action should be directed through them as 'one entity' they already have funds and to build on those funds would be an easier option. I would also be expecting a statement from the Trust sometime today?

Back